Page 143 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1533

Thread: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

  1. #1421
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Maybe true... We inadvertently kill innocent people that drive by road side checks or are in the same apartment buildings as the terrorists hiding in them while the terrorists purposely walk into a market and blow up innocent people. Hooray for your disloyalty!!

    I don't consider my expectation for our side to hold ourselves to the same moral standard we hold others, to be disloyal, but that's just me.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #1422
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,891

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I don't consider my expectation for our side to hold ourselves to the same moral standard we hold others, to be disloyal, but that's just me.
    Nor do I and that is why we punish those responsible for wrong doings on our side and I see how you yet again side step a check to your argument. Additionally, we hold ourselves to a MUCH HIGHER standard than we do the terrorists. Failure to admit that will simply be the final nail in how I view you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #1423
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Nor do I and that is why we punish those responsible for wrong doings on our side and I see how you yet again side step a check to your argument. Additionally, we hold ourselves to a MUCH HIGHER standard than we do the terrorists. Failure to admit that will simply be the final nail in how I view you.
    Well I am just devastated i tell you!

    We have killed more innocent people than have the terrorists, I don't condone the unnecessary killing of civilians by anyone, regardless of the flag they fly.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #1424
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Well I am just devastated i tell you!

    We have killed more innocent people than have the terrorists, I don't condone the unnecessary killing of civilians by anyone, regardless of the flag they fly.
    Which terrorists? All terrorists? What is your definition of "innocent"?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #1425
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Which terrorists? All terrorists? What is your definition of "innocent"?
    Non-combatant civilians is my definition of innocents in this context.


    How many American civilians have the extremists killed? Now compare that to the number of civilians we have killed in various countries in modern history?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #1426
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Non-combatant civilians is my definition of innocents in this context.
    A non-combatant civilian doesn't = innocent. Glad you revised that.


    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    How many American civilians have the extremists killed? Now compare that to the number of civilians we have killed in various countries in modern history?
    I asked you --- you claimed you knew the U.S. killed more "innocents" than terrorist so you must be keeping count.... you need to answer the question. What's the count?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #1427
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    A non-combatant civilian doesn't = innocent. Glad you revised that.


    I asked you --- you claimed you knew the U.S. killed more "innocents" than terrorist so you must be keeping count.... you need to answer the question. What's the count?
    In Vietnam, there were no killings of American citizens and we killed hundreds of thousands of Vietnam civilians. Same with our war against Iraq.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #1428
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    In Vietnam, there were no killings of American citizens and we killed hundreds of thousands of Vietnam civilians. Same with our war against Iraq.
    What's the count?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #1429
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    What's the count?
    Vietnam - "Overall figures for North Vietnamese civilian dead range from 50,000[1] to 2,000,000.[27]"
    Vietnam War casualties - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Americans civilians killed by Vietnamese before we invaded - 0


    Iraq - from the most conservative civilian numbers - "66,081 civilian deaths"
    Casualties of the Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    American civilians killed by Iraqis before we invaded - 0
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #1430
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,891

    Re: U.S. Marines Urinate On Dead Bodies In Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    In Vietnam, there were no killings of American citizens and we killed hundreds of thousands of Vietnam civilians. Same with our war against Iraq.
    So now it is "modern history"? So you can expand what killing is more and more until you "win", eh? How many Vietnamese were Muslims? The debate is about Muslims and Americans fighting and killing in the current Middle East wars. Stay on topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •