Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 96

Thread: Kelly Clarkson Loses Twitter Followers After Endorsing Ron Paul

  1. #41
    Advisor GreenvilleGrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    My version of reality
    Last Seen
    10-05-12 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    566

    Re: Kelly Clarkson Loses Twitter Followers After Endorsing Ron Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Who gives a ****...Jesus Christ. Kelly Clarkson is a wonderful singer and she produces great music. Same with the Dixie Chicks. People need to stop caring so much about what celebrities say or believe politically. It's not like any of them are political scientists or policy experts.

    People in this country take celebrity **** too seriously.
    Agreed. Although, while I'd discourage anyone from giving any consideration to a celebrity's political opinion, I think Kelly's tweet is much less egregious than the Dixie Chicks issue. Kelly's announcing that she takes part in the political process - the Chicks were dissing the leader of their country publicly to an all foreign audience.

    I can't say that I've ever cared about any celebrity enough to follow them on Twitter or Facebook or anything (except casually, the news). But, it really bugs me when actors/directors shove their political views at me in their movies/shows. Once I see it happening (assuming I disagree with their opinion) it's hard for me to like them for long. Tim Robbins was one of those - used to like him (as an actor), got fed up with his point of view - no longer watch his movies - no desire. I'm sure he doesn't need me though - he probably picks up liberal fans by the bucketful.
    The US is an odd ship. The captain yells out when he sees obtacles , but 535 individual propellers do the steering.

  2. #42
    Professor
    Luna Tick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,148

    Re: Kelly Clarkson Loses Twitter Followers After Endorsing Ron Paul

    Kelly Clarkson's opinion is highly relevant and valuable if it's an opinion about music. She's a professional singer. Her opinion of politics is not any more important than that of the guy at the local drug store.

    That said, I think it was silly for people to attack her for her views.

  3. #43
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,702

    Re: Kelly Clarkson Loses Twitter Followers After Endorsing Ron Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Well....if you wanna know the truth....it definitely made me less of a fan.
    You were a fan?

    *chuckles*

    Ah, American Idol.....gag
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  4. #44
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Kelly Clarkson Loses Twitter Followers After Endorsing Ron Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Well....if you wanna know the truth....it definitely made me less of a fan.
    Why would you even care? 50 Cent said he'd vote for George W Bush if he hadn't been a felon. I was a fan until his third album came out.

  5. #45
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,057

    Re: Kelly Clarkson Loses Twitter Followers After Endorsing Ron Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Whoever stops becoming a fan of a musician they like because of their political views is an idiot.
    How is that any different than not wearing a certain brand of clothing because you disagree with them putting 7 year old kids to work? No. I think people who'll support somebody because of a certain aesthetic and have little regard for who that person actually is on the inside are the true idiots.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #46
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,782

    Re: Kelly Clarkson Loses Twitter Followers After Endorsing Ron Paul

    Or maybe people just dont care to hear political opinions of any sort coming from music stars. People often like to relax and follow things like that as a release from day to day crapola, having one of them then place it right out front...well its a lot easier to stop following someoene than it is to choose which tweets to read.

  7. #47
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,227

    Re: Kelly Clarkson Loses Twitter Followers After Endorsing Ron Paul

    As with many other aspects of the polarised American political wasteland, this particular piece of partisan flummery is also available in the "Kelly's record sales have shot up since her statement" meme being pushed by the other pole.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  8. #48
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Kelly Clarkson Loses Twitter Followers After Endorsing Ron Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    How is that any different than not wearing a certain brand of clothing because you disagree with them putting 7 year old kids to work? No. I think people who'll support somebody because of a certain aesthetic and have little regard for who that person actually is on the inside are the true idiots.
    It's not about them as PEOPLE (to me) - it's about their entertainment value and whether or not they have any.

    Obviously she didn't have any because I didn't know who she was (and I even use to watch AI religiously - many years ago - slipped my mind completely)

    But this comes from someone who likes Type O Negative, Puscifer and worships Trent Reznor like a God. What a teeny bopper like Clarkson thinks is actually HARDLY offensive to me - everyone has a RIGHT to their own opinion of who they support and don't support politically. But even with my taste - I don't CARE about their political views at all - in fact: for some of my favorite entertainers: I don't even know what they are.

    I think it says more (Negatively) about those who judge her rather than she herself who supports a candidate because of SOME views she shares in common - she went against the liberal 'rich and famous' grain and people hate her? That's rather Unamerican if you ask me.

    A problem - HUGE problem in this country is that people care TOO much about entertainment icons and not enough about the people who will make the big difference in this country when they're elected into office.
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 01-02-12 at 10:57 AM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  9. #49
    User SandyinTex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Um...Texas
    Last Seen
    01-12-12 @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11

    Re: Kelly Clarkson Loses Twitter Followers After Endorsing Ron Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Kelly Clarkson Loses Twitter Followers After Endorsing Ron Paul

    Kelly Clarkson Loses Twitter Followers After Endorsing Ron Paul - Yahoo! News
    Wow. I did not know we didn't have freedom of politics in this country. Guess that only applies to religion. [cough]

  10. #50
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Kelly Clarkson Loses Twitter Followers After Endorsing Ron Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by SandyinTex View Post
    Wow. I did not know we didn't have freedom of politics in this country. Guess that only applies to religion. [cough]
    Of course we have freedom of politics. And we have the freedom to dislike someone else's politics. It's all about the freedom!

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •