Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 159

Thread: Democrat NLRB ‘recess’ appointments rushed, don’t appear on White House nominee list

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Democrat NLRB ‘recess’ appointments rushed, don’t appear on White House nominee l

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    OMG!



    Obama borke the law. It's time for him to face impeachment.
    The Senate wasn't in session.
    Last edited by Thunder; 01-06-12 at 10:18 PM.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Democrat NLRB ‘recess’ appointments rushed, don’t appear on White House nominee l

    Neither the House nor the Senate were in session on January 4th. Therefore, the recess appointment was legal.

  3. #43
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Democrat NLRB ‘recess’ appointments rushed, don’t appear on White House nominee l

    Perhaps Mr. Deuce could find a less biased source? Surely it would be hard to find a more biased one. Even the WSJ concedes that several Republicans had promised to block ANY NLRB nominations in protest of the Boeing case (despite the fact that it resulted in no action being taken). In other words, this is the same old Republican game: we're going to block you no matter who you present, but we still insist that you go through the motions so we can ignore your choices.

    The Journal also notes that one of the appointees is a REPUBLICAN who was nominated over a year ago.

    Obama’s NLRB Appointments: Why the Rush? - Washington Wire - WSJ

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Democrat NLRB ‘recess’ appointments rushed, don’t appear on White House nominee l

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Perhaps Mr. Deuce could find a less biased source? Surely it would be hard to find a more biased one. Even the WSJ concedes that several Republicans had promised to block ANY NLRB nominations in protest of the Boeing case (despite the fact that it resulted in no action being taken). In other words, this is the same old Republican game: we're going to block you no matter who you present, but we still insist that you go through the motions so we can ignore your choices.

    The Journal also notes that one of the appointees is a REPUBLICAN who was nominated over a year ago.

    Obama’s NLRB Appointments: Why the Rush? - Washington Wire - WSJ
    The original article that I linked had all that info. If you would care to point out an inaccurate or biased quote, then we'd all be interested.

    But if all you have is nonsense to sling, without any facts, why do you bother ?

  5. #45
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Democrat NLRB ‘recess’ appointments rushed, don’t appear on White House nominee l

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    The original article that I linked had all that info. If you would care to point out an inaccurate or biased quote, then we'd all be interested.

    But if all you have is nonsense to sling, without any facts, why do you bother ?
    My bad, I looked at the second link you posted.

    Perhaps you could address the substantive point, which is that Republicans had no intention of approving any appointee, including the Republican appointee, because -- once again -- they were abusing the process to protest an agency?

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Democrat NLRB ‘recess’ appointments rushed, don’t appear on White House nominee l

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    My bad, I looked at the second link you posted.

    Perhaps you could address the substantive point, which is that Republicans had no intention of approving any appointee, including the Republican appointee, because -- once again -- they were abusing the process to protest an agency?
    So you have a crystal ball now ? So the President can just bypass "advise and consent" because he expects the Senate not to consent, so screw it ?

    I am genuinely curious. You are clearly liberal. And I assume American. Which are you first ? I am serious as a heart attack in asking, and you know exactly what I am talking about.

  7. #47
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Democrat NLRB ‘recess’ appointments rushed, don’t appear on White House nominee l

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    So you have a crystal ball now ? So the President can just bypass "advise and consent" because he expects the Senate not to consent, so screw it ?

    I am genuinely curious. You are clearly liberal. And I assume American. Which are you first ? I am serious as a heart attack in asking, and you know exactly what I am talking about.
    The President can make use of recess appointments when it is crystal clear that the advice and consent process has been hijacked -- absolutely.

    I'll pass on the idiotic patriotism slur. Perhaps you should switch to water?

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Democrat NLRB ‘recess’ appointments rushed, don’t appear on White House nominee l

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    The President can make use of recess appointments when it is crystal clear that the advice and consent process has been hijacked -- absolutely.

    I'll pass on the idiotic patriotism slur. Perhaps you should switch to water?
    I got my answer. Actually, a confirmation of what I already knew.

    Look at your own homophobe comment with regard to slurs in the other thread there stone-thrower. You are too easily pwned.

  9. #49
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Democrat NLRB ‘recess’ appointments rushed, don’t appear on White House nominee l

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    I got my answer. Actually, a confirmation of what I already knew.

    Look at your own homophobe comment with regard to slurs in the other thread there stone-thrower. You are too easily pwned.
    I suspect that when you resort to childish name calling you've already been "pwned", whatever the **** that means.

  10. #50
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: Democrat NLRB ‘recess’ appointments rushed, don’t appear on White House nominee l

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    The Senate wasn't in session.
    I reckon you can prove that the House gave the Senate permission to go into recess? I look forward to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •