Page 22 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 1533

Thread: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

  1. #211
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    They [not all] care in that the TALIBAN is being disrespected. If they DIDN'T care, then why make this an issue, and why do there seem to be more outraged liberal than conservatives on this issue?
    It's not that I care that the Talican was being disrespected it was that our troops have a higher code of conduct and discipline that they adhere too.

  2. #212
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    NAZIs were humans too...

    A full 21 pages before this thread got Godwinned. I'm impressed.

  3. #213
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Yes, the Taliban should thank those Marines for increasing the poppy harvest next year. In fact, if they really cared about their countrymen, all members of the Taliban and Al Qaeda would line up in front of a M1A1 Abrams and aim their AK-47's at it. This would give the crew manning the Abrams positive id of a threat, resulting in clearance for them to mow them all down. Then, we could sell the ground they fall on to the Afghan farmer with the highest bid, give them the wheat to grow on it, and come home.
    On the farm we called that a "manure spreader", same basic function. Stunk like hell but the plants sure like the nitrogen boost.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #214
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    It's a lifeless husk and decomposes as any other living thing does and it decomposes the exact same way as non-human flesh. No... it's definitely NOT human.
    No, it's definitely human. If decomposition makes something not human, then I suggest you present your theory to archaeologists so they can pack up their gear.

  5. #215
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    I will wait until the authenticity of the video is established before I condemn any soldier. That being said, if true, these soldiers will be punished and the the command itself will be under scrutiny as how something like this could occur.

  6. #216
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    No, it's definitely human. If decomposition makes something not human, then I suggest you present your theory to archaeologists so they can pack up their gear.
    I didn't say that decomposition makes something not human... What makes a person human is their brain, their human brain and consciousness. Dead bodies don't have that any longer - hence, rotting meat.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #217
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Personally, I'm sick to death of the argument that we should give a flying flip what people who hate us anyway will think of what we do. Better not oppose the GZ mosque or burn the Quran or it'll make people mad. **** that. It, honestly, strikes me as a way to disguise concern or sympathy for jihadists by pretending concern for how it impacts our military. I could be wrong about that.
    People who "hate us anyway"? Those people might be numerous, but the vast majority of them don't really care to do anything about it. However, for the people who do care to actually take up arms and fight against us, it's episodes like these that help them to enlarge their numbers. If you don't think that this will be used as propaganda for the Taliban to draw more supporters to their cause, well I disagree.

  8. #218
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    The terrorists were from Saudi Arabia, not Afghanistan.
    Alright. The Taliban is still guilty of heinousness and terrorism.

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    1. In the big picture, I would agree that we are 'better'. However, in this specific instance, these specific Marines did something gratuitous and arrogant that the Taliban would do. Consequently, in this specific moment, no they aren't better.

    2. Yep.

    3. I already see it through your perspective. Not only that, I agreed with it. And as for other points of view, I already explained them in the first part of my response.

    4. This part of your post is BS.
    1. They may not be better, but I certainly am not outraged by it. Sure, it's not nice to pee on a dead body, but the scales are tipped quite a bit when that person is part of a murderous organization, whether Taliban or NAZI. I have no sympathy for these murderers and I find them to be justified.

    4. How so? I'm not here to insult liberals. I will say that I see that more liberals than conservatives are outraged over this instance. ...or would you have me believe it is mainly the liberals who have no outrage at all for this instance?


    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    It's not that I care that the Talican was being disrespected it was that our troops have a higher code of conduct and discipline that they adhere too.
    And I can understand that, but knowing how heinous the TALIBAN are, I have no outrage, unlike others here.
    Last edited by Wake; 01-12-12 at 02:07 PM.

  9. #219
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    A full 21 pages before this thread got Godwinned. I'm impressed.
    Doesn't mean it isn't true.

    >TDS: "OH, the TALIBAN were people TOO..."
    >>Me: "Yeah, so were the NAZIs yet I doubt people here would be as outraged."

  10. #220
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    However, for the people who do care to actually take up arms and fight against us, it's episodes like these that help them to enlarge their numbers. If you don't think that this will be used as propaganda for the Taliban to draw more supporters to their cause, well I disagree.
    But if it's not this, they'll use something else as propaganda. It's not like the Taliban are hurting for things to use for propaganda to enlarge their numbers.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •