Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 134

Thread: 81% Celebrate Christmas As A Religious Holiday

  1. #91
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 81% Celebrate Christmas As A Religious Holiday

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That is why only a very tiny few people on the very fringe are going after those things. No serious group is. I think Jewish groups have more issue with both those than any liberal/atheist groups, and even then it is very very few people.
    The very fact that teachers must say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" or that there are stores that refuse to say "Merry Christmas" shows that that "tiny fraction" has been able to do quite a bit of damage for being so "tiny".
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #92
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 81% Celebrate Christmas As A Religious Holiday

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    The very fact that teachers must say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" or that there are stores that refuse to say "Merry Christmas" shows that that "tiny fraction" has been able to do quite a bit of damage for being so "tiny".
    Teachers can say Merry Christmas, unless their administrator is an idiot. Stores most likely choose happy holidays(though all I have heard so far this year is merry christmas) because they perceive it will cost sales(that dang capitalism). Got any other asinine objections based on myths and lies?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #93
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 81% Celebrate Christmas As A Religious Holiday

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Teachers can say Merry Christmas, unless their administrator is an idiot. Stores most likely choose happy holidays(though all I have heard so far this year is merry christmas) because they perceive it will cost sales(that dang capitalism). Got any other asinine objections based on myths and lies?
    Know what, I had this whole long post done up but decided to forget it. Its just not worth it trying to open closed eyes and minds. If you wish to continue to think that people are not attacking Christmas and religion to the point that we shouldn't say anything about it then fine, go ahead and think that way. But if this were so true.....then why did the Mods (including you *looks at your moderator status*) have to create a special section on this forum where attacking religion was expressly forbidden?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #94
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 81% Celebrate Christmas As A Religious Holiday

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Know what, I had this whole long post done up but decided to forget it. Its just not worth it trying to open closed eyes and minds. If you wish to continue to think that people are not attacking Christmas and religion to the point that we shouldn't say anything about it then fine, go ahead and think that way. But if this were so true.....then why did the Mods (including you *looks at your moderator status*) have to create a special section on this forum where attacking religion was expressly forbidden?
    No one is saying you shouldn't talk about it. That is what we call a straw man. Talk all you want, but prepare to defend your comments, just as the rest of us expect. What we will do is present evidence, which is something you have failed to do.

    There is a significant difference between a message board and the laws of a country, just so you know. The reason for the religion forum have exactly jack **** to do with any "war on christmas".
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #95
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: 81% Celebrate Christmas As A Religious Holiday

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i think that nobody would know about "the (ghost) war on christmas" except for faux news. seriously, it's up to the individual towns and cities and municipal properties what they have on their lawns, and it's up to everyone else to say whatever they feel is appropriate. people should be offended by neither "merry christmas" nor "happy holidays", "happy hanukkah", or whatever. dumb and dumber, this entire subject. if you are religious, celebrate christmas your way, and don't worry about what others do. do you REALLY think jesus gives a **** about a manger in front of a courthouse? if you are not religious, fine, don't complain about people saying "merry christmas"......christmas is only a day. they are wishing you a merry DAY.

    Thats not true...the ACLU threatened two lawsuits at the High School my daughter teachs at...one for having a christmas tree and nativity scene..along with a menorrah and islamic symbols...the threat of lawsuit only named the nativity scene...the menorrah and islamic scenes werent mentioned...and they threatened suit over Christmas Holiday being named in the school calendar...So I didnt hear that on foxnews..

  6. #96
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: 81% Celebrate Christmas As A Religious Holiday

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    How is saying Merry Christmas or having a Christmas Tree up on public land stopping anyone from having thier own public celebrations of thier own beliefs?
    One example would be when it literally is stopping them - such as when only a Christmas tree is allowed on public land, and no other religious symbols.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  7. #97
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: 81% Celebrate Christmas As A Religious Holiday

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Thats not true...the ACLU threatened two lawsuits at the High School my daughter teachs at...one for having a christmas tree and nativity scene..along with a menorrah and islamic symbols...the threat of lawsuit only named the nativity scene...the menorrah and islamic scenes werent mentioned...and they threatened suit over Christmas Holiday being named in the school calendar...So I didnt hear that on foxnews..
    Would like to see details if you have them.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  8. #98
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: 81% Celebrate Christmas As A Religious Holiday

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    The very fact that teachers must say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" or that there are stores that refuse to say "Merry Christmas" shows that that "tiny fraction" has been able to do quite a bit of damage for being so "tiny".
    Happy Ramadan!
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  9. #99
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 81% Celebrate Christmas As A Religious Holiday

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No one is saying you shouldn't talk about it. That is what we call a straw man. Talk all you want, but prepare to defend your comments, just as the rest of us expect. What we will do is present evidence, which is something you have failed to do.

    There is a significant difference between a message board and the laws of a country, just so you know. The reason for the religion forum have exactly jack **** to do with any "war on christmas".
    So if I go to the religious fora and attack Christmas what will happen?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #100
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 81% Celebrate Christmas As A Religious Holiday

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Thats not true...the ACLU threatened two lawsuits at the High School my daughter teachs at...one for having a christmas tree and nativity scene..along with a menorrah and islamic symbols...the threat of lawsuit only named the nativity scene...the menorrah and islamic scenes werent mentioned...and they threatened suit over Christmas Holiday being named in the school calendar...So I didnt hear that on foxnews..
    You should of course be able to show the lawsuit to us since it is public information.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •