Page 81 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 1533

Thread: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

  1. #801
    Advisor GreenvilleGrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    My version of reality
    Last Seen
    10-05-12 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    566

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    I'm confused... somehow urinating on a dead body is worse than killing a live one? Poor judgement? - yes. Deserving of punishment? - yes. But, how harsh should the punishment really be?

    I've seen people piss on other people's cars. I've seen them piss on other people's furniture and in their houses (yes, drunk people). I've seen people piss on other people from on top of buildings. I've seen people piss on all sorts of things (non-sexual) in a desperate show of machismo. All are lewd. All should be punished in some way.

    But, I think if someone was trying to kill me and got killed instead, I might be tempted to "piss on their grave", too. and, we train these boys to use their adrenaline and testosterone to the max. Using a young man's life for political grandstanding is bad. Our leaders should publicly apologize. And, the country should decry the misconduct. And, the boys should be "adequately" punished. But, their lives should not be permanently ruined over this.
    The US is an odd ship. The captain yells out when he sees obtacles , but 535 individual propellers do the steering.

  2. #802
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenvilleGrows View Post
    I'm confused... somehow urinating on a dead body is worse than killing a live one? Poor judgement? - yes. Deserving of punishment? - yes. But, how harsh should the punishment really be?

    I've seen people piss on other people's cars. I've seen them piss on other people's furniture and in their houses (yes, drunk people). I've seen people piss on other people from on top of buildings. I've seen people piss on all sorts of things (non-sexual) in a desperate show of machismo. All are lewd. All should be punished in some way.

    But, I think if someone was trying to kill me and got killed instead, I might be tempted to "piss on their grave", too. and, we train these boys to use their adrenaline and testosterone to the max. Using a young man's life for political grandstanding is bad. Our leaders should publicly apologize. And, the country should decry the misconduct. And, the boys should be "adequately" punished. But, their lives should not be permanently ruined over this.
    Are people claiming the bolded part?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #803
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Are people claiming the bolded part?
    Yes, actually we all are.

    Kill them? No problem.
    Piss on 'em after? OMFG!!

    Have to admit it makes me stop and think...
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  4. #804
    Whoa, daddy!
    MadLib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,225

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    If these were real Taliban, I'm not upset that they got pissed on. Bill Maher said just this the other day: if you don't believe in an afterlife than a dead body is just that. And if the corpses were those of people who burn down girls' schools and stone women who don't wear burqas, then I have no qualms about our soldiers pissing on their corpses.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Hah. If someone put me in their sig, I'd never know. I have sigs off.

  5. #805
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Yes, actually we all are.

    Kill them? No problem.
    Piss on 'em after? OMFG!!

    Have to admit it makes me stop and think...
    You are thinking of it in an emotional manner instead of logically. What they did wrong was act unprofessionally and created bad publicity. Both are very big nono's. Now, I am sure you can show me, since you claim people are amking that comparison, where exactly they are. Quoting should not be hard to do. Not that I would distrust your interpretation of what other people are saying or anything...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #806
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    It seem any excuse is being sought for these scum. The "bad apples" lie will be next. It's the norm, these dullards were just too stupid or uncaring to consider the consequences of posting their triumphant victory on Youtube. Were the dead children really terrorists, or just fragged for fun like last years obscenity?
    So are you speaking from actual combat experience, or merely Monday morning quarterbacking?

  7. #807
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You are thinking of it in an emotional manner instead of logically. What they did wrong was act unprofessionally and created bad publicity. Both are very big nono's. Now, I am sure you can show me, since you claim people are amking that comparison, where exactly they are. Quoting should not be hard to do. Not that I would distrust your interpretation of what other people are saying or anything...
    Oh, come on. The fact is no one on this post has complained about them killing them. No one's said, as you just did, "Very big no-no." No one has called killing them atrocious or deplorable or wrong or (pick-your-adjective). Greenville is correct. The only problem we seem to have is their actions afterwards. If that doesn't make one stop and think how we value lives in war, well...
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  8. #808
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Oh, come on. The fact is no one on this post has complained about them killing them. No one's said, as you just did, "Very big no-no." No one has called killing them atrocious or deplorable or wrong or (pick-your-adjective). Greenville is correct. The only problem we seem to have is their actions afterwards. If that doesn't make one stop and think how we value lives in war, well...
    Killing them was part of their job. Pissing on them was not. In fact, pissing on them was something that they are not supposed to do. Care to try again?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #809
    Educator Dpetty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-05-17 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    967

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You are thinking of it in an emotional manner instead of logically. What they did wrong was act unprofessionally and created bad publicity. Both are very big nono's. Now, I am sure you can show me, since you claim people are amking that comparison, where exactly they are. Quoting should not be hard to do. Not that I would distrust your interpretation of what other people are saying or anything...
    I for one, am making the same comparison. I dont really care about the popularity campaign America is running, so if this did some damage to it, tough. There is a lot more going on in the world than PR. Blowing this thing so far out of proportion has done far more damage to the image of America than the initial act ever could.

  10. #810
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Dpetty View Post
    I for one, am making the same comparison. I dont really care about the popularity campaign America is running, so if this did some damage to it, tough. There is a lot more going on in the world than PR. Blowing this thing so far out of proportion has done far more damage to the image of America than the initial act ever could.
    It's a stupid comparison. In fighting with those designated as enemy, our soldiers are doing their job. Pissing on the dead bodies, not so much. Expecting our soldiers to act professionally is not blowing things out of proportion. It is something we have expected for quite some time.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •