Page 69 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 1236

Thread: Just Plain Wrong

  1. #681
    Whoa, daddy!
    MadLib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,224

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Define how homosexuality is normal
    Not normal does not equate immoral.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Hah. If someone put me in their sig, I'd never know. I have sigs off.

  2. #682
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Don't want to get into whether the pile-on is deserved (I've read the posts and understand the frustrations); I'm just saying that stooping to pile-on level doesn't exactly contribute to a civil discourse and is...stooping.
    I disagree. Pile-ons can actually facilitate civil discourse. You see, when someone is incompetent and dishonest, they are, by their very nature, an impediment to civil discourse. Not challenging them on their incompetence and dishonesty makes one a party to the incompetent dishonesty. If I have the capacity to remove an impediment, but choose not to because I fear that my efforts might get me "dirty", then I am just as guilty of impeding as the impediment is.


    You've heard the only saying about not wallowing in the mud with a pig, right? The pig likes it, but you both get dirty?
    The point of that cliche is to illustrate the fact that engaging in the same behavior as someone makes you essentially the same as that person.

    For it to be analogous in this circumstance, those who are involved in the pile-on would have to be engaging in incompetent dishonesty as well. A more analogous example would be if the person is not wallowing in the mud with the pig, but instead attempting to capture said pig in order to humanely slaughter it so that they can provide a ham dinner for the less fortunate.

    The pig wrangler will still get dirty, but for the right reasons.

  3. #683
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Define how homosexuality is normal
    Here are the definitions of Normal from Websters:

    1: perpendicular; especially : perpendicular to a tangent at a point of tangency

    2 a : according with, constituting, or not deviating from a norm, rule, or principle b : conforming to a type, standard, or regular pattern

    3 : occurring naturally <normal immunity>

    4 a : of, relating to, or characterized by average intelligence or development b : free from mental disorder : sane

    5 of a solution : having a concentration of one gram equivalent of solute per liter b : containing neither basic hydroxyl nor acid hydrogen <normal silver phosphate> c : not associated <normal molecules> d : having a straight-chain structure <normal butyl alcohol>

    6 of a subgroup : having the property that every coset produced by operating on the left by a given element is equal to the coset produced by operating on the right by the same element

    7 : relating to, involving, or being a normal curve or normal distribution <normal approximation to the binomial distribution>

    8 of a matrix : having the property of commutativity under multiplication by the transpose of the matrix each of whose elements is a conjugate complex number with respect to the corresponding element of the given matrix
    Normal - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

    Of those, only 2 and 3 can realistically be used in the context of your question.

    If one uses definition 2, homosexuality is not normal, but neither is high intellect.

    If one uses definition 3, then it is normal since it does occur naturally (unless all gay people are secretly robots, of course.).

    It's a very simple question.



    The problem with the "homosexuality is/is not normal" debate is that only an idiot assumes normal = good, abnormal = bad.

    But since it is undeniably normal to be an idiot (using both of the aforementioned definitions), lots of people think that way. Which is something I would argue is bad, thus giving a very pointed example of the veracity of the argument that normal =/= good.

  4. #684
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    Society in general has no objection to it's members being "different" providing those differences have either a positive or static impact on civilization and in no way presents a threat to it's overall welfare.

    You people demand evidence of societies rejection of immorality, evidence of what is normal, evidence of what is immoral and how it affects society, in a frantical-fanatical-semantical effort to twist facts, confuse reality and legitimize perversion.

    I believe I've made it quite clear that I don't wish to play your silly word games__The point of this thread was of a shy timid little boy, forced to be a pawn by a selfish mother to publicly attack someone who dissagrees with her social policies.

    If anyone would care to comment on this I would be happy to join in, but if your only objective is to legitimize homosexuality by demanding acceptance from normal people, you can count me out___Bye-Bye!
    So, since you are claiming somehow that gays "present a threat to it's overall welfare", it being society, you should of course be able to show how? Or does this mean you are running away?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #685
    Whoa, daddy!
    MadLib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,224

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So, since you are claiming somehow that gays "present a threat to it's overall welfare", it being society, you should of course be able to show how? Or does this mean you are running away?
    She sees a debate on the issue looming. Wouldn't want to have a debate here, now would we?
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Hah. If someone put me in their sig, I'd never know. I have sigs off.

  6. #686
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,662

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Questions on a loop require answers on a loop

    I for one am tired of looping answers

    My final loop will be, "count me out".
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

  7. #687
    Whoa, daddy!
    MadLib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,224

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    Questions on a loop require answers on a loop

    I for one am tired of looping answers

    My final loop will be, "count me out".
    Getting tired of debating, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Hah. If someone put me in their sig, I'd never know. I have sigs off.

  8. #688
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    I have to do it.. it just fits so well here.

    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  9. #689
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    Questions on a loop require answers on a loop

    I for one am tired of looping answers

    My final loop will be, "count me out".
    Is running away from the harsh reality that you don't have an intelligent position something that you consider "moral"?

  10. #690
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    Questions on a loop require answers on a loop

    I for one am tired of looping answers

    My final loop will be, "count me out".
    The problem has been you have refused to answer questions actually identifying your position beyond a string a buzzwords.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •