Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 434

Thread: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

  1. #221
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,324

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    I didn't claim all Republicans were racist. Only a sizable number of them are - most of them located in the deep south. Nor did I claim a 'ton' of Southern Democrats switched parties. But a hell of a lot of them did. Which is why, during national elections, the once solid Democratic South is a bright red on the political maps. This isn't rocket science.
    You said that all Republicans mirrored the platform of the KKK. Sounds like your claiming that all Republicans are racists to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #222
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,324

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    And it's true that tons, alot, a large number, a bunch, and many left the party due to racism.

    None of those are very precise, are they? That's why this will end badly. Don't say I didn't warn you, and don't drag me into it.



    I have already said not all Republicans are racist. Some are though. And that's as far as this will get.
    Ok...post the evidence. Shouldn't be a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #223
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,324

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    What difference does it make? You don't accept the validity of source documents even when they are provided, as the Rebel secessionist statements were.

    An oped isn't a source, dude. How many times do you have to be told that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #224
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,324

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Look, I understand that the term 'racist' is an uncomfortable one to own. But when you claim minorities (or pets, as you so sensitively refer to them) are worse off now than they were under racist Jim Crow laws, then it's difficult coming up with another word that describes people with that attitude.

    The one consolation is that the demographics are going to kill you. Having succeeded, as a party, in virtually eliminating the chance than black people will vote for your candidates, you are now working on the Hispanics. Keep up the good work!
    The only way to get rid of Jim Crow was to force blacks to become dependent on government handouts?

    Your lack of confidence in the black race blows me away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #225
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,324

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Spoken like a true right wing devotee. Tell us how white folks in this country are the victims of such terrible discrimination. Must be why we live longer, have a higher standard of living, and generally control every aspect of life in the United States.

    You guys on the right are amazing.
    Didn't you just say that not all Right Wingers are racists?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #226
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,324

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Thats why liberals lose their mind whenever minorities demonstrate through hard work that they can achieve success...threatens that whole balance of power thing.
    Absolutely goddamn right!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #227
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ok...post the evidence. Shouldn't be a problem.
    Are you saying NONE left the party due to racism?

    Let's not play a game until we know what it is, and whether there's any point to it.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  8. #228
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,324

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Are you saying NONE left the party due to racism?

    Let's not play a game until we know what it is, and whether there's any point to it.
    Shawl ain't. However, I'm still waiting for the evidence that the Democrats that switched parties did so because they were racists and wanted to be a member of the more racist party.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #229
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Shawl ain't. However, I'm still waiting for the evidence that the Democrats that switched parties did so because they were racists and wanted to be a member of the more racist party.
    To say they left their party to avoid blacks, and avoid being part of a party where they had to share power with blacks, isn't the same as saying they wanted to be in a "more racist" party.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  10. #230
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,324

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    To say they left their party to avoid blacks, and avoid being part of a party where they had to share power with blacks, isn't the same as saying they wanted to be in a "more racist" party.
    Oh, they left to avoid being in the same party with blacks? Got anything to support that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •