Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 470

Thread: Atheist messages displace CA park nativity scenes

  1. #371
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Atheist messages displace CA park nativity scenes

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Random drawing. Fair to every one. Your group does not win. Lost it's monopoly. Crying that other groups get to put out there message. It's pretty clear.
    Its only clear because in your fervent hope and desire to criticize the religious you seem to continually miss that people have even pointed out that in the quote you use to continue your own "crying" that they state clearly the issue isn't "putting out the there message" but rather that they are taking up multiple spots with NOTHING in them.

  2. #372
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,333
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Atheist messages displace CA park nativity scenes

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Its only clear because in your fervent hope and desire to criticize the religious you seem to continually miss that people have even pointed out that in the quote you use to continue your own "crying" that they state clearly the issue isn't "putting out the there message" but rather that they are taking up multiple spots with NOTHING in them.
    Which is their right. The obvious problem is not what was done with the space, but that a religious group lost it's monopoly.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #373
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Atheist messages displace CA park nativity scenes

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    I don't want to speak for Redress, but it's possible he doesn't acknowledge that they have a valid complaint because he doesn't believe that they DO have a valid complaint. I don't think their complaint is valid. They lost the lottery, someone they don't like won, and they're angry about it. Tell them to lobby the city for a rules change. They can start with the rule that each winner can claim up to 9 display cages. Complaining about that is valid. Complaining about what others did or did not do with the displays they rightfully claimed is not valid.
    So your stance is that if someone does something they're allowed to do its invalid to complain about it in any fashion?

    I readily look forward to never see you complaining about what jackasses Westboro is in any thread since htey're simply doing things that are within the rules of society, and thus its would be invalid of you to complain about them.

  4. #374
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Atheist messages displace CA park nativity scenes

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Which is their right. The obvious problem is not what was done with the space, but that a religious group lost it's monopoly.
    Oh, my bad Redress. I forgot that you've never complained or spoken negative about people who have acted within their rights. How silly of me.

    Now, care to deal with the fact that your statement of what their "obvious" problem was has nothing significantly backing it up other than your own biases and assumptions? Even the quote you quoted clearly demonstrates another optoin other than "They're mad they lost their majority" as being just as legitimate as a possability and yet you continue to ignorantly present your assumption based on your opinion as if its some sort of fact.

  5. #375
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,333
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Atheist messages displace CA park nativity scenes

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Oh, my bad Redress. I forgot that you've never complained or spoken negative about people who have acted within their rights. How silly of me.
    Not about trivial ****. I sure as hell did not make a whiny thread about trivial ****.

    Edit: Oh, and new WHC....
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #376
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Atheist messages displace CA park nativity scenes

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Not about trivial ****. I sure as hell did not make a whiny thread about trivial ****.
    So wait, have you now switched from your assumption presented as fact that the people in the OP were complaining because they "lost their monopoly" and now have floundered in finding a new target to attack and your argument is instead attacking those in this thread for talking about an issue on debate board because they're mad that some religious group "lost their monopoly".

    Or, if you're still talking about the people talked about in the OP...what the **** does you starting a thread or not matter in relation to that and to the notion that you were making a ridiculous suggestion that somehow because someone has the right to do something then it shouldn't be complained about or spoken negatively about.

  7. #377
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Atheist messages displace CA park nativity scenes

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Its only clear because in your fervent hope and desire to criticize the religious you seem to continually miss that people have even pointed out that in the quote you use to continue your own "crying" that they state clearly the issue isn't "putting out the there message" but rather that they are taking up multiple spots with NOTHING in them.
    The fact that you don't like their displays isn't a reason for them to be taken down.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  8. #378
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Atheist messages displace CA park nativity scenes

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No one has claimed it was an effective campaign. Again, we see the difference in attitudes here. A drawing was held, people where able to do what they wanted with the slots they won. I would accept any outcome. Christians however are upset that the result did not go their way. One of us is completely consistent. Guess who it is.
    One of you is ignorantly stating their opinion as if its fact. Guess who it is

  9. #379
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,333
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Atheist messages displace CA park nativity scenes

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    So wait, have you now switched from your assumption presented as fact that the people in the OP were complaining because they "lost their monopoly" and now have floundered in finding a new target to attack and your argument is instead attacking those in this thread for talking about an issue on debate board because they're mad that some religious group "lost their monopoly".

    Or, if you're still talking about the people talked about in the OP...what the **** does you starting a thread or not matter in relation to that and to the notion that you were making a ridiculous suggestion that somehow because someone has the right to do something then it shouldn't be complained about or spoken negatively about.
    If we assume your claim is correct(which I do not believe), then it is crying over trivial ****. What looks to me, considering the fact we are closing on on 400 posts, the idea that the complaint is because they did not say something sounds kinda silly. The much more likely thing, considering the OP, is that this is more of the war on christmas type crap. A religious group lost their monopoly.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #380
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Atheist messages displace CA park nativity scenes

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Which is their right. The obvious problem is not what was done with the space, but that a religious group lost it's monopoly.
    If the atheists would have filled up all the spots and the religious were still complaining (which I would think would be fairly likely) then I'd agree with you that they need to just get over it. This isn't the case. We live in a civilized world and I expect a little human decency out of people now and then. If you get all of those spots use them or allow others to use them. Atheists like these aren't making their case any better by acting like dicks and it only reinforces stereotypes. If they really want to do some good for their cause go work in a soup kitchen for an afternoon with "American Atheists" shirts on. Fill up their spots with "Happy holidays and best wishes from American Atheists". Force people to recognize that we're no different.

    I just can't say how sad I am that so few of my fellow heathen's on this forum see absolutely no problem with what was done here.
    Last edited by roughdraft274; 12-19-11 at 10:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •