Page 29 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 1533

Thread: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

  1. #281
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I ask out if genuine curiosity, SB. Why would that make you want to shoot them, yet when acts of terrorism occur, you're more interested in "understanding" it?
    The two aren't contradictory, nor are they mutually exclusive. Either way, I want to do defeat the enemy.

    So from a macro perspective, to formulate the best strategy to defeat the enemy, one must first understand one's enemy. For our policymakers and military leaders, this involves understanding his motivations, understanding how he draws supporters to his cause, and why he is able to do so, among other factors.

    On a micro/individual level, killing the enemy is one of the most effective ways for an individual to defeat his enemy, not to mention the purely emotional reaction one has to such an act as pissing on your dead fellow comrades.
    Last edited by StillBallin75; 01-12-12 at 03:30 PM.

  2. #282
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Ok, thanks for explaining. I have a more emotional response to terrorism than the thought of pissing on a corpse.

  3. #283
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post

    On a micro/individual level, killing the enemy is one of the most effective ways for an individual to defeat his enemy, not to mention the purely emotional reaction one has to such an act as pissing on your dead fellow comrades.
    ...or walking single file with your fellow American soldiers across the desert and suddenly one of them falls down dead. Yeah, snipers. One of your good friends just went bye-bye.

    Perhaps with their emotional feelings, these American soldiers who peed on the repulsive Taliban are justified.

  4. #284
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    ...or walking single file with your fellow American soldiers across the desert and suddenly one of them falls down dead. Yeah, snipers. One of your good friends just went bye-bye.

    Perhaps with their emotional feelings, these American soldiers who peed on the repulsive Taliban are justified.
    I agree with you about the emotional part. The feelings are understandable, and justified. The actions, on the other hand are understandable, but not justified under the Corps core values and code of honor.

    And uploading the vids onto YouTube is just stupid.
    Last edited by StillBallin75; 01-12-12 at 03:46 PM.

  5. #285
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,801

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    I've told this story more than once, others may have heard it. I once had a Marine recruiter say to me (a rough paraphrasing): "To civilians, the Marine Corps is like the beef patty in a Big Mac. Everyone loves to eat the Big Mac, nobody wants to see the cow slaughtered. Our job is thankless and your contributions for the most part will go unappreciated."

    There is one way to rectify this, in my opinion: national service.
    Exactly, SB. We don't know, but it could be that in AO they've had a real problem getting local support to identify Taliban. No one likes the Taliban but if you're living in a village and you can help the Americans you might be taking a big risk. So you say nothing. Marines may be in the village making it safe during the day, but the Taliban may rule the village at night. The villagers are in between both groups and they are afraid to get involved and to help either side. Who knows maybe intelligence has determined that the villages in the AO are being told by the Taliban that Marines are pussies and cannot be trusted, that Marines are afraid of the Taliban. That Marines won't fight like real men because they are afraid. (The real reason may well be that the Marines are being held back by stupid assed directives that come from the civilians in Washington. But in the village it may look as if the Taliban is correct about Marines being afraid of the Taliban.) Village leaders aren't looking for some pansy assed "standards of conduct" imposed on Marines by the clueless American public who have this notion of Americans fighting fair and being nice to everyone whenever they can. Perhaps what the village leaders need to see is ruthless and staggering violence by Marines with a good measure of disrespect added for effect. That could easily be the case or something like it.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  6. #286
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    ...or walking single file with your fellow American soldiers across the desert and suddenly one of them falls down dead. Yeah, snipers. One of your good friends just went bye-bye.

    Perhaps with their emotional feelings, these American soldiers who peed on the repulsive Taliban are justified.
    Being open about being gay = not justified.

    Pissing on corpses = justified.

    You conservative people are funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  7. #287
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Exactly, SB. We don't know, but it could be that in AO they've had a real problem getting local support to identify Taliban. No one likes the Taliban but if you're living in a village and you can help the Americans you might be taking a big risk. So you say nothing. Marines may be in the village making it safe during the day, but the Taliban may rule the village at night. The villagers are in between both groups and they are afraid to get involved and to help either side. Who knows maybe intelligence has determined that the villages in the AO are being told by the Taliban that Marines are pussies and cannot be trusted, that Marines are afraid of the Taliban. That Marines won't fight like real men because they are afraid. (The real reason may well be that the Marines are being held back by stupid assed directives that come from the civilians in Washington. But in the village it may look as if the Taliban is correct about Marines being afraid of the Taliban.) Village leaders aren't looking for some pansy assed "standards of conduct" imposed on Marines by the clueless American public who have this notion of Americans fighting fair and being nice to everyone whenever they can. Perhaps what the village leaders need to see is ruthless and staggering violence by Marines with a good measure of disrespect added for effect. That could easily be the case or something like it.
    I would be entirely okay with this way of warfighting if:

    1) It is indeed effective and

    2) politics and public opinion were on board with it.

    The thing is, every effective military strategy has to take politics into account. If one is unable to develop an effective strategy in this manner, then perhaps the need to go to war itself needs to be re-evaluated, in my opinion. We've seen the consequences of what happens when policymakers seem to think that they can unleash the military to do God-knows-what and expect the public to just go along with it and not hold the executive accountable. There's two sides to every coin, and whether military/political leaders like it or not, you cannot go to war without taking into account the role public opinion will play in the range of your policy options.
    Last edited by StillBallin75; 01-12-12 at 04:03 PM.

  8. #288
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    1. Peeing on dead people accomplishes nothing useful and only serves for emotional satisfaction. Soldiers should be professionals and not act like this.
    2. Its frickin stupid, because it can (and has been used for propaganda against US interests). Those soldiers just harmed the war effort with their child like behaviors.

    I hope they are tried because of the harm they caused against the thing they were supposed to be fighting for.

  9. #289
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,801

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    1. Peeing on dead people accomplishes nothing useful and only serves for emotional satisfaction. Soldiers should be professionals and not act like this.
    2. Its frickin stupid, because it can (and has been used for propaganda against US interests). Those soldiers just harmed the war effort with their child like behaviors.

    I hope they are tried because of the harm they caused against the thing they were supposed to be fighting for.
    Caused harm? How much? To whom? The big question is what specifically is the mission in Afghanistan? What are they fighting for?










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  10. #290
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    See more and video @: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan (GRAPHIC VIDEO)Well this certainly will not help our cause. These soldiers need to be brought to justice ASAP. This makes my stomach just numb...

    Thoughts?
    Comments?
    Response?
    They should be drummed out of the service in shame, if not brought up on criminal charges.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •