Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 470

Thread: Atheist messages displace CA park nativity scenes

  1. #141
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Atheist messages displace CA park nativity scenes

    Quote Originally Posted by C-21 Cowboy View Post
    Many regimes have outlawed religion, it's time we became proactive with these pesky atheists. Professed atheists should be jailed for society's protection, or better yet stripped of their citizenship and sent to China where they work along side other ChiComm atheists for $.75 a day and 2 bowls of rice. Let them experience Maoism and Marxism first hand, let them experience regimes that are hostile to religion.

    America was bulit on the backs of the Religious it's time these atheists shape up or ship out. Get with the program or enjoy your 3 hots and a cot rotting in an 8 x 10 jail cell till you shape up.

    Same with the Communists, outlaw them, much like Germany has outlawed Nazism, we need to be proactive here in America and start getting rid of the rats. Communism and Atheism go hand in hand.
    Wow...extreme much? Athiest have a right to be around just as much as any other group....and we are NOT Germany.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #142
    User Chaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    05-03-12 @ 01:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    87

    Re: Atheist messages displace CA park nativity scenes

    I consider 'AmericanAthiests' (the group) to be complete and udder douchebags. I am an agnostic-athiest (it means i lean more towards atheism if you must know) and I find them to be extremely offensive. Why do they have to go through this effort to make theists look bad? this is AMERICA you are free to wroship or not however you please and anyone who tries to attack anothers faith. Putting up an atheistic message is not wrong, however shoving it down the theistic communities throats like this is. I am sure they could have up with a less offensive message, makes all athiests look bad. Same as the religious community would soemtimes to others? Sure. But two wrongs don't make a right.

    Quote Originally Posted by C-21 Cowboy View Post
    Many regimes have outlawed religion, it's time we became proactive with these pesky atheists. Professed atheists should be jailed for society's protection, or better yet stripped of their citizenship and sent to China where they work along side other ChiComm atheists for $.75 a day and 2 bowls of rice. Let them experience Maoism and Marxism first hand, let them experience regimes that are hostile to religion.

    America was bulit on the backs of the Religious it's time these atheists shape up or ship out. Get with the program or enjoy your 3 hots and a cot rotting in an 8 x 10 jail cell till you shape up.

    Same with the Communists, outlaw them, much like Germany has outlawed Nazism, we need to be proactive here in America and start getting rid of the rats. Communism and Atheism go hand in hand.
    And it is people like YOU that makes these athiest go onto the defensive. What about the militant theists that oppose anyone who is not of their religion and anyone who is not religious? What about those who commit the exact same acts towards others? America was built to be the land of the 'free' and it is protected in our damn constitution that people have the RIGHT to have any belief they want. America was built on the backs of the constitution not thiests. If you do not like the constitution maybe you should be the one shipped out because you obviously have no sense of what America is.

    also I doubt you even know what communism is, the red scare is over. Get with the program.
    Last edited by Chaz; 12-15-11 at 04:39 PM.
    It is a man's reason that lifts him to the stars.

  3. #143
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,056

    Re: Atheist messages displace CA park nativity scenes

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    I'm not sure why anyone should care about that poster. It makes a rooky mistake by attacking myths. No sensible man attacks myths or fairy tales, they are more true than much science or history. I just wish Chesterton were alive to see it.
    .....This made me lol.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #144
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Atheist messages displace CA park nativity scenes

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    You are using the appeal to popularity fallacy to justify special treatment for one mythology over another.
    If you want to start lecturing me about fallacies after that ****tacular comparison you made earlier, how about you actually learn what it is.

    Argumentum ad populum is suggesting that an individual arguement is true because its popular or holds true for many people then therefore it is universally true. That's not my argument in the least. Now, if you want to talk about "fallacies" go look up strawman. My argument was not that Christianity is "true" because its possible and thus it shouldn't be called mythology.

    My argument was that its a tactless and dickish move to make a display like that in a public setting specifically aimed at belittling the view points held by a large population of people. Argumentum ad populum is NOT a fallacy when pointing out that something IS popular and pointing out popularity in and of itself is not a fallacy. My argument relies zero on whether or not Christianity or the Greek Gods are or aren't technically "mythology". Rather, my argument relies on whether or not its true that a majority of people VIEW them as such. A majority of people, especially in academic colleges in the United States, considered Greek Gods to by Mythology thus terming it as such is not some kind of tactless statement nor something that is reasonable to expect someone to think is an "inflamatory remark". On the contrary, stating that JESUS is "mythology" is a view point opposite of what the majority of people in the location of that display views and is something that is reasonable to expect that many people would take as "inflamatory".

    This doesn't even however begin to enter into the absurdity of comparing a class, where lenthy discussion and indepth analysis by individuals CHOOSING to take part in it, to a one line display put up in public.

    I don't believe that your issue is that the other major religions are absent. You would still take exception to the display. If they replaced the picture of Jesus with a picture of L. Ron Hubbard this thread would be full of jokes.
    It'd be a dick move regardless of what religion they attacked. Would it possibly be funny? Maybe it would. I find tactless dick moves funny sometimes. Doesn't make them any less of a dick move. But if you want to play the "I don't believe" game or the "this thread would be full of" game, had this been a Christian group putting up a display specifically attacking Muslims, or specifically attacking athiests, I think we'd see this thread full of people talking about the bigotry of Christians and the disgusting way they push their views and I don't believe we'd be seeing you having near the same support for the issue of negatively affirming ones beliefs as the direct expense and targetting of another group.

  5. #145
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,648
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Atheist messages displace CA park nativity scenes

    And what we have learned in this thread:

    Freedom of speech is absolute, except when it offends the religious.

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    12-15-11 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    61

    Re: Atheist messages displace CA park nativity scenes

    Atheist's are always outlawing free speech...you can't have a moment of silence in public schools or they sue. You can't say a prayer at a public school graduation...is this not free speech? They even sued the Boy Scouts of America for not allowing atheists in.
    They are already at war with religion, it's just the Christian religious are too passive to fight back.

    The decision is made, we stop the vermin, like so many rats spreading their moral relativism akin to the bubonic plague. We outlaw atheism.

    We sue the atheists for these displays on public property...their belief system meets all the criteria for a religion.
    Last edited by C-21 Cowboy; 12-15-11 at 05:43 PM.

  7. #147
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Atheist messages displace CA park nativity scenes

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    And what we have learned in this thread:

    Freedom of speech is absolute, except when it offends the religious.
    I have gathered that the general feeling is that the atheists were being dicks, not that they don't have the freedom to do what they did. You can still criticize someone's intentions or actions even if they are completely legal.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  8. #148
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Atheist messages displace CA park nativity scenes

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    Is there anything besides a nativity scene they could put in the other 15 spots that you would find acceptable?
    Well, since it appears these things were generally used for HOLIDAY displays, how about secular images of the holiday season. Perhaps Santa, or Rudolph, or Frosty, or something of the sort. Or if you want to try and promote the importance of science and reason and do the holidays perhaps an enlarged "On the Origina of Spieces" book wrapped up in christmas lights. Perhaps if you want something that's not related to the holiday at all but promoting athiestic ideas find a quote you want to put on a board highlighting the importance of logic and reason when determining man's place in the universe that isn't also specifically attacking an individual faith. In no way would they have to put a nativity scene up.

  9. #149
    Guru
    ChuckBerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Last Seen
    10-28-13 @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,491

    Re: Atheist messages displace CA park nativity scenes

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    Do you take exception to any other religions being referred to as myths?
    So long as there is no historical evidence to indicate that their deities existed and did what their followers claim they did, no.
    The morality of abortion is not a religious belief, any more than the morality of slavery, apartheid, rape, larceny, murder or arson is a religious belief. These are norms of the natural law of mankind and can be legislated even in a completely religionless society.

  10. #150
    Whoa, daddy!
    MadLib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,225

    Re: Atheist messages displace CA park nativity scenes

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/1281...istmas-edition

    HAHAHAHAH...this is pretty horrible propaganda.
    Holy ****
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Hah. If someone put me in their sig, I'd never know. I have sigs off.

Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •