Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 434

Thread: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

  1. #181
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,399

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Of course you're going to dismiss it. YOu'll undoubtedly dismiss this as well:


    In American politics, the Southern strategy refers to the Republican Party strategy of winning elections in Southern states by exploiting anti-African American racism and fears of lawlessness among Southern white voters and appealing to fears of growing federal power in social and economic matters (generally lumped under the concept of states rights). Though the "Solid South" had been a longtime Democratic Party stronghold due to the Democratic Party's defense of slavery prior to the American Civil War and segregation for a century thereafter, many white Southern Democrats stopped supporting the party following the civil rights plank of the Democratic campaign in 1948 (triggering the Dixicrats), the African-American Civil Rights Movement, the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965, and desegregation.
    -American chairman The strategy was first adopted under future Republican President Richard Nixon in the late 1960s.[1] The strategy was successful in some regards. It contributed to the electoral realignment of Southern states to the Republican Party, but at the expense of losing more than 90 percent of black voters to the Democratic Party. As the 20th century came to a close, the Republican Party began trying to appeal again to black voters, though with little success.[1] During the 2000s decade, Republican National Committee Chairman Ken Mehlman formally apologized for his party's use of the Southern Strategy in the previous century. Michael Steele served as the party's first Africanfrom January 2009-January 2011.

    Southern strategy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    And then, of course, there's this:


    USATODAY.com - GOP: 'We were wrong' to play racial politics

    Of course this guy was only the Chair of the National REpublican Party. He's probably another resident of 'Libbo Land'.


    Libbo Land, however, is a great response. The kind we've come to expect from Far Right Southern 'conservatives'. Penetrating, inciteful, and indicative of a really good southern education.
    You can post all the op-eds you want and you still haven't proven anything.

    How many times do you have to be told that opinion doesn't equal fact? My good ol' southron ejumacation taught me that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #182
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You can post all the op-eds you want and you still haven't proven anything.

    How many times do you have to be told that opinion doesn't equal fact? My good ol' southron ejumacation taught me that.
    you seem to be of the opinion that you are always right, and everyone else is always wrong.

  3. #183
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,399

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    you seem to be of the opinion that you are always right, and everyone else is always wrong.
    I never said I was right. I disagree with you assumption and have asked for evidence to back it up. So far, you've failed to deliver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #184
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,822

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Actually, I'm going to dismiss it because it's an opion piece and not primary source documentation explaining why Southern Democrats switched to the Republican party.

    But, hey! I know that opinion is just as good as fact, in Libbo Land.
    apdst - since when did you become such a fan of primary sources to document ones claims? In many discussions about why southern states seceded from the Union you do every single thing you can to dismiss the actual official legal statements from the southern states themselves as to why the seceded and instead prefer to use opinion from others who tend to agree with your own personal slant on the issue.

    You reject those primary sources out of hand because you do not like what they say and they make your own position look weak and defenseless.

    So when did you become such a big fan of primary sources to document ones claims?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #185
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,674

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Its a little silly IMO in 2011 (almost 2012) to be arguing over who may have done what for what motivation in 1960. If it makes modern day liberals feel better about themselves to claim that the party that fought for or against liberating slaves and FOR human rights suddenly overnight switched affiliation...welll..by golly...embrace it...whichever side you pretend you land on. And hey...if embracing decades of appeasement acts and welfare programs that have destoryed minority families and created the massive dependent class we have in America is viewed as a good thing...then by all means...you should embrace that as well.

    But...here in the real world...we have a few problems. **** aint working. And if anyone supports either party and their miserbale actions...you are just as big a part of the problem as they are.

    Merry Christmas

  6. #186
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You can post all the op-eds you want and you still haven't proven anything.

    How many times do you have to be told that opinion doesn't equal fact? My good ol' southron ejumacation taught me that.
    So an apology by the Republican National Committee Chairman means nothing to you? Not indicative of a racist national political strategy?

    Then I'd suggest that you are incapable of reason, and indeed a product of the lame Southern educational system that still dotes on 'The Wawa of Nawthin' Aggression' and longs for the good old days when everybody 'knew their place'.

    My suspicions have been confirmed.

  7. #187
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Its a little silly IMO in 2011 (almost 2012) to be arguing over who may have done what for what motivation in 1960. If it makes modern day liberals feel better about themselves to claim that the party that fought for or against liberating slaves and FOR human rights suddenly overnight switched affiliation...welll..by golly...embrace it...whichever side you pretend you land on. And hey...if embracing decades of appeasement acts and welfare programs that have destoryed minority families and created the massive dependent class we have in America is viewed as a good thing...then by all means...you should embrace that as well.

    But...here in the real world...we have a few problems. **** aint working. And if anyone supports either party and their miserbale actions...you are just as big a part of the problem as they are.

    Merry Christmas
    Yeah, we were much better off when those minority families were workin' for white people, cleaning their toilets and raising their children, in exchange for peanuts. I know they're the good old days to you folks, but you might possibly understand why they might not consider them so great.

  8. #188
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    apdst - since when did you become such a fan of primary sources to document ones claims? In many discussions about why southern states seceded from the Union you do every single thing you can to dismiss the actual official legal statements from the southern states themselves as to why the seceded and instead prefer to use opinion from others who tend to agree with your own personal slant on the issue.

    You reject those primary sources out of hand because you do not like what they say and they make your own position look weak and defenseless.

    So when did you become such a big fan of primary sources to document ones claims?
    He doesn't care for primary source documents that contradict the extreme right wing version of American history and the world in general.

  9. #189
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,822

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    He doesn't care for primary source documents that contradict the extreme right wing version of American history and the world in general.
    Exactly. A perfect summation.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #190
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Obama threatened, called 'monkey' by ex-Carson council candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Actually, I'm going to dismiss it because it's an opion piece and not primary source documentation explaining why Southern Democrats switched to the Republican party.

    But, hey! I know that opinion is just as good as fact, in Libbo Land.
    Wait, is this a thread where you're denying the undisputed historical fact that the conservative Southern Democrats (many racist) switched to the Republicans after the Civil Rights Movement? Do we really have to go through this silly debate again?
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •