Page 68 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 1533

Thread: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

  1. #671
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I would give them 60/60 + RiR. 60 days of half pay, 60 days extra duty, reduction in rank. You don't do stupid **** like this, and when you get caught, you get your dick slammed in the dirt.
    That's about right - problem is these guys are going to be cruicified not only by the Marines, but by the media and everyone else. People forget these are adrenaline pumped kids for the most part... kids do stupid **** - the stupidest being they recorded it. All time dumb.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #672
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,767
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    I haven’t looked through the 67 pages but my take is, until you have been trained to the level that US Marines and other nation’s combat troops, it is very difficult to judge their actions. For a soldier to be able to carry out the 'kill' he has to be so desensitized towards his enemy to such an extent that they are seen, as not even being human. The alternative would be a considerable amount of soldiers not carrying out their job. This is not something I expect many to really understand.

    Paul


    Exactly......
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #673
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Marines urinated on some dead Taliban.Can't say I am outraged. If I was standing over some dead terrorist I would be probably do a lot worse than piss on them. People find the stupidest things to be outraged about.

    Whiney lib says "Oh no my pussy hurt because some marines pissed on a dead terrorist, oh the humanity! They were so nice to their prisoners and treated their captives with the utmost respect.Now they will resort to cutting off their captives heads and planting road side bombs"
    Such silliness. Fine, you have no human instincts or decency. OK. Will I lose sleep over this? No. Do I think any terrible thing anyone has doen is OK? Again, NO. But it says something about a human being who thinks this is an approproiate response. Or who would not only do such silliness, but try to explain it away by saying someone else is either worse or a pussy to be a bit saddened by this.

    Anyway, carry on. As it there is no human behavior we should ever be shocked or distrubed by, . . . I mean . . . if someone on our side does it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #674
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-16 @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Meh....

    Personally, think Colonel West nailed the response to this "scandal." The punishment is proportional.

    “The Marines were wrong. Give them a maximum punishment under field grade level Article 15 (non-judicial punishment), place a General Officer level letter of reprimand in their personnel file, and have them in full dress uniform stand before their Battalion, each personally apologize to God, Country, and Corps videotaped and conclude by singing the full US Marine Corps Hymn without a teleprompter.

    “As for everyone else, unless you have been shot at by the Taliban, shut your mouth, war is hell.”
    Think only think I would add if I were these guys' boss, if you're gonna do stupid sh!t like that, don't video tape it and put on the net! Dumbasses.

  5. #675
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,078

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Such silliness. Fine, you have no human instincts or decency. OK. Will I lose sleep over this? No. Do I think any terrible thing anyone has doen is OK? Again, NO. But it says something about a human being who thinks this is an approproiate response. Or who would not only do such silliness, but try to explain it away by saying someone else is either worse or a pussy to be a bit saddened by this.

    Anyway, carry on. As it there is no human behavior we should ever be shocked or distrubed by, . . . I mean . . . if someone on our side does it.
    I never said it was an appropriate response. I just said it was no big deal.If I was in their shoes I probably would have done a lot worse than piss on them. People need to quit getting their pussies hurt because of what some marines in a war zone did to some DEAD terrorists. This kind of **** doesn't warrant media attention.Its just a bunch of cry baby pussy girly men whining over nothing and trying to find something to be offended about.So what if some dead terrorists got peed on. IF the marines were harvesting some organs or pulling out the finger nails of terrorist that are alive then that would be a big deal.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  6. #676
    Educator Dogger807's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    979
    I have found enough things in this world to be outraged over. This is petty and doesn't make the list.
    Ignorance is the refuge of faith
    It's become very apparent that there is nothing respectable about faith
    "If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people"

  7. #677
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I never said it was an appropriate response. I just said it was no big deal.If I was in their shoes I probably would have done a lot worse than piss on them. People need to quit getting their pussies hurt because of what some marines in a war zone did to some DEAD terrorists. This kind of **** doesn't warrant media attention.Its just a bunch of cry baby pussy girly men whining over nothing and trying to find something to be offended about.So what if some dead terrorists got peed on. IF the marines were harvesting some organs or pulling out the finger nails of terrorist that are alive then that would be a big deal.
    Not sure how much it does or doesn't merit. But I wouldn't spend any time trying to excuse them. Nor would I excuse you. Not only is it childish, not becoming of mature human beings, or any human beings for that matter, it does shed a poor light on them. In today's world, that is something they have to keep in mind, whether any of us like it or not.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #678
    Professor
    Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-29-13 @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,179

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Korimir View Post
    This is disgusting, and there should be appropriate disciplinary action. I can't imagine that there's anyone out there who has anything else to say on the matter.
    Do you have any idea what these f#cks do to the bodies of our boys?

    What is disgusting is your rush to judgment about something of which you have no understanding.
    It's like you're dreaming of Gorgonzola when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

  9. #679
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I'll meet you half way, filming it was a ridiculously stupid decision. And I hope they weren't so stupid as to post it themselves to Youtube. And I agree a victory is a worthy event to celebrate, although how you do it is critical.

    Now yes as an officer I'm often shielded from the perspective of that man on the absolute front line, sending lead, receiving lead, taking the fight to the enemy and engaging him in close combat. I do try as I can to get myself out there as much as I can, I'm obviously not in Afghanistan and there's no lead being slung in Korea so I can't claim combat experience. However I do try to involve myself in the daily lives of the Soldiers within my Platoon, not because I'm a micro-manger but because I want to know what's going on. Out here in Korea I personally lead missions, again its not the same as combat at all, but I do have an understanding of the frustrations my Soldiers go through while on mission. I'm part of a truck company so our missions always involve driving, out here on Korean roads I'm sure you remember is completely insane and trying to maneuver a massive truck makes it all the worse. But since I'm out there they can talk to me about their frustrations with their equipment, the missions, whatever else, and I can understand and talk in the same language because I see it.

    Now I brought all that up not because I'm saying I know what the stresses of combat are like because I lead convoys in Korea, I brought it up to acknowledge your point that officers are often detached and truly don't understand their Soldiers and let you know I do what I can about it.

    However, just because I understand their frustrations doesn't mean I have to accept their wrongful actions that may come from them. If I saw a group of my Soldiers pissing on some Taliban, and it was only me, I'd immediately put a stop to it. Not only for all the reasons I mentioned about what happens if it gets out, but because something is wrong and it needs to be corrected. I would see it as a sign that the stresses and horrors of this place have seriously gotten to these Soldiers and they need help and its my job to make sure they get it. Chaplain, psychological help, something has to be done because its not normal behavior to do something like this.

    I know the military, given personnel and mission needs, have sometimes turned a blind eye towards Soldier stress or trauma. I could see myself telling my CO, these guys need to be taken off for a few days(although not saying exactly what they did) and having it shot down because we really need the people. And if that was the case they'd have my special attention along with their NCO, who would know about it and I'd expect an extra cautious eye on them too.

    And why do I do it? Not only for the mission, I've made that clear. I also would do it for the Soldiers themselves they deserve to have someone watching their back when it comes to issues like this, and its important to brief your Soldiers or help them understand better what stress looks like in another way so they can watch their buddies. NCO involvement is obviously critical too. That is leadership responsibility, those men deserve someone to look after their mental well being just as much as their physical. Their buddies deserve to not work in an AO where something like that just happened, and now are facing even more pissed off Taliban. The Soldiers deserve to not have their lives ruined because of a single stupid incident. The Soldiers who sacrificed, whether their health, marriage, mental well being, or their lives deserve that mission to be accomplished so it was not in vain.

    All those reasons are why I have my opinion, and wouldn't tolerate this in the slightest. And if it did get out of my control and a video was posted to Youtube, what can I do besides follow the rules and regulations? At that point, its out of the PL's hand's there's nothing more I can do besides speak for their behalf, and if the investigators have the same opinion as I do about the role of leadership its probably my ass in deep **** too.
    as an officer it's your job to shut down stuff like that. but you should know that your diagnosis of the Marines involved is off - this is entirely normal behavior, well within the range of typical responses to the stresses of combat. It doesn't mean that they are psychiatric cases - it means that they are young.

  10. #680
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Incidentally, I've been through Korea a couple of times myself - where you at?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •