Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 434

Thread: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

  1. #191
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    So an apology by the Republican National Committee Chairman means nothing to you? Not indicative of a racist national political strategy?

    Then I'd suggest that you are incapable of reason, and indeed a product of the lame Southern educational system that still dotes on 'The Wawa of Nawthin' Aggression' and longs for the good old days when everybody 'knew their place'.

    My suspicions have been confirmed.
    You still didn't prove that 1) All Republicans are racists and 2) the, "tons", of Southern Democrats switched parties because of the passage of the Civil Rights Act. Why on earth would Democrats switch to the party that supported the CRA with a higher percentage? Can you possibly see how your argument doesn't make sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #192
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    He doesn't care for primary source documents that contradict the extreme right wing version of American history and the world in general.
    Well, obviously, you don't know what primary source documentation is, because so far, you've only posted secondary cource documentation.

    HINT: Opeds aren't primary source docs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #193
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Wait, is this a thread where you're denying the undisputed historical fact that the conservative Southern Democrats (many racist) switched to the Republicans after the Civil Rights Movement? Do we really have to go through this silly debate again?
    Nope, not disputing that at all. Try and keep up, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #194
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You still didn't prove that 1) All Republicans are racists and 2) the, "tons", of Southern Democrats switched parties because of the passage of the Civil Rights Act. Why on earth would Democrats switch to the party that supported the CRA with a higher percentage? Can you possibly see how your argument doesn't make sense?
    1. True, it does not prove that.
    2. That's just a historical fact.

    The answser to your question is that, just as the Democratic party was controlled state-by-state, allowing southern Dems to coexist with northern liberal Dems, so was the Republican party. Parties, like pretty much all our politics, are state affairs. There is only one national election, the rest are state by state.

    The white southern Dems bolted for the Republicans because suddenly blacks were voting in Democratic primaries. That doesn't mean they were all racists. There were racists among them though, no question.
    Last edited by misterman; 12-25-11 at 03:30 PM.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  5. #195
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Nope, not disputing that at all. Try and keep up, huh?
    That's why I posed my question in the form of a question. It was a very skeptical question, I'll admit that.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  6. #196
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Yeah, we were much better off when those minority families were workin' for white people, cleaning their toilets and raising their children, in exchange for peanuts. I know they're the good old days to you folks, but you might possibly understand why they might not consider them so great.
    Wow! So, black folks only worked for white folks cleaning their toilets, prior to being made slaves to the welfare system.

    The level of insult and racism in that post is beyond words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #197
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    That's why I posed my question in the form of a question. It was a very skeptical question, I'll admit that.
    How else would you pose a question, but in the form of a question?

    Let me get you up to speed: the claim was made that, "tons", of Southern Democrats switched parties, for purely racist reasons and therefore all Republicans are racist.

    I disagree with that and have asked for prove of it's validity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #198
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    1. True, it does not prove that.
    [b]2. That's just a historical fact.

    The answser to your question is that, just as the Democratic party was controlled state-by-state, allowing southern Dems to coexist with northern liberal Dems, so was the Republican party. Parties, like pretty much all our politics, are state affairs. There is only one national election, the rest are state by state.

    The white southern Dems bolted for the Republicans because suddenly blacks were voting in Democratic primaries. That doesn't mean they were all racists. There were racists among them though, no question.
    You shouldn't have any problem proving that that is the reason they switched parties.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #199
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How else would you pose a question, but in the form of a question?
    Exactly!

    Thanks for answering my question.

    Let me get you up to speed: the claim was made that, "tons", of Southern Democrats switched parties, for purely racist reasons and therefore all Republicans are racist.

    I disagree with that and have asked for prove of it's validity.
    Thanks. You saved me some time.

    Yeah, not all of them were racist. Yeah, some of them were. Any attempt to get more specific than that is going to be a long, drawn out, ultimately failed thread.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  10. #200
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You shouldn't have any problem proving that that is the reason they switched parties.
    I wouldn't have any problem proving that. However, don't mistake that statement for saying that they were motivated by racism.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •