Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 98

Thread: Gingrich Suggests Illegally Firing Federal Employees Over Liberal Views

  1. #71
    Guru
    PerfectStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    12-01-17 @ 09:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,182

    Re: Gingrich Suggests Illegally Firing Federal Employees Over Liberal Views

    Those travel office employees better watch their backs.

  2. #72
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Gingrich Suggests Illegally Firing Federal Employees Over Liberal Views

    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    Those travel office employees better watch their backs.
    So political firings are wrong?
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  3. #73
    Student
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    11-22-14 @ 02:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    206

    Re: Gingrich Suggests Illegally Firing Federal Employees Over Liberal Views

    If Gingrich became president and started firing govt employees for being liberal, it would take 40 years to begin making a dent. Lets face it govt bureaucracies are not exactly bastions of conservative thinking. If you want to stagnate your fed bur career in a hurry start espousing conservative values.

    Wasn't T. Jefferson the one that said that we need a revolution every 20 yrs? In his mind you not only threw out the tyrant but all of his ministers and bureaucracy went too. We're about 220 years behind schedule. If this country were a garden the govt would be the weeds, competing for light and water. At this point we can no longer see the tomatoes, peppers or carrots, and the corn is slowly being swallowed.

  4. #74
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Gingrich Suggests Illegally Firing Federal Employees Over Liberal Views

    Quote Originally Posted by gingern44 View Post
    Wasn't T. Jefferson the one that said that we need a revolution every 20 yrs? In his mind you not only threw out the tyrant but all of his ministers and bureaucracy went too.
    No, Jefferson said nothing of the sort. He said the opposite, in fact.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  5. #75
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,129

    Re: Gingrich Suggests Illegally Firing Federal Employees Over Liberal Views

    gingern, check out this cite: Thomas Jefferson - Wikiquote
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  6. #76
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Gingrich Suggests Illegally Firing Federal Employees Over Liberal Views

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    gingern, check out this cite: Thomas Jefferson - Wikiquote
    Here, I'll do it. Here's the full quote. Jefferson was saying that rebellions were to be expected, and are healthy, in a free society - but he wasn't saying they should actually succeed, nor that the rebels were right.

    "God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed.The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ... What country before ever existed a century and half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  7. #77
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,719

    Re: Gingrich Suggests Illegally Firing Federal Employees Over Liberal Views

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    if this thread were about the need for more efficient government, such that we could downsize the number of government workers, we would be in agreement
    however, this topic is about crazy newt proclaiming that federal employees should be fired for no reason other than their politics being a different brand than his own
    no thinking American could agree to that
    Thats kind of what Newt is saying but he used partisan buzzwords and tripped the bull**** meters. He is saying that government service and structures need a change in mindset, governments current purpose seems to be to create more work for itself, from congress and the executive branch on down. That needs to change and it cannot be done with the same people in place that seem to keep moving the government engine forward onto bigger and bigger bureaucracy.

    Newt overthought this and worded it terribly. But if we are going to change the philosophy of government and exact real change, people need to change their thinking or hit the road. Im not even talking liberal and conservative here but the nature and scope of government.

  8. #78
    Student
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    11-22-14 @ 02:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    206

    Re: Gingrich Suggests Illegally Firing Federal Employees Over Liberal Views

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Here, I'll do it. Here's the full quote. Jefferson was saying that rebellions were to be expected, and are healthy, in a free society - but he wasn't saying they should actually succeed, nor that the rebels were right.

    "God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed.The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ... What country before ever existed a century and half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
    OK so he didn't say "we need a revolution every 20 yrs", he said "God forbid we should ever be 20 yrs without such a rebellion". I believe if he saw what the fed has morphed into today he would be literally nauseated. And he would agree that we're 220 yrs behind schedule.

  9. #79
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Gingrich Suggests Illegally Firing Federal Employees Over Liberal Views

    Quote Originally Posted by gingern44 View Post
    OK so he didn't say "we need a revolution every 20 yrs", he said "God forbid we should ever be 20 yrs without such a rebellion".
    And then he said the rebels were wrong, and uneducated, and needed to fail.

    I believe if he saw what the fed has morphed into today he would be literally nauseated. And he would agree that we're 220 yrs behind schedule.
    I don't, because I think HE would have morphed alot in 220 years too.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  10. #80
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: Gingrich Suggests Illegally Firing Federal Employees Over Liberal Views

    In other news, the White House claims that Newt Gingrich suggested that ground puppy-burgers be fed to elementary school children and the elderly.

    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •