Page 34 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 1533

Thread: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

  1. #331
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's not self righteuous. It's a fact.

    And, that fact is, you have no idea how you behave in the same situation. Hell, you might crap in their mouths, for all you know.

    Please, save the, "oh no I wouldn't!", bull****, because you have no way of knowing how you would handle serving in battle.
    You are right, I do not know how I would behave in such a situation, but I am man enough to not make excuses for myself for behaving badly (or at least like to think so and I hope that if I am not, someone will pick up my slack). This is the difference.

    Saying "well, this was stressful and hard to do, so I did the wrong thing and was proud of it" is what a coward says.
    Last edited by tacomancer; 01-12-12 at 07:05 PM.

  2. #332
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,677

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Oh come on! This is funny! The people who are morally outraged here are those who are defending a soldier's right to piss on a Taliban corpse. They are outraged by what they percieve as outrage about this stunt. That is hilarious! To be outraged by outrage that may or may not exist. I mean...seriously...how could anyone dare question anything or show any degree of disapproval of what a soldier is doing?
    Question it. feel free. Just remember where you are doing it from.

  3. #333
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,421

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    You are right, I do not know how I would behave in such a situation, but I am man enough to not make excuses for myself for behaving badly (or at least like to think so and I hope that if I am not, someone will pick up my slack). This is the difference.

    Saying "well, this was stressful and hard to do, so I did the wrong thing and was proud of it" is what a coward says.
    Of, so it's ok to blow their heads off with heavy weapons, but don't dare piss on them. That would be bad!!!!

    Do you know how silly that sounds?

    A real man would at least be consistant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #334
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's not self righteuous. It's a fact.

    And, that fact is, you have no idea how you behave in the same situation. Hell, you might crap in their mouths, for all you know.

    Please, save the, "oh no I wouldn't!", bull****, because you have no way of knowing how you would handle serving in battle.
    Meh, I feel pretty confident that I would do things in war that I wouldn't normally do. And you're right, I might crap in their mouths. I doubt it, but it's certainly possible given the mental stress that can happen. That doesn't change the fact that I think the actions described on the OP are stupid and disgusting.

  5. #335
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    All these arguments about how the Taliban and Al-Qaeda have done worse to Americans and their own people is a bunch of bull****. The enemy does not define our morality, nor our standards. Being on the righteous side of war means exactly that, we are better than all the time, not some of the time, not most of the time, all the time and that is the standard. That is the quality of Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine that this nation deserves and by God the people should demand. Being right doesn't mean not committing a heinous act, then all is fair game, it means NEVER committing them. It means being that medic who will save the life of a Taliban fighter taken prisoner just after he killed the medic's buddy. That is the kind of quality and righteousness needed and should be demanded of the military. It's that attitude of respecting your enemy even when he does not respect you, for the simple reason that he's another human being and you are better than that, you have a high standard of action.

    How can we claim to be the good guys when stuff like this is done? Certainly in the grand scheme of things we've done less horrible acts than our enemies, but that's not good enough, we won't be the "lesser evil" and call it good enough, we should always strive to be completely free of these kinds of acts. Of course it will be impossible, of course mistakes will be made, Soldiers will act in ways they should not, of course there will be situations where someone has to die in a horrible and it will be unavoidable, but that doesn't mean we should give up on that standard.

    The Uniformed Code of Justice, Article 134 reads as follows:
    "Though not specifically mentioned in this chapter, all disorders and neglects to the prejudice of good order and discipline in the armed forces, all conduct of a nature to bring discredit upon the armed forces, and crimes and offenses not capital, of which persons subject to this chapter may be guilty, shall be taken cognizance of by a general, special, or summary court-martial, according to the nature and degree of the offense, and shall be punished at the discretion of that court.”
    Quite clearly this action on the part of these Marines brings discredit upon the armed forces, it is a clear violation of our standards and discipline.

  6. #336
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What unit did you serve in?
    Ohh so if you serve int he military you have the sudden urge to piss on dead corpses?
    Gotcha...


    So its a question now, if i served or not is it?


  7. #337
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,421

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Meh, I feel pretty confident that I would do things in war that I wouldn't normally do. And you're right, I might crap in their mouths. I doubt it, but it's certainly possible given the mental stress that can happen. That doesn't change the fact that I think the actions described on the OP are stupid and disgusting.
    You have no way of knowing. That's the whole point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #338
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Ohh so if you serve int he military you have the sudden urge to piss on dead corpses?
    Gotcha...
    It's certainly more difficlut to understand the mind set and the emotions that go through a soldier if you were never one yourself. And yes... the urge to piss on dead corpses. Now FILMING the act... not to bright.


    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    So its a question now, if i served or not is it?
    Well did you?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #339
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You have no way of knowing. That's the whole point.
    Yeah, I know. Your argument amounts to "You have no way of knowing what you would do, so shut up and stop criticizing them!" That's a weak argument.

  10. #340
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    It's certainly more difficlut to understand the mind set and the emotions that go through a soldier if you were never one yourself. And yes... the urge to piss on dead corpses. Now FILMING the act... not to bright.
    So its only ok to pee on dead corpses if you served in the military?
    Im guessing why there is an investigation behind that.

    Yea i understand that i wasnt there but does that give them the right to pee on dead people? How is that possibly even close to ok? I thought American soldiers were different than that. But i guess sense they put on a uniform that just makes them exempt from anything?



    Well did you?
    No i did not. But does that not give me the right (a citizen of the US) to speak my mind on this subject?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •