Page 85 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 850 of 1533

Thread: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

  1. #841
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Oh, come on. The fact is no one on this post has complained about them killing them. No one's said, as you just did, "Very big no-no." No one has called killing them atrocious or deplorable or wrong or (pick-your-adjective). Greenville is correct. The only problem we seem to have is their actions afterwards. If that doesn't make one stop and think how we value lives in war, well...
    I think what Redress is saying is please QUOTE them NOT complaining about killing them.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #842
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Mine too. In fact, I believe I said the very same thing right here on this thread, 1/12/12 @ 7:09 pm, post number 383. Rep. Allan West must have read my post and decided to use it. LOL!

    War is hell. If you ain't fighting it, have a nice hot cup of shut the **** up.
    Last edited by Captain America; 01-15-12 at 01:09 PM.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  3. #843
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenvilleGrows View Post
    Ok, impromptu poll for those who've commented: If non-military punishment ranges in severity from jaywalking to per-meditated murder, where does this offense rate?
    My examples (subject to interpretation and feel free to use your own):
    Jaywalking
    Speeding
    Public intoxication
    Drunk and disorderly
    Driving while intoxicated
    Vandalism
    Petty Larceny
    Grand theft
    Domestic abuse
    Assault
    Battery
    Vehicular manslaughter
    Manslaughter
    Murder
    Pr-meditated murder

    On my list, I'd rate this somewhere in the range of vandalism, larceny or maybe grand theft (give or take). What about you?

    It actuality - Drunk & Disorderly, but the reality is these Marines will get the Pre-Meditated murder wrap and if they plea, will get Manslaughter because of all the faux outrage over a mole hill moment. The numbskull who posted this on YouTube should be sterilized (I'm saying that metaphorically), as that kind of stupid should not reproduce.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #844
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    LOL, she wasn't advocating that anyone NOT support the military over the Taliban. So many strawmen, so little time.
    You know what annoyed me most about her post? The use of the term "our boys" as if we're on the same side of something. Clearly we're not. I'm just saying, I know whose side I'm on.

  5. #845
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    You know what annoyed me most about her post? The use of the term "our boys" as if we're on the same side of something. Clearly we're not. I'm just saying, I know whose side I'm on.
    If you're insinuating the age-old canard that Serenity is somehow a terrorist-supporter or an "enemy-supporter," then that is one big huge ****ing gigantic straw man.

  6. #846
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    War is hell. If you ain't fighting it, have a nice hot cup of shut the **** up.
    Running the country is hell. If you ain't doing it, have a nice hot cup of shut the **** up and don't criticize any presidents.

  7. #847
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Running the country is hell. If you ain't doing it, have a nice hot cup of shut the **** up and don't criticize any presidents.
    You're true colors are showing... censorship for all who don't agree eh?.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  8. #848
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    You're true colors are showing... censorship for all who don't agree eh?.
    Isn't that exactly what's happening with all the folks who are saying "You've never put on a uniform so therefore your opinion means jack ****"? It's just another way to suppress dissenting opinion TPD was merely pointing out an analogous situation.

  9. #849
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    You're true colors are showing... censorship for all who don't agree eh?.
    My point went so far over your head it's not even funny.

  10. #850
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Isn't that exactly what's happening with all the folks who are saying "You've never put on a uniform so therefore your opinion means jack ****"? It's just another way to suppress dissenting opinion TPD was merely pointing out an analogous situation.
    Absolutely not - it means they have no frame of reference to know what these men are going through and their comments therefore are premature and uninformed. In NO WAY is it "If you've never been a combat soldier have a nice hot cup of shut the **** up and don't criticize any Marines". No one is saying that ... what I and others have said is that we believe what was done was wrong, we don't endorse it, but we understand. Even I, who was never in combat, at least can understand.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •