Page 88 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 880 of 1533

Thread: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

  1. #871
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    If you're suggesting that those Marines are "just the same" as our enemies, I'm sorry, I'm just not going to be able to agree with that.
    If you are going to suggest that I said that, I am just not going to be able to agree with your suggestion. Now why not point out the difference between the two things you compapred for us instead of evading?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #872
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,726

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    One is less outrageous because it's our guys doing the desecrating. And I can certainly see why some people feel that way, but that argument doesn't fly with me.

    If you love your child or a younger sibling, do you be less upset when he does stupid **** compared to someone else's kid or sibling, or should you be more upset?
    Yes, some of you have suggested that you're actually quicker to condemn our troops for their actions than those of the Taliban (or whoever). I am just not that way. /shrug

  3. #873
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,726

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    If you are going to suggest that I said that, I am just not going to be able to agree with your suggestion. Now why not point out the difference between the two things you compapred for us instead of evading?
    The two things I compared was peeing on bodies and dragging them naked through the street. Do you really want me to list why I think one is worse than the other?

  4. #874
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Yes, some of you have suggested that you're actually quicker to condemn our troops for their actions than those of the Taliban (or whoever). I am just not that way. /shrug
    See, now I think our troops are better than the taliban. I am sorry you disagree.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #875
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenvilleGrows View Post
    Stillballin - can you compare it in severity to something non-war related? Meaning, you say it's wrong, how wrong is it? What kind of crime would the punishment be similar to? Or, if you can, what should the punishment actually be?
    Is there a civilian equivalent of desecration of a dead body? I think there is - but I don't know if that's a comparable situation to what happens in wartime.

    As for punishment - I'm not particularly keen on giving these guys a hard time. Maybe dock part of their pay for a few months, but the key thing is to give them a good long talk about how stupid their actions were, especially the videotaping part. In fact, the Corps is instituting new "battlefield ethics" training in light of this incident - i'm not sure how seriously they're going to take it, but it's something I suppose.

    To be honest, the actions of these Marines upset me, but only slightly. Desecrating dead bodies has been going on for a long time, it doesn't make it right, but its understandable. I'm not OVERLY worked up about it.

    Now if we're going to talk about real moral dilemmas in war, let's talk about the use of drop weapons. That's a conundrum if I've ever seen one.

  6. #876
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    The two things I compared was peeing on bodies and dragging them naked through the street. Do you really want me to list why I think one is worse than the other?
    Yes, because I do not see a difference. Both are desecrations of the dead. If an enemy soldier pissed on one of our troops, I would have the same pissed off reaction I would have if they dragged him through the streets.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #877
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Yes, some of you have suggested that you're actually quicker to condemn our troops for their actions than those of the Taliban (or whoever). I am just not that way. /shrug
    Yes, because we are (supposedly) better than the enemy.

  8. #878
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,726

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    See, now I think our troops are better than the taliban. I am sorry you disagree.
    I think our troops deserve more of the benefit of our understanding than the Taliban. My support is not contingent on our troops behaving perfectly.

  9. #879
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I think our troops deserve more of the benefit of our understanding than the Taliban. My support is not contingent on our troops behaving perfectly.
    Condemning inappropriate actions is not being unsupportive of our troops. Nor is expecting more from our troops.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #880
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,726

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Yes, because we are (supposedly) better than the enemy.

    Ok, SB, that's fine. I just see it differently.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •