Page 97 of 124 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 970 of 1236

Thread: Just Plain Wrong

  1. #961
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by MadLib View Post
    It's not normal. My question is why normality affects people's rights. And no, you cannot be for their rights, because you don't want them to marry. That's not the same amount of rights as straight people.

    You said he asked the question 20 times. He only asked it once, and after that you said that you had already answered. I promise, if you post the link I will not bother you on the subject anymore. I will if you don't.

    I never called you a homophobia cheerleader. You call us cheerleaders and accuse us of diversion in a trollish matter. We calmly pointed out that you didn't answer the question.

    Normal, no. Natural, animals do it.
    Why does normality effect rights ? so your suggesting then anyone that has abnormal proclivities have the same rights as anyone else...I hope you can realize how absurd that is..

    For you to call me a homophobic you will have to get at the end of a very very long line...Ive been called a homophobe more than a few times on here hence the cheerleader statement...you can call me a homophobe if you want ") it has no effect on me whatsover..

  2. #962
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    I understand, and largely agree with, your point. I also think that often such innate feelings are enough and not being able to put everything into exhaustive discursive argument is not a problem. The problem here though is you have entered where discursive argument is clearly needed and expected.

    No sir I disagree, this present argument at this moment stemmed from me in fact answering the question in this thread and the cheerleaders dodging my answer and going into their usual bait and switch and pile on tactics...and refusing to answer my question.
    Now im as stubborn as anyone else...I refuse to answer the question AGAIN for the 5th time..just because every cheerleader than enters this thread asks the same question over and over....

  3. #963
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Homophobe is such a stupid term. It is so obviously pseudo-psychoanalytical, meant to give some sort of diagnosis and is therefore, in my opinion, quite sinister.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  4. #964
    Whoa, daddy!
    MadLib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,224

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Why does normality effect rights ? so your suggesting then anyone that has abnormal proclivities have the same rights as anyone else...I hope you can realize how absurd that is..
    You before said that you weren't taking away rights. Now you are saying that people who are abnormal don't get rights. Tell me how that's not discriminatory.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Hah. If someone put me in their sig, I'd never know. I have sigs off.

  5. #965
    Whoa, daddy!
    MadLib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,224

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    Homophobe is such a stupid term. It is so obviously pseudo-psychoanalytical, meant to give some sort of diagnosis and is therefore, in my opinion, quite sinister.
    It's a common usage term. I'm a student of psychology and I learned that many terms such as "psychopath" "sociopath" are not actually used. Homophobia is more word play than anything else. In a sense however it is correct, the people who are referred to as homophobes often have something nasty to say about homosexuality, and often fear it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Hah. If someone put me in their sig, I'd never know. I have sigs off.

  6. #966
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by MadLib View Post
    Marriage? They shouldn't be allowed to marry while straight people should? That's taking away rights. One group of people can do something that another group can't for the sole reason that the latter group has different genes.
    You got it, no they should not...you are aware why nature or god depending on what you believe in...created females and males right ? you do understand the purpose for that...and you do understand that the purpose of coitus was to reproduce and proliferate the species foremost and that pleasure was introduced only as the incentive for MEN AND WOMEN to desire coupling so they would proliferate life.
    Like it or not..two men and two women having sex has no purpose but lust..which does not make it bad or evil...just not normal and natural and I will not accept homosexual marriage as normal...it is not...

  7. #967
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by MadLib View Post
    It's a common usage term. I'm a student of psychology and I learned that many terms such as "psychopath" "sociopath" are not actually used. Homophobia is more word play than anything else. In a sense however it is correct, the people who are referred to as homophobes often have something nasty to say about homosexuality, and often fear it.
    Guess what...your explanation does not apply to me...I have no animostity whatso ever for homosexuals...I do not loathe them hate them or even feel at all uncomfortable around them...that has absolutely nothing to do with my believing its abnormal and unnatural to be homosexual that doesnt mean they are evil or bad people...it means exactly what it says...PERIOD

  8. #968
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by MadLib View Post
    You before said that you weren't taking away rights. Now you are saying that people who are abnormal don't get rights. Tell me how that's not discriminatory.
    Why cant you understand that im not taking away anything they have...Im just not for giving them something they are demanding that I dont believe they should have...

  9. #969
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    You will certainly have to run the last two sentences by me again. Presumably the person will try and make an argument about what is right or proper or natural and not just assert it.
    The term "Normal" is being used in the premises, while the conclusion is about the morality of the thing which they have deemed to be normal or abnormal in the premise. In these situations, the argument begs the question.

  10. #970
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Lieing to me and about me wont work CC...Ive answered your question more than a few times...and sadly but understandably you cannot answer mine...to do so would make you look wrong and ridiculous...I understand your reluctance...but you shall not got off easily...now all you have to do is answer the question.

    Define how Homosexuality is normal
    Why does it matter if homosexuality is normal or not?

Page 97 of 124 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •