Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 287

Thread: Marianne Gingrich has said she could end her ex-husband's career with a single interv

  1. #61
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marianne Gingrich has said she could end her ex-husband's career with a single in

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    Would you vote for a man with a small penis?
    As long as he compensated with a fast car or big gun.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Marianne Gingrich has said she could end her ex-husband's career with a single in

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Since I've been married for 37 years to the same woman and never once committed adultery, I'm now picking up rocks of various shapes and sizes to hurl at the serial adulterer.

    I do have a solution for Newtie, however. Just run for President of France. They have no problem with guys who have mistresses and wives.
    So, are you ready to also stone Clinton ? Al Gore ? John Edwards ?

    Or if we go back a little, LBJ, JFK, and even FDR ? To my knowledge, only Carter and Truman get a pass on the Dem side.

    I applaud you for being in a good marriage. Unfortunately, half of all do not work out, and a large portion of those had adultery, as do many that do not dissolve. If adultery is the disqualifier, we are more "screwed" than we already think we are

  3. #63
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Marianne Gingrich has said she could end her ex-husband's career with a single in

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    Would you vote for a man with a small penis?
    Is Tucker even running?
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Marianne Gingrich has said she could end her ex-husband's career with a single in

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    One thing I have learned is to never assume what a poltician will accept and what they won't. I wouldn't rule out Newt accepting a VP slot if he loses the primary.
    I did not care to waste much time on it, but there just isn't much talk of Newt being the underling on a ticket. I see it as a bad fit for him. However, more relative are the many discussions about such as a Rubio or Ryan, or some Governor, getting the slot. If Newt does not get the nomination, it is because of his baggage. Hard to envision a nominee then hauling all the baggage back on the train.

  5. #65
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Marianne Gingrich has said she could end her ex-husband's career with a single in

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    I did not care to waste much time on it, but there just isn't much talk of Newt being the underling on a ticket. I see it as a bad fit for him. However, more relative are the many discussions about such as a Rubio or Ryan, or some Governor, getting the slot. If Newt does not get the nomination, it is because of his baggage. Hard to envision a nominee then hauling all the baggage back on the train.
    You could say it's hard to imagine but Newt recently got alot of tea party leader support ( Report: 100 Tea Party Members to Back Newt - West Ashley, SC Patch ) which is definitely something a Romney Presidential run would need, along with the fact that he would do well against Biden in VP debates. If Romney were to pick a Sarah Palin or a governor with little to no foreign policy experience it would show during the debate. In general I think it's a bad idea for a governor to pick a governor as a VP just because you don't get the variety. You get more foreign policy and you have to deal with grand scheme domestic policy issues more in the senate and garner executive experience as governor. It's one of the reasons I didn't like Biden as Obama's pick, though that wasn't as terrible of a decision since Obama needed someone with lots of experience and Biden provided him with that (though I wouldn't have picked him just on the basis of him being so gaffe prone in the first place.)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  6. #66
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Marianne Gingrich has said she could end her ex-husband's career with a single in

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    You could say it's hard to imagine but Newt recently got alot of tea party leader support ( Report: 100 Tea Party Members to Back Newt - West Ashley, SC Patch ) which is definitely something a Romney Presidential run would need, along with the fact that he would do well against Biden in VP debates. If Romney were to pick a Sarah Palin or a governor with little to no foreign policy experience it would show during the debate. In general I think it's a bad idea for a governor to pick a governor as a VP just because you don't get the variety. You get more foreign policy and you have to deal with grand scheme domestic policy issues more in the senate and garner executive experience as governor. It's one of the reasons I didn't like Biden as Obama's pick, though that wasn't as terrible of a decision since Obama needed someone with lots of experience and Biden provided him with that (though I wouldn't have picked him just on the basis of him being so gaffe prone in the first place.)
    i really don't find that hard to believe, many of the tea partiers will vot abo. sounds like chris christie is applying for the vp slot.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Marianne Gingrich has said she could end her ex-husband's career with a single in

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    You could say it's hard to imagine but Newt recently got alot of tea party leader support ( Report: 100 Tea Party Members to Back Newt - West Ashley, SC Patch ) which is definitely something a Romney Presidential run would need, along with the fact that he would do well against Biden in VP debates. If Romney were to pick a Sarah Palin or a governor with little to no foreign policy experience it would show during the debate. In general I think it's a bad idea for a governor to pick a governor as a VP just because you don't get the variety. You get more foreign policy and you have to deal with grand scheme domestic policy issues more in the senate and garner executive experience as governor. It's one of the reasons I didn't like Biden as Obama's pick, though that wasn't as terrible of a decision since Obama needed someone with lots of experience and Biden provided him with that (though I wouldn't have picked him just on the basis of him being so gaffe prone in the first place.)
    Gingrich in debates is unbeatable. If he gets the GOP nod, it will be because of the debates. However, the #2 on the ticket doesn't get much to debate, and no one cares anyway. The current beliefs are that such as Rubio, also a Tea Party darling, gets the nod. Again, if Newt is the nominee, it means that at least a good portion of the GOP accepts his baggage. If he does not, then he is rejected because of baggage. Hard to see how such as Romney would want him after such a rejection.

  8. #68
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Marianne Gingrich has said she could end her ex-husband's career with a single in

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Gingrich in debates is unbeatable. If he gets the GOP nod, it will be because of the debates. However, the #2 on the ticket doesn't get much to debate, and no one cares anyway. The current beliefs are that such as Rubio, also a Tea Party darling, gets the nod. Again, if Newt is the nominee, it means that at least a good portion of the GOP accepts his baggage. If he does not, then he is rejected because of baggage. Hard to see how such as Romney would want him after such a rejection.
    You say that he is rejected because of his baggage as if it were fact. Perry, Santorum and Bachmann all had no such similar baggage that I am aware of and yet two of them have already gotten out of the race. It's possible that just more people want Romney to be the Republican pick.

    Again, I'm not saying Gingrich will be the pick, especially after this interview I find it nearly impossible for him to get the VP slot, but beforehand I could definitely see it happen.

    Edit: Gingrich is good in debates, but hardly unbeatable. He can throw out that red meat to his base but some of the time he comes accross as nothing more than an arrogant asshole. At least though, he has enough knowledge of the world to not look completely silly such as a Palin or a Herman Cain etc. and can make some strong arguments when he's not interested in just slapping his chest.
    Last edited by roughdraft274; 01-19-12 at 01:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Marianne Gingrich has said she could end her ex-husband's career with a single in

    Back to the primary thread topic. ABC is hyping this for all its worth. You can see online clips now, to include a very bitter ex-wife trying with all her might to bash Newt. Wonder how much she was paid. Or tried to extort in lieu of doing this.

    And if Newt is as good as some of us think he is, he can hit a grand slam with this as well.

    While he needs to once again affirm his foibles, and his redemption, he can then capitalize on the uber-hypocritical liberal MSM. This is all old news, being reborn by ABC solely to trash Newt. But where was the MSM on Edwards ? Heck, teh National Enquirer only got the scoop as the MSM would not go there against a liberal. Or Jennifer Flowers during the Clinton campagn ? Again, it was the Enquirer because the MSM would not touch it.

    Lesser orators might be in deep doodoo on this. Americans are growing sick of the liberal double standard with the press. And Newt is the guy to drive a Mack Truck through that mess. But Gingrich can turn it into another standing O if he is on key

    He usually is.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Marianne Gingrich has said she could end her ex-husband's career with a single in

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    You say that he is rejected because of his baggage as if it were fact. Perry, Santorum and Bachmann all had no such similar baggage that I am aware of and yet two of them have already gotten out of the race. It's possible that just more people want Romney to be the Republican pick.

    Again, I'm not saying Gingrich will be the pick, especially after this interview I find it nearly impossible for him to get the VP slot, but beforehand I could definitely see it happen.
    What I have said is that if Newt does not win the nomination, it is precisely because of his baggage. He is otherwise the brightest, most experienced, and most qualified candidate, and it isn't close. Bachman, Perry, and the others are not in Newt's league when it comes to his ability to take take on anyone. Newt would crush any opponent in a one on one debate. He is feared by all when on stage.

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •