Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 434

Thread: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

  1. #281
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post

    That sheriff and Alabama appear to be fighting back on behalf of us US citizens
    ...Despite the U.S. Constitution, and the 14th Amendment...

  2. #282
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:00 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,829

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The only thing that has been presented so far, is an oped. Now, I don't have any paper hanging on the wall, but I have enough research skills to know that an oped isn't a primary source document.

    You've failed to post a single link; only insult my intelligence.
    You have made it painfully obvious that no matter what evidence is presented you will not regard it as significant. Everyone here knows that. But lets indulge your 'intelligence' instead of insulting it as you claim.

    Party switching in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    There is a pretty extensive list of major political switches from one party to another. Anyone can take that list and quickly scan it and discover several obvious facts

    1- the number of politicians who jump from Democratic to Republican during the Civil Rights Era as well as the Southern Strategy era is significantly much higher than the number who jump from Republican to Democratic
    2- In the states which comprise the South - it is even more stark and significant
    3- Examining the list of politicians who do make the jump, it is obvious that Southern politicians dominate the list of Democratic defectors far far higher than politicians from any other geographic area of the nation
    4- there is an obvious statistical correlation between being a Southern white politician in the Democratic Party and their tendency to jump parties

    Now I would be glad to actually do the counting and present those numbers IF YOU WOULD ACCEPT THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE EVIDENCE. I will not waste my time doing this research and calculations for you to simply come back and pretty much tell us that "you did not present any quotes from each of those people saying I hate Blacks and that is why I switched." I suspect that is the extremely bar that you have set in your own mind and it is an extremely intellectually dishonest one.


    Party switching in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    If you take the Democrats who jumped to republican from the 1950's through the 200's, you get a total of 175 on the list. 127 of them are Southern. That is an astounding 72%. even if Southern politicians represent a good 25 to 30% of the nation, the actual number of switchers is well over twice that making it a hugely significant statistic. Now do the math the other way and discover that if a democratic politician was from some other area of the land - east, midwest, west - there was a tiny chance they would make the list compared to white southerners.
    Last edited by haymarket; 12-27-11 at 09:57 AM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #283
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    great, this old lie.
    It worked really well with black voters and it will work just as well with hispanics. The old saying of 'given them enough rope and they'll hang themselves' must have been written about the Republican Party.

  4. #284
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    it's just his way of stating the GOP is inherently racist....

    same old bull****, different day.
    It's a party that reformed itself with a racist message after the passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act. That's not bull****. That's historic fact. Of course, if you learn your history at Jefferson Davis Junior College, they may have missed that one.

  5. #285
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You must mean the war that illegal immigrants wage upon our national sovereignty and the sanctity of our borders as well as the millions upon millions of dollars us tax payers must fork over to apprehend, prosecute and jail all the illegals who have committed serious felony offenses against our fellow citizens

    That sheriff and Alabama appear to be fighting back on behalf of us US citizens
    Well, the Sheriff is likely to find himself in jail for corruption and Alabama is backtracking as fast as they can from their stupid law after some represetatives from foreign auto makers actively recruited to the state were 'detained'. NIce friendly place, Alabama. Why anybody would ever want to go there is a mystery to me, given their history.

  6. #286
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You have made it painfully obvious that no matter what evidence is presented you will not regard it as significant. Everyone here knows that. But lets indulge your 'intelligence' instead of insulting it as you claim.

    Party switching in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    There is a pretty extensive list of major political switches from one party to another. Anyone can take that list and quickly scan it and discover several obvious facts

    1- the number of politicians who jump from Democratic to Republican during the Civil Rights Era as well as the Southern Strategy era is significantly much higher than the number who jump from Republican to Democratic
    2- In the states which comprise the South - it is even more stark and significant
    3- Examining the list of politicians who do make the jump, it is obvious that Southern politicians dominate the list of Democratic defectors far far higher than politicians from any other geographic area of the nation
    4- there is an obvious statistical correlation between being a Southern white politician in the Democratic Party and their tendency to jump parties

    Now I would be glad to actually do the counting and present those numbers IF YOU WOULD ACCEPT THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE EVIDENCE. I will not waste my time doing this research and calculations for you to simply come back and pretty much tell us that "you did not present any quotes from each of those people saying I hate Blacks and that is why I switched." I suspect that is the extremely bar that you have set in your own mind and it is an extremely intellectually dishonest one.


    Party switching in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    If you take the Democrats who jumped to republican from the 1950's through the 200's, you get a total of 175 on the list. 127 of them are Southern. That is an astounding 72%. even if Southern politicians represent a good 25 to 30% of the nation, the actual number of switchers is well over twice that making it a hugely significant statistic. Now do the math the other way and discover that if a democratic politician was from some other area of the land - east, midwest, west - there was a tiny chance they would make the list compared to white southerners.
    magnificent post. too bad he will totally ignore it, and in a day or two claim that still no evidence has been presented.

  7. #287
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:00 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,829

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    magnificent post. too bad he will totally ignore it, and in a day or two claim that still no evidence has been presented.
    So you too have picked up on the pattern? Very good.

    When you look at how the South as a geographic area turned Republican at the exact same time as the Civil Rights Movement and then the implementation of the Southern strategy, it becomes a very strong correlation. Then when you look at the other areas of the nation where race was not the issue as it was in the South, they failed to experience any defection to the Republican Party in the same numbers as in the South. That is another strong correlation. Add in the electoral results from the elections in 1968, 1972, 1976, 1980 and 1984 and the transformation is complete. I would guess that if you could look at the voting records of white southerners as a bloc over that time, the percentages they turned out for Republicans were staggering compared to almost any other demographic group.

    I notice the apologists and deniers like to brag how the Republicans voted for a certain civil rights law in the Sixties in numbers higher than Democrats. That is true - as far as it goes. But for a Northern Republican, voting for civil rights was NOT an issue. For a Southern Democrat it was not only an issue but an issue of how to they survive locally when the national party is fast becoming hated by many of their white constituents? Once you remove them from the equation, northern and western dems supported the civil rights laws in even greater numbers. It is the Southern Democrats exclusively who provided the NO block on civil rights and it is those persons who left the party or retired or simply became badly out of step with the rest of the national party. Those nuances in the tale seem to be hard to grasp for some.
    Last edited by haymarket; 12-27-11 at 03:24 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #288
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So you too have picked up on the pattern? Very good.

    When you look at how the South as a geographic area turned Republican at the exact same time as the Civil Rights Movement and then the implementation of the Southern strategy, it becomes a very strong correlation. Then when you look at the other areas of the nation where race was not the issue as it was in the South, they failed to experience any defection to the Republican Party in the same numbers as in the South. That is another strong correlation. Add in the electoral results from the elections in 1968, 1972, 1976, 1980 and 1984 and the transformation is complete. I would guess that if you could look at the voting records of white southerners as a bloc over that time, the percentages they turned out for Republicans were staggering compared to almost any other demographic group.

    I notice the apologists and deniers like to brag how the Republicans voted for a certain civil rights law in the Sixties in numbers higher than Democrats. That is true - as far as it goes. But for a Northern Republican, voting for civil rights was NOT an issue. For a Southern Democrat it was not only an issue but an issue of how to they survive locally when the national party is fast becoming hated by many of their white constituents? Once you remove them from the equation, northern and western dems supported the civil rights laws in even greater numbers. It is the Southern Democrats exclusively who provided the NO block on civil rights and it is those persons who left the party or retired or simply became badly out of step with the rest of the national party. Those nuances in the tale seem to be hard to grasp for some.
    I believe it is Johnson who said "the Democrats have lost the South for a generation", after he signed the Civil Rights Act. And he was right.

    these facts, are known well to most of us. unfortunately, we have a self-proclaimed historian amoungst us who is actually a very poor student of history.

  9. #289
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,417

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You have made it painfully obvious that no matter what evidence is presented you will not regard it as significant. Everyone here knows that. But lets indulge your 'intelligence' instead of insulting it as you claim.

    Party switching in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    There is a pretty extensive list of major political switches from one party to another. Anyone can take that list and quickly scan it and discover several obvious facts

    1- the number of politicians who jump from Democratic to Republican during the Civil Rights Era as well as the Southern Strategy era is significantly much higher than the number who jump from Republican to Democratic
    2- In the states which comprise the South - it is even more stark and significant
    3- Examining the list of politicians who do make the jump, it is obvious that Southern politicians dominate the list of Democratic defectors far far higher than politicians from any other geographic area of the nation
    4- there is an obvious statistical correlation between being a Southern white politician in the Democratic Party and their tendency to jump parties

    Now I would be glad to actually do the counting and present those numbers IF YOU WOULD ACCEPT THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE EVIDENCE. I will not waste my time doing this research and calculations for you to simply come back and pretty much tell us that "you did not present any quotes from each of those people saying I hate Blacks and that is why I switched." I suspect that is the extremely bar that you have set in your own mind and it is an extremely intellectually dishonest one.


    Party switching in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    If you take the Democrats who jumped to republican from the 1950's through the 200's, you get a total of 175 on the list. 127 of them are Southern. That is an astounding 72%. even if Southern politicians represent a good 25 to 30% of the nation, the actual number of switchers is well over twice that making it a hugely significant statistic. Now do the math the other way and discover that if a democratic politician was from some other area of the land - east, midwest, west - there was a tiny chance they would make the list compared to white southerners.
    That doesn't prove that the Democrats that switched parties, post CRA did so for racist reasons.

    Keep trying, though, even a blind hog can find an acorn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #290
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,417

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I believe it is Johnson who said "the Democrats have lost the South for a generation", after he signed the Civil Rights Act. And he was right.

    these facts, are known well to most of us. unfortunately, we have a self-proclaimed historian amoungst us who is actually a very poor student of history.
    Perhaps he was referring to the fact that congressional Republicans voted in favor of the CRA in significantly larger percentages than Democrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •