Page 40 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 1236

Thread: Just Plain Wrong

  1. #391
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    The simple truth of the matter is, society will fair much better if we remain ignorant of each others perversions and believing that all of our neighbors are moral upstanding citizens of the community.
    None of which really stated whether or not you think oral sex or anal sex when engaged upon by heterosexuals are "unnatural sex acts".

    And I understand your point. YOU think its a perversion, they're not keeping it locked away like a deep dark secret, and thus society must deal with the fact some people are like this and you dislike it because some of them are really over the top. Well you know what, I think people proclaiming the will of god in regards to his "hate" is immoral. I think that people proclaiming tha god condoned 9/11 is immoral. I think people slandering our troops is immoral. Those are the "extreme" example of the people on YOUR side of this debate...does that mean we shouldn't take your arguments seriously because the extreme portion of your side is showing their immorality for all the world to see?

  2. #392
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,662

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Why is it you seem to always assume the problem is with others? Orientation, it's other people who are wrong, not you. Misunderstanding, it's other people's fault they did not understand your words, not your fault for your poor presentation. What this thread has revealed is problems with you, not with gays.

    I am going to go out on a limb and bet you blame my post here on my being PC.
    My assumption is based on common sense_
    Originally Posted by Empirica

    How could you have found the answer to your first question without finding the answer to this question?
    _which seems quite obvious by the wording of the post in question.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Your posts are written in a way that they are filled with logical fallacies. Further, your explanations are based solely on your own moral relativism. My guess is that he is wondering how your morality developed in the way that it has.
    FACT!__They are only logical fallacies when judged by the standards of Political Correctness.

    And are based on the moral relativism of a segment of society which has not yet been corrupted by Political Correctness.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    What can a doctor do about dyslexia?
    uthanasia

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    You know what's interesting about that, it can't really be considered typo (although people will call it such incorrectly all the time) because the I and the A are nowhere near each other on the keyboard.

    But I've noticed some interesting things about typing. I know the correct their/they're/there for every occasion because it's very simple grammar to know that, but I often type out the wrong one. All the time.

    Whenever I see that I've done it, I think "Why do you keep doing that, Tucker? It's a simple grammatical rule and it shouldn't be all that difficult". Maybe it's because my fingers are dumber than cat****. They seem to type phonetically based on what I hear myself saying in my head rather than according to what it should be. If my fingers hear "they're", they use whatever version of the word they're interested in using at that moment. It's quite fascinating. Same thing happens with pretty much every homophone you can think of.

    But another theory I have is that my fingers are getting me back for all the times I've broken them. I think they are still pissed off about that.

    Anyway, the point I'm getting at is that it would be very hypocritical of me to comment on an error in spelling or typing, since I am as guilty as anyone of making extremely stupid mistakes in this regard.

    But I can comment on telling someone to see a doctor about dyslexia. A comment like that implies that one is confused about the difference between dyslexia and dysentery, which could actually be a sign that they themselves have a problem with the former, hypothetically speaking. Especially when the spelling error preceding the comment is taken into account.

    Which would really be ironic.
    Do you know whats even more interesting?

    When someone resorts to pointing out spelling errors in a desperate attempt to appear more intelligent than an obviously superior adversary.

    (please point out to CaptainCourtesy that there's yet another mispelling in my reply to your "What can a doctor do about dyslexia" post, in case his ego is desperate for another boost)
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

  3. #393
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    My assumption is based on common sense_
    Common sense is not an argument, or a valid assumption, at all.

    FACT!__They are only logical fallacies when judged by the standards of Political Correctness.
    False. A fallacy is a fallacy.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  4. #394
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Golden City of the Risen Dead
    Last Seen
    10-05-12 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    4,310

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    My assumption is based on common sense_
    _which seems quite obvious by the wording of the post in question.

    FACT!__They are only logical fallacies when judged by the standards of Political Correctness.

    And are based on the moral relativism of a segment of society which has not yet been corrupted by Political Correctness.

    uthanasia

    Do you know whats even more interesting?

    When someone resorts to pointing out spelling errors in a desperate attempt to appear more intelligent than an obviously superior adversary.

    (please point out to CaptainCourtesy that there's yet another mispelling in my reply to your "What can a doctor do about dyslexia" post, in case his ego is desperate for another boost)

    Lol lol lol lol lol...

  5. #395
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Yet you don't seem to care if heteros don't. Why?
    Lets not be obtuse. Its rather evident what she thinks regarding this. Heterosexuality is not a "perversion" and thus is okay to be seen in public. Homsexuality is a "perversion" and thus shouldn't be shown. Much like it may seem that she would think holding hands isn't a "perversion" but going down on a girl is, so it'd be okay to talk about holding hands in public but we shouldn't let people know or even suggest that anyone ever would lick a girl.

  6. #396
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    uthanasia
    That seems to be an irrational reaction to a generally manageable condition.

    Do you know whats even more interesting?

    When someone resorts to pointing out spelling errors in a desperate attempt to appear more intelligent than an obviously superior adversary.
    You have an overinflated sense of your own superiority. If you really were intellectually superior, you'd realize that he was not pointing out a spelling error in order to appear more intelligent than you, he was pointing out the irony of your spelling error being present in that particular statement.

    That's a key distinction. A truly superior opponent would be able to recognize that distinction, instead of making the intellectual error you have made here by failing to recognize said distinction.

  7. #397
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    uthanasia
    It's spelled youthanasia.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  8. #398
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Golden City of the Risen Dead
    Last Seen
    10-05-12 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    4,310

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    It's spelled youthanasia.
    I thought we were talking about children in Japan...

  9. #399
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    I thought we were talking about children in Japan...
    If Japanese children can actually cure dyslexia, does that mean they are really Esenapaj children?

  10. #400
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:00 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,341
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    My assumption is based on common sense_
    Warning, warning, danger Will Robinson!

    That phrase you put in italics...it is in this case completely wrong. It's common sense to know that when you do not know about something, you should learn about it rather than going on long diatribes about it. It's common sense to write in normal english without random _'s. It's not common sense to assume you are the only smart person around.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 40 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •