Page 96 of 154 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 960 of 1533

Thread: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

  1. #951
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I never said you can't. I've only said that your criticisms are uninformed.
    Now to handle this specific backtracking comment. Do you think that when you spout off about Obama, your criticisms are uninformed because you aren't the president?

    *Side Note: I noticed MaggieD like this post. I'll remember that you agree with a post that calls the opinions of non-military people uninformed about the military when you make comments about education.

  2. #952
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Now to handle this specific backtracking comment. Do you think that when you spout off about Obama, your criticisms are uninformed because you aren't the president?

    *Side Note: I noticed MaggieD like this post. I'll remember that you agree with a post that calls the opinions of non-military people uninformed about the military when you make comments about education.
    S'matter? Our education debates gotcha' down? Second time this thread you've referenced that...are you keeping notes?
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  3. #953
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    S'matter? Our education debates gotcha' down? Second time this thread you've referenced that...are you keeping notes?
    Nope and if you think you're the only person I've called out, you're wrong. I'm just dumbfounded by the amount of unapologetic hypocrisy being displayed in this thread. We have people who take every opportunity to tell Obama how to do his job, to tell teachers how to do their jobs, to tell women how to make decisions about abortion and so on, but now all of sudden all of these people, including you, think that people can't have 'informed' opinions about things that the have not directly experienced. I'm not going to forget this.

  4. #954
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Nope and if you think you're the only person I've called out, you're wrong. I'm just dumbfounded by the amount of unapologetic hypocrisy being displayed in this thread. We have people who take every opportunity to tell Obama how to do his job, to tell teachers how to do their jobs, to tell women how to make decisions about abortion and so on, but now all of sudden all of these people, including you, think that people can't have 'informed' opinions about things that the have not directly experienced. I'm not going to forget this.
    Glad you won't, PlayDrive. It'll make for some lively debate. You take this much too seriously. If you haven't hidden in a jungle in fear of your life...driven a humvee down a street afraid that the bump in the road ahead is a land mine...watched your comrades get blown apart...or watched a truck drive up to a checkpoint and seen the suicide bomber/driver with kids in the back take out five of your friends then you have no business judging some young kids' assinine behavior and calling it atrocious.... Or worse yet, war crimes.
    Last edited by MaggieD; 01-16-12 at 10:13 PM.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  5. #955
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Glad you won't, PlayDrive. It'll make for some lively debate. You take this much too seriously. If you haven't hidden in a jungle in fear of your life...driven a humvee down a street afraid that the bump in the road ahead is a land mine...watched your comrades get blown apart...or watched a truck drive up to a checkpoint and seen the suicide bomber/driver with kids in the back take out five of your friends then you have no business judging some young kids' assinine behavior and calling it atrocious.... Or worse yet, war crimes.
    I didn't call anybody's behavior atrocious. So far, in our interactions, I'm the only one who has actually addressed what the other person has said. Moreover, I consider hypocrisy something worth mentioning when it undermines the argument someone is trying to make. If you consider calling attention to this "taking this much too seriously", then I suppose we have very different opinions on what "debate" entails.

  6. #956
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    I didn't call anybody's behavior atrocious. So far, in our interactions, I'm the only one who has actually addressed what the other person has said. Moreover, I consider hypocrisy something worth mentioning when it undermines the argument someone is trying to make. If you consider calling attention to this "taking this much too seriously", then I suppose we have very different opinions on what "debate" entails.
    Nothing I have said in this thread is hypocritical. You have a habit of pulling that card and others...it's annoying -- taking a topic off point and concentrating on the poster. I wish you would stop it.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  7. #957
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Nothing I have said in this thread is hypocritical. You have a habit of pulling that card and others...it's annoying -- taking a topic off point and concentrating on the poster. I wish you would stop it.
    The only thing I have a habit of doing is pointing things out that you'd rather I gloss over. Besides, you take this much too seriously.
    Last edited by ThePlayDrive; 01-16-12 at 10:27 PM.

  8. #958
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    usa
    Last Seen
    10-21-13 @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,395
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Nothing I have said in this thread is hypocritical. You have a habit of pulling that card and others...it's annoying -- taking a topic off point and concentrating on the poster. I wish you would stop it.
    MaggieD, you are channelling people to think existentially down perscribed avenues of theory and theology, not allowing them to have exponential thoughts about all things compounding into one moment.

    Now since everybody does it may justify it not being hypocritical, doesn't change the fact every character in humanity became one serving a social identity as society's child not ancestry's.

    Now this is what makes the battlefield of ideas spill over into battlegrounds of sacrificed lifetimes honoring ideology of maybe rather than striving to survive as designed by this sole moment's compounding results always living in this forever present now result of balances added together so far.

    Remember I am saying this not against you or anyone else as I am describving how everyone is acting the same way relative to their own adopted thinking being recited as edcuated to believe reality is all a character can own.
    Last edited by OneMale; 01-16-12 at 10:33 PM.

  9. #959
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    That's weird because you responded to me when I made this comment:



    in response to Captain America who claimed that those not in the military should not "shoot off at their pie hole" (aka criticize the military) when it comes to military concerns. You responded that the president is different because he works for you meaning that you did not object to the topic of conversation - that non-military people can't criticize the military.

    In either case, you're still wrong about the military and the President being different in regards to working for the public. Both are paid by the public. Both work for it.
    You're just raw because people are bad-mouthing Obama and taking this oppurtunity to get some payback.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #960
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by OneMale View Post
    MaggieD, you are channelling people to think existentially down perscribed avenues of theory and theology, not allowing them to have exponential thoughts about all things compounding into one moment.

    Now since everybody does it may justify it not being hypocritical, doesn't change the fact every character in humanity became one serving a social identity as society's child not ancestry's.
    Well, OneMale, if I understand you correctly, you disagree with me. I'll have to think about this statement: "...not allowing them to have exponential thoughts..." Perhaps you are right.

    I "liked" your post 'cause I think you're a sweetie pie.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •