Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 69

Thread: Romney Accidentally Crashes Gay Vets Date

  1. #21
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,923

    Re: Romney Accidentally Crashes Gay Vets Date

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    What you want to bet he had them clear the women's restroom so he could go in to take a whiz?
    No bet, Ithink the word I'm searching for is "flip flopper"?
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Last Seen
    03-07-12 @ 03:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,692

    Re: Romney Accidentally Crashes Gay Vets Date

    I think I would be offended by the fact he just sat down at my table without any proper introduction, let alone his proselytizing of the anti-SSM cause. What an audacious jerk.

  3. #23
    pawn in the game of life
    pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,984

    Re: Romney Accidentally Crashes Gay Vets Date

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Did you read the article? Here, let me help you:



    You sit down at some ones table who is out to dinner to beg, you are an ass.
    Am rather skeptical that Romney walked up and plopped down at someone's table uninvited. Doesn't really pass the smell test. The article was a hit piece from a gay website and seemed to take some liberties. (at the end of the story is a link to that claim Romney is connected to the KKK slogans.)

    Not sure if Romney was ambushed or just having bad luck/timing. At the bottom of the article they is a clip to the actual conversation at the restaurant table. Was pretty civil overall.....


    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

  4. #24
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Romney Accidentally Crashes Gay Vets Date

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    How was he to know they were partner? Is Romney to avoid approaching any two men because they may be homosexual partners?
    Let us say, for the purposes of argument, that for whatever reason you were politically in favor of abolishing heterosexual marriage laws. Would you not feel bad-- and indeed, look like a major asshole-- if you invited yourself to sit down at a table with a man and a woman and ask them for their political support in abolishing their marriage? Because, regardless of whether you support gay marriage or not, that is exactly what Romney did to those two men. He should be embarrassed for himself, and perhaps look at his as an opportunity for learn from his mistakes and reconsider his position. He won't, but he should.

    Won't stop me from voting for him, if he takes the nomination-- Hell, the President's position isn't any better-- but it is still a mark against him.

  5. #25
    Skeptical Optimist
    Rhapsody1447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Seen
    09-20-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,510

    Re: Romney Accidentally Crashes Gay Vets Date

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Korimir View Post
    Let us say, for the purposes of argument, that for whatever reason you were politically in favor of abolishing heterosexual marriage laws. Would you not feel bad-- and indeed, look like a major asshole-- if you invited yourself to sit down at a table with a man and a woman and ask them for their political support in abolishing their marriage? Because, regardless of whether you support gay marriage or not, that is exactly what Romney did to those two men. He should be embarrassed for himself, and perhaps look at his as an opportunity for learn from his mistakes and reconsider his position. He won't, but he should.

    Won't stop me from voting for him, if he takes the nomination-- Hell, the President's position isn't any better-- but it is still a mark against him.
    I don't see how this is a mark against his beliefs. He obviously made a mistake and I'm sure he is embarrassed about it. Just like in your analogy, the person should feel stupid and embarrassed. However, the incident doesn't make the position any less tenable.
    "There is an excellent correlation between giving society what it wants and making money, and almost no correlation between the desire to make money and how much money one makes." ~Dalio

  6. #26
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Romney Accidentally Crashes Gay Vets Date

    It's nothing to do with his beliefs. It's just that it was terribly gauche, and he didn't have the good sense to apologize.

  7. #27
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,322
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Romney Accidentally Crashes Gay Vets Date

    Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    Am rather skeptical that Romney walked up and plopped down at someone's table uninvited. Doesn't really pass the smell test. The article was a hit piece from a gay website and seemed to take some liberties. (at the end of the story is a link to that claim Romney is connected to the KKK slogans.)

    Not sure if Romney was ambushed or just having bad luck/timing. At the bottom of the article they is a clip to the actual conversation at the restaurant table. Was pretty civil overall.....
    To be clear, my comments make the assumption he sat down uninvited. If it did not happen like that, then the situation changes. And I had not noticed the Romney connected to KKK thing, that certainly drastically reduces the likelyhood of the story being true.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #28
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Romney Accidentally Crashes Gay Vets Date

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Korimir View Post
    Let us say, for the purposes of argument, that for whatever reason you were politically in favor of abolishing heterosexual marriage laws. Would you not feel bad-- and indeed, look like a major asshole-- if you invited yourself to sit down at a table with a man and a woman and ask them for their political support in abolishing their marriage? Because, regardless of whether you support gay marriage or not, that is exactly what Romney did to those two men. He should be embarrassed for himself, and perhaps look at his as an opportunity for learn from his mistakes and reconsider his position. He won't, but he should.

    Won't stop me from voting for him, if he takes the nomination-- Hell, the President's position isn't any better-- but it is still a mark against him.
    It seems a matter of opinion whether going up to be people in such a setting is appropriate. I can certainly understand the thinking behind saying he shouldn't of approached anyone there, although I suppose it isn't their restaurant and if the owner wants it that might be another story. But aside from that I don't think it makes you much of a fool if this happens, unless you had good reason to think they were partners. Usually two men in a restaurant are not homosexual lovers, though I don't know how they were sitting or what sort of restaurant it was or anything else about the signals involved which might have suggested to a normally observant person that they were.
    Last edited by Wessexman; 12-17-11 at 11:21 PM.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  9. #29
    Professor
    Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-29-13 @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,179

    Re: Romney Accidentally Crashes Gay Vets Date

    If the history of presidential elections says anything, it says that taking an opposing stance to gay marriage is a winner at the polls.
    It's like you're dreaming of Gorgonzola when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

  10. #30
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,923

    Re: Romney Accidentally Crashes Gay Vets Date

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Korimir View Post
    Let us say, for the purposes of argument, that for whatever reason you were politically in favor of abolishing heterosexual marriage laws. Would you not feel bad-- and indeed, look like a major asshole-- if you invited yourself to sit down at a table with a man and a woman and ask them for their political support in abolishing their marriage? Because, regardless of whether you support gay marriage or not, that is exactly what Romney did to those two men. He should be embarrassed for himself, and perhaps look at his as an opportunity for learn from his mistakes and reconsider his position. He won't, but he should.

    Won't stop me from voting for him, if he takes the nomination-- Hell, the President's position isn't any better-- but it is still a mark against him.
    We the Independent voters are left with the lesser of two evils.
    No matter who gets the nomination.

    You say doesn't matter you would vote for him if he takes the nomination .
    Would you be voting for Romney or would you be voting the Republican party line?
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •