Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 434

Thread: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

  1. #241
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Well, obviously, you don't know what primary source documentation is, because so far, you've only posted secondary cource documentation.

    HINT: Opeds aren't primary source docs.
    Wiggen was referring to the official statements from the seceding Southern states and the official reason they gave for their leaving the union. These were indeed the most primary of primary sources and you have openly dismissed them and their statements many times in threads in the past.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #242
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    not only do you refuse to read links provided for you, but you now deny they were ever posted.

    your dishonesty is sad...but expected.
    Your links only prove that there were Democrat congress critters that switched parties.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #243
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And, not single person has been able to post a single shread of proof. Go figger!!

    I already know you're not going to do anything productive, so I won't waste my time asking.
    Please be specific. What evidence of what exactly are you challenging to be presented?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #244
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Wiggen was referring to the official statements from the seceding Southern states and the official reason they gave for their leaving the union. These were indeed the most primary of primary sources and you have openly dismissed them and their statements many times in threads in the past.
    And, I provided several primary source docs that proved the average confederate soldier wasn't fighting just to preserve slavery, too.

    I'm not surprised that you still haven't figgered that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #245
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Please be specific. What evidence of what exactly are you challenging to be presented?
    That, "tons", of Democrats congress critters switched parties for racist reasons. Do try and keep pace with the rest of us, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #246
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And, I provided several primary source docs that proved the average confederate soldier wasn't fighting just to preserve slavery, too.

    I'm not surprised that you still haven't figgered that out.
    In college, if you major or minor in history, you take classes on research. What you learn to do is to evaluate sources of information from the historical record. For example: if the discussion is about the reasons for southern states to secede from the union, the best possible primary source would be the official statements from each of the states in which the responsible authorities explained their reasons for doing so. No statement from any soldier comes even close. No one thousand statements from soldiers comes close.

    Think of it this way: if you want to know why the Founders wrote the US Constitution, we have the official statement in their own words that all the signers gave their official okay to - its called the Preamble. Now somebody could go out and find individual statements from people at the time who might give their own personal opinion about why the Constitution was written BUT they would pale in significance and in importance to the Preamble of the US Constitution signed by the 55 delegates to the convention.

    When you apdst are repeatedly presented with the official statements from the Southern seceding governments in which they state the importance of slavery over and over again and you then fall back on soldiers letters or statements or census figures, you are making a serious mistake in evaluating sources that would get you failed in any introductory class on the methods of historical research.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #247
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That, "tons", of Democrats congress critters switched parties for racist reasons. Do try and keep pace with the rest of us, please.
    So lets all understand the proof you want here: you want statement after statement from Democrat after Democrat in the South who will stand up and say they are formally switching parties because they are racists and the republican party better presents a more comfortable home for their racist beliefs?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #248
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    In college, if you major or minor in history, you take classes on research. What you learn to do is to evaluate sources of information from the historical record. For example: if the discussion is about the reasons for southern states to secede from the union, the best possible primary source would be the official statements from each of the states in which the responsible authorities explained their reasons for doing so. No statement from any soldier comes even close. No one thousand statements from soldiers comes close.

    Think of it this way: if you want to know why the Founders wrote the US Constitution, we have the official statement in their own words that all the signers gave their official okay to - its called the Preamble. Now somebody could go out and find individual statements from people at the time who might give their own personal opinion about why the Constitution was written BUT they would pale in significance and in importance to the Preamble of the US Constitution signed by the 55 delegates to the convention.

    When you apdst are repeatedly presented with the official statements from the Southern seceding governments in which they state the importance of slavery over and over again and you then fall back on soldiers letters or statements or census figures, you are making a serious mistake in evaluating sources that would get you failed in any introductory class on the methods of historical research.
    Three paragraphs and still no link?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #249
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So lets all understand the proof you want here: you want statement after statement from Democrat after Democrat in the South who will stand up and say they are formally switching parties because they are racists and the republican party better presents a more comfortable home for their racist beliefs?
    I want evidence that supports the claim that, "tons", od Southern Democrats switched to the Republican party for racist reasons and that the Republican party was made up of racists at the time the CRA was passed. Those are the claims that have been made, I'm asking for proof; how you prove it is your business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #250
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Three paragraphs and still no link?
    A link to what? Do you understand what I am explaining to you? You are a layperson with no training in methodology of historical research. I am attempting to educate you on the basic errors and mistakes you have made and continue to make in the evaluation of what you call primary sources.

    perhaps a thorough reading of this will help you

    http://www.ischool.utexas.edu/~palmq...historical.htm

    a general overview

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_method

    and this will help educate you

    http://rmc.ncr.vt.edu/wp-content/upl...oresources.pdf
    Last edited by haymarket; 12-26-11 at 07:00 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •