Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 434

Thread: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

  1. #361
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,740

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Another little bonus for you.
    You do know she believed anybody regardless of economic class...beleifs...or race were entitled to clinical care. Yes she spoke to women in the KKK....just like she built clinics in black neighborhoods in a time period of rampant racism.
    “People of the same trade seldom meet together, even for merriment and diversion, but the conversation ends in a conspiracy against the public, or in some contrivance to raise prices.”
    *Adam Smith*

  2. #362
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,740

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Goldberg isn't wrong, just because you say so. It's up to you to prove it.
    No it's not...there's no reason for me to disprove something not proven.
    “People of the same trade seldom meet together, even for merriment and diversion, but the conversation ends in a conspiracy against the public, or in some contrivance to raise prices.”
    *Adam Smith*

  3. #363
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 03:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No sweat.

    Another little bonus for you.

    um...she says she doesn't want folks to think she wants to exterminate Negros.

    you have failed to prove your claim.

  4. #364
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,007

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    You do know she believed anybody regardless of economic class...beleifs...or race were entitled to clinical care. Yes she spoke to women in the KKK....just like she built clinics in black neighborhoods in a time period of rampant racism.
    Feel free to post something supporting that comment.

    I find it incredible and very telling that anyone is actually defending Margaret Sanger.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  5. #365
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:53 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    96,075

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    this from the wikipedia entry on Margaret Sanger

    Race


    W. E. B. Du Bois served on the board of Sanger's Harlem clinic.[81]
    Sanger believed that lighter-skinned races were superior to darker-skinned races, but would not tolerate bigotry among her staff, nor any refusal to work within interracial projects.[82] Although Sanger's views on race appear archaic from a modern viewpoint, her contemporaries in the African-American community supported her efforts. In 1929, James H. Hubert, a black social worker and leader of New York's Urban League, asked Sanger to open a clinic in Harlem.[83] Sanger secured funding from the Julius Rosenwald Fund and opened the clinic, staffed with African-American doctors, in 1930. The clinic was directed by a 15-member advisory board consisting of African-American doctors, nurses, clergy, journalists, and social workers. The clinic was publicized in the African-American press and African-American churches, and received the approval of W. E. B. Du Bois, founder of the NAACP.[84] Sanger's work with minorities earned praise from Martin Luther King, Jr., in his 1966 acceptance speech for the Margaret Sanger award.[85]
    From 1939 to 1942 Sanger was an honorary delegate of the Birth Control Federation of America, which included a supervisory role – alongside Mary Lasker and Clarence Gamble – in the Negro Project, an effort to deliver birth control to poor African Americans.[86] Sanger wanted the Negro Project to include black ministers in leadership roles, but other supervisors did not. To emphasize the benefits of involving black community leaders, she wrote to Gamble "we do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members." This quote has been used by numerous Sanger detractors, including Angela Davis and the pro-life movement, to support their claims that Sanger was racist.[87] However, according to New York University's Margaret Sanger Papers Project, Sanger, in writing that letter, "recognized that elements within the black community might mistakenly associate the Negro Project with racist sterilization campaigns in the Jim Crow South, unless clergy and other community leaders spread the word that the Project had a humanitarian aim."[88]
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #366
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,007

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    No it's not...there's no reason for me to disprove something not proven.
    Goldberg supported everything he said. The only way to disprove him, is to provide historical docs that do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  7. #367
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 03:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Feel free to post something supporting that comment.

    I find it incredible and very telling that anyone is actually defending Margaret Sanger.
    Honestly, I don't give a **** about Marge Sanger.

    She does not represent modern-day Liberalism or Liberals. She is a red-herring for Conservatives who have to go back 45 years to find someone to attack, rather than take on current Liberal-Progressive policies and current Liberal-Progressive leaders.

    its pathetic, dishonest, & shows the true ignorance of attacks against us.

  8. #368
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,007

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    this from the wikipedia entry on Margaret Sanger
    No matter how many times you repost what I've already posted, it doesn't change the fact that Margaret Sanger was trying to exterminate blacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  9. #369
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,007

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Honestly, I don't give a **** about Marge Sanger.

    She does not represent modern-day Liberalism or Liberals. She is a red-herring for Conservatives who have to go back 45 years to find someone to attack, rather than take on current Liberal-Progressive policies and current Liberal-Progressive leaders.

    its pathetic, dishonest, & shows the true ignorance of attacks against us.
    Victimization, now?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  10. #370
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 03:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No matter how many times you repost what I've already posted, it doesn't change the fact that Margaret Sanger was trying to exterminate blacks.
    so what.

    Jesus Christ believed in helping the poor and healing the sick, hence he was a Liberal.

Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •