Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 58 of 58

Thread: 8 Year old catches Bachmann off guard...

  1. #51
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: 8 Year old catches Bachmann off guard...

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Your contentions that the child was put up to it are merely that. No more, no less.
    sure thing.. but a most plausible contention it is.

    this argument is very odd to me.. it's as if admitting that this kid was coached validates bachman's opinion on gays needing fixing... it doesn't, in any shape form or fashion... this kid has no bearing on the issue whatsoever.

    but if people want to believe this child is a political wonder who knows, at the age of 7 or 8, not only who political figures are, but also knows their stance on social issues.. and furthermore either drove himself or requested his mom take him to an event with said political figure so he could courageously and boldly go up to her and give her a piece of his mind ( nevermind that he was timid and scared).. fine by me... i can only control what I believe is plausible, not what others believe.

  2. #52
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: 8 Year old catches Bachmann off guard...

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    Well im not a big fan of putting words in a kids mouth to make a point I should be making myself.
    I feel the same way...

  3. #53
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,866

    Re: 8 Year old catches Bachmann off guard...

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Your contentions that the child was put up to it are merely that. No more, no less.
    It's the logical contention.

  4. #54
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Candler Park, ATL
    Last Seen
    12-11-11 @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    69

    Re: 8 Year old catches Bachmann off guard...

    Regardless of whether or not it was rehearsed, the impact remains. She looks like an ass when the little kid says that because it blatantly shows why she's wrong on that topic.

  5. #55
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,272
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 8 Year old catches Bachmann off guard...

    Quote Originally Posted by SirNegroIII View Post
    Regardless of whether or not it was rehearsed, the impact remains. She looks like an ass when the little kid says that because it blatantly shows why she's wrong on that topic.
    Oh she's wrong on the subject, the vast majority of people would agree on that.

    What I disagree with is using a kid to play a political gag rather then going over there like grown ups and voicing your discontent yourself.

  6. #56
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: 8 Year old catches Bachmann off guard...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Oh she's wrong on the subject, the vast majority of people would agree on that.

    What I disagree with is using a kid to play a political gag rather then going over there like grown ups and voicing your discontent yourself.
    I dont think it was a gag. I think the kid loves his mom and vice versa.

  7. #57
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,272
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 8 Year old catches Bachmann off guard...

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I dont think it was a gag. I think the kid loves his mom and vice versa.
    I don't have any doubt the kid loves her mom.

    All you have to do is read my OP to see I do take into account that kid may have genuinely wanted to say that to Bachmann and believes it.

    But with the fact it was filmed and he was pushed forward to doing it, it seems like the parents used the kid to get a "Gotcha Moment" on cam, and I find that juvenile.

    Be an adult, walk up to Bachmann and say "Mam, I'm a lesbian and I don't need fixing" but to film your kid whispering it in Bachmanns ear...

    Sorry I find it childish...

  8. #58
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: 8 Year old catches Bachmann off guard...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    I don't have any doubt the kid loves her mom.

    All you have to do is read my OP to see I do take into account that kid may have genuinely wanted to say that to Bachmann and believes it.

    But with the fact it was filmed and he was pushed forward to doing it, it seems like the parents used the kid to get a "Gotcha Moment" on cam, and I find that juvenile.

    Be an adult, walk up to Bachmann and say "Mam, I'm a lesbian and I don't need fixing" but to film your kid whispering it in Bachmanns ear...

    Sorry I find it childish...
    Well a child did do it

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •