Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 197

Thread: Occupy Protesters Have Blocked Access to Three West-Coast Ports

  1. #171
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    02-12-12 @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    519
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Occupy Protesters Have Blocked Access to Three West-Coast Ports

    Quote Originally Posted by nathanj63 View Post
    To the people that are sympathetic OWS:

    Do you guys support the action to block the ports? Why or why not?
    I wanted to support it, I tried to find reasons to support it, because I support the rest of the movement, but after thinking about it for a long time, my answer will have to be no. The premise of their idea for the Shutdown is not bad, but in practical terms, its going to turn A LOT of people against them, including the Unions, who are one of their biggest sources of support, and its turns public support against them as well, it would be better to keep going after the politicians, like Thunder said, protest or "Occupy" city hall, the state capital, and congress.

  2. #172
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-16-18 @ 09:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Occupy Protesters Have Blocked Access to Three West-Coast Ports

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Uhhh they are a group of truckers that their job is to pick up loads from the port which they occupy movement closed down for a while....

    Are they ALL the trucker? I'm trying to find the relevance.,
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  3. #173
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 11:48 AM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Occupy Protesters Have Blocked Access to Three West-Coast Ports

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Are they ALL the trucker? I'm trying to find the relevance.,
    Yes..
    First paragraph of the letter.
    "We are the front-line workers who haul container rigs full of imported and exported goods to and from the docks and warehouses every day."


  4. #174
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-16-18 @ 09:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Occupy Protesters Have Blocked Access to Three West-Coast Ports

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Yes..
    First paragraph of the letter.
    "We are the front-line workers who haul container rigs full of imported and exported goods to and from the docks and warehouses every day."
    cause.
    Most rabble groups claim to speak for thier even if the majority is not on board.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  5. #175
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 03:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Occupy Protesters Have Blocked Access to Three West-Coast Ports

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    cause.
    Most rabble groups claim to speak for thier even if the majority is not on board.
    I'm sorry.....they claim to speak for what? who?


  6. #176
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 11:48 AM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Occupy Protesters Have Blocked Access to Three West-Coast Ports

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    cause.
    Most rabble groups claim to speak for thier even if the majority is not on board.
    "We have been elected by committees of our co-workers at the Ports of Los Angeles, Long Beach, Oakland, Seattle and Tacoma to tell our collective story. We have accepted the honor to speak up for our brothers and sisters about our working conditions despite the risk of retaliation we face."


  7. #177
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-16-18 @ 09:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Occupy Protesters Have Blocked Access to Three West-Coast Ports

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    "We have been elected by committees of our co-workers at the Ports of Los Angeles, Long Beach, Oakland, Seattle and Tacoma to tell our collective story. We have accepted the honor to speak up for our brothers and sisters about our working conditions despite the risk of retaliation we face."


    I speak for the lizard people, As I was elected among them to represent the outer realms of zogobar!
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 03:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Occupy Protesters Have Blocked Access to Three West-Coast Ports

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I speak for the lizard people, As I was elected among them to represent the outer realms of zogobar!
    what a stupid post.

  9. #179
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-16-18 @ 09:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Occupy Protesters Have Blocked Access to Three West-Coast Ports

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    what a stupid post.


    Ironic......
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  10. #180
    Student nathanj63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    09-16-12 @ 02:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    195

    Re: Occupy Protesters Have Blocked Access to Three West-Coast Ports

    Quote Originally Posted by FFDP666 View Post
    I wanted to support it, I tried to find reasons to support it, because I support the rest of the movement, but after thinking about it for a long time, my answer will have to be no. The premise of their idea for the Shutdown is not bad, but in practical terms, its going to turn A LOT of people against them, including the Unions, who are one of their biggest sources of support, and its turns public support against them as well, it would be better to keep going after the politicians, like Thunder said, protest or "Occupy" city hall, the state capital, and congress.
    I think the premise is bad. I think if the motivation behind an action is a negative one it will always end up being a mess like this was.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •