Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 99

Thread: These kids should go to JAIL!

  1. #21
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: These kids should go to JAIL!

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    sorry to disappoint, not all of us have the Bruce Lee genes.
    What about the Chow Yun Fat genes?

    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #22
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,242
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: These kids should go to JAIL!

    I heard on the radio that all seven involved have been arrested -- one is being charged as an adult. Rock on, Chicago LEO's!
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  3. #23
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,469

    Re: These kids should go to JAIL!

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I heard on the radio that all seven involved have been arrested -- one is being charged as an adult. Rock on, Chicago LEO's!
    I don't know which would be worst, placed in Chicago jail or in Cook County Juvenile Detention Center. Either way these punks are in for a real eye opener.

  4. #24
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: These kids should go to JAIL!

    Quote Originally Posted by ElijahGalt View Post
    Watch this video. I find it despicable that six kids would beat this one kid almost to the point of death. Notice how hard and how often he's kicked in the head. That could have caused severe permanent brain injury. And these assholes think they're so tough when it's 6 against 1.

    Send them to jail. As a libertarian, I've never felt more in support of hate crime laws in my life. Though I don't necessarily support the idea behind hate crime legislation because I'm worried it may come with unintended consequences, I do find the idea of mandatory prison sentences very appealing in this case.
    I find it dispicable myself, but hate crime laws won't change the behavior of humans who act like animals, nor will prison. Prison would likely make it even worse. What actually needs to happen is the perps need to be beat half to death, just as they did to the Chinese guy. They need to really understand what they did by experiencing it themselves.

    Sadly, this sort of behavior is becoming all too common in our society. Sadly, it's because many humans can't behave themselves in an atmosphere of freedom without becoming feral.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  5. #25
    Educator

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Jordan
    Last Seen
    10-02-17 @ 06:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,220

    Re: These kids should go to JAIL!

    If he had a gun and killed one of them would that be considered legal?

  6. #26
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: These kids should go to JAIL!

    Quote Originally Posted by L0neW0lf View Post
    If he had a gun and killed one of them would that be considered legal?
    In some circumstances, yes. Not sure about in his specific case.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  7. #27
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: These kids should go to JAIL!

    Quote Originally Posted by L0neW0lf View Post
    If he had a gun and killed one of them would that be considered legal?


    In my home state, yes. We call that "lynching" (more than 1 on 1) and it is considered deadly force, so deadly force is a justified response.

    In Chicago? I don't know, Chicago is very anti-gun and not self-defense friendly.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  8. #28
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,242
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: These kids should go to JAIL!

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    In my home state, yes. We call that "lynching" (more than 1 on 1) and it is considered deadly force, so deadly force is a justified response.

    In Chicago? I don't know, Chicago is very anti-gun and not self-defense friendly.
    Aww, come on. We aren't that bad. If he'd blown a few asses away, he'd'a been just fine. Right after they threw him in jail for carrying a concealed weapon.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  9. #29
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,802

    Re: These kids should go to JAIL!

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    I find it dispicable myself, but hate crime laws won't change the behavior of humans who act like animals, nor will prison. Prison would likely make it even worse. What actually needs to happen is the perps need to be beat half to death, just as they did to the Chinese guy. They need to really understand what they did by experiencing it themselves.

    Sadly, this sort of behavior is becoming all too common in our society. Sadly, it's because many humans can't behave themselves in an atmosphere of freedom without becoming feral.
    What will happen to these young punks in prison is that they will be probably have more sex than they've ever had in their lives...but it won't be consensual.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  10. #30
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: These kids should go to JAIL!

    Quote Originally Posted by ElijahGalt View Post


    Watch this video. I find it despicable that six kids would beat this one kid almost to the point of death. Notice how hard and how often he's kicked in the head. That could have caused severe permanent brain injury. And these assholes think they're so tough when it's 6 against 1.

    Send them to jail. As a libertarian, I've never felt more in support of hate crime laws in my life. Though I don't necessarily support the idea behind hate crime legislation because I'm worried it may come with unintended consequences, I do find the idea of mandatory prison sentences very appealing in this case.
    I do not support hate crime laws. What I support is punishing those with the maximum penalty for assault and attempted murder.I could care less if the offenders are in their teens,twenties, thirties or what ever. The fact the offenders may be minors doesn't change the fact they committed a violent crime and as such should be punished like anyone else who commits a violent crime.
    Last edited by jamesrage; 01-18-12 at 12:38 PM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •