Page 82 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 1533

Thread: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

  1. #811
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Killing them was part of their job. Pissing on them was not. In fact, pissing on them was something that they are not supposed to do. Care to try again?
    No, I don't care to try again. Greenville's observation will resonate with some and not others. Some will see the irony; others will not. I see the irony...others will, too.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  2. #812
    Educator Dpetty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-05-17 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    967

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It's a stupid comparison. In fighting with those designated as enemy, our soldiers are doing their job. Pissing on the dead bodies, not so much. Expecting our soldiers to act professionally is not blowing things out of proportion. It is something we have expected for quite some time.
    I fail to see what your advocating then. We all agree that the soldiers should be punished. What are you saying that I am not getting? Are you saying they should be executed? Should terrorists be allowed to come pee on them in retaliation? What?

  3. #813
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,294
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    No, I don't care to try again. Greenville's observation will resonate with some and not others. Some will see the irony; others will not. I see the irony...others will, too.
    The irony is based on a flawed understanding of what people are talking about however. If you do not understand the situation, I can see how you can find things not actually there.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #814
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So the next time you criticize congress or the president, we can ask you when you served in congress or the president? If you haven't, you can't judge? Yes, your argument is just that stupid.
    Apples and oranges. It's an afront to every person that has ever worn the uniform, to compare them to a 2 bit elected politician. You of all people should realize that, sister.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #815
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,294
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Dpetty View Post
    I fail to see what your advocating then. We all agree that the soldiers should be punished. What are you saying that I am not getting? Are you saying they should be executed? Should terrorists be allowed to come pee on them in retaliation? What?
    What people are failing to see is that who the dead where, and what things the Taliban have done are entirely irrelevant. However, people pointing out that the act was inappropriate and bad is not blowing things out of proportion. It is things like the US reaction which we can point to as examples of why we are better than other countries.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #816
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,294
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Apples and oranges. It's an afront to every person that has ever worn the uniform, to compare them to a 2 bit elected politician. You of all people should realize that, sister.
    I did not compare them to elected officials. I pointed out the exact flaw in your reasoning. What you are doing is trying to dismiss the opinions of those who might disagree with you, instead of actually addressing their points. It's piss poor(get it?) debate.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #817
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    The trully sad part of all this consternation, is that the folks with twist things in their booties would never put this much effort in patting our troops on the back when they do something good.

    American personel have protected and saved untold thousands of Aghan and Iraqi lives over the years and you'll never hear the handwringers clammering about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #818
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The irony is based on a flawed understanding of what people are talking about however. If you do not understand the situation, I can see how you can find things not actually there.
    I understand it perfectly.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  9. #819
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I did not compare them to elected officials. I pointed out the exact flaw in your reasoning. What you are doing is trying to dismiss the opinions of those who might disagree with you, instead of actually addressing their points. It's piss poor(get it?) debate.
    So that we're on the same sheet of music, what is it that you believe my reasoning is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #820
    Educator Dpetty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-05-17 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    967

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    What people are failing to see is that who the dead where, and what things the Taliban have done are entirely irrelevant. However, people pointing out that the act was inappropriate and bad is not blowing things out of proportion. It is things like the US reaction which we can point to as examples of why we are better than other countries.
    So your grandstanding and advocating for terrorist rights? Who was it that made that post about the people that spit on the Marines when they were returning from Vietnam (my dad was one of those Marines by the way)? Cause that sounds a lot like what you are doing.
    We see who the dead were. They were humans. Humans who held no value for human life. They didnt value OUR lives, their WIVES lives, they didnt even value THEIR own lives. Why should we in turn defend them and mourne what happened to them?

    I think Mufasa said it best when he said yada yada yada, something about staying out of the shadowy place, oh ya "its the circle of life".

    Liberals dont care about a human embryo but they raise hell over a dead terrorist.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •