Page 39 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 1236

Thread: Just Plain Wrong

  1. #381
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    It was totally relevant because the point I made was a direct cause and effect of liberalism as it related to your post.
    But I'm not a liberal.

    And more importantly, this thread isn't about liberalism. It adds absolutely nothing to your argument to discuss ideology.

    Rather than have me repeat myself, you should research me and find out for yourself.
    Okay. Looks like you think gays are fine as long as they keep it to themselves. Fine. Yet you don't seem to care if heteros don't. Why?
    Last edited by misterman; 12-12-11 at 11:02 PM.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  2. #382
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDan View Post
    It's a lengthy, tiresome document that is tediously drawn up by committee at a party convention, published in the papers, then filed away and completely forgotten.
    Sure, until you find something you don't like in it, then it'll be really really important!
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  3. #383
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,662

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    But I'm not a liberal.

    And more importantly, this thread isn't about liberalism. It adds absolutely nothing to your argument to discuss ideology.



    Okay. Looks like you think gays are fine as long as they keep it to themselves. Fine. Yet you don't seem to care if heteros don't. Why?
    How could you have found the answer to your first question without finding the answer to this question?

    My posts are written so that even those with nothing more than a high school diploma can get the full benefit of my messege.
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

  4. #384
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    How could you have found the answer to your first question without finding the answer to this question?

    My posts are written so that even those with nothing more than a high school diploma can get the full benefit of my messege.
    Why is it you seem to always assume the problem is with others? Orientation, it's other people who are wrong, not you. Misunderstanding, it's other people's fault they did not understand your words, not your fault for your poor presentation. What this thread has revealed is problems with you, not with gays.

    I am going to go out on a limb and bet you blame my post here on my being PC.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #385
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    How could you have found the answer to your first question without finding the answer to this question?

    My posts are written so that even those with nothing more than a high school diploma can get the full benefit of my messege.
    Your posts are written in a way that they are filled with logical fallacies. Further, your explanations are based solely on your own moral relativism. My guess is that he is wondering how your morality developed in the way that it has.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #386
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    (definate dyslexic_see a doctor)
    What can a doctor do about dyslexia?

  7. #387
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    What can a doctor do about dyslexia?
    Beyond that... and I NEVER do this, I find it ironic that someone accuses another of being dyslexic and then spells the word "definite" wrong.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #388
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    What can a doctor do about dyslexia?
    Diagnose it. There are ways to minimize it's impact as well, though none are hugely effective that I know of.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #389
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Beyond that... and I NEVER do this, I find it ironic that someone accuses another of being dyslexic and then spells the word "definite" wrong.
    You know what's interesting about that, it can't really be considered typo (although people will call it such incorrectly all the time) because the I and the A are nowhere near each other on the keyboard.

    But I've noticed some interesting things about typing. I know the correct their/they're/there for every occasion because it's very simple grammar to know that, but I often type out the wrong one. All the time.

    Whenever I see that I've done it, I think "Why do you keep doing that, Tucker? It's a simple grammatical rule and it shouldn't be all that difficult". Maybe it's because my fingers are dumber than cat****. They seem to type phonetically based on what I hear myself saying in my head rather than according to what it should be. If my fingers hear "they're", they use whatever version of the word they're interested in using at that moment. It's quite fascinating. Same thing happens with pretty much every homophone you can think of.

    But another theory I have is that my fingers are getting me back for all the times I've broken them. I think they are still pissed off about that.

    Anyway, the point I'm getting at is that it would be very hypocritical of me to comment on an error in spelling or typing, since I am as guilty as anyone of making extremely stupid mistakes in this regard.

    But I can comment on telling someone to see a doctor about dyslexia. A comment like that implies that one is confused about the difference between dyslexia and dysentery, which could actually be a sign that they themselves have a problem with the former, hypothetically speaking. Especially when the spelling error preceding the comment is taken into account.

    Which would really be ironic.

  10. #390
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Diagnose it. There are ways to minimize it's impact as well, though none are hugely effective that I know of.
    The definite diagnosis was already made, though, by an internet amateur. At that point, seeing a doctor would be of no benefit. Seeing an internet amateur special ed teacher would be more appropriate, no?

Page 39 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •