Page 33 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 1236

Thread: Just Plain Wrong

  1. #321
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,300

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    I will readily acnkowledge that there are some that want anti-sodom. There are very few when compared to the number of right wing christians. There are hard-liners in any camp (including the pro-gay group). Those hard liners do not make up the marjority opinion of said camp. your point was that right wing christians wanted X. I indicated it was not very many (as taken in the context of the total number of right wing christians) that want x.

    You are the one that said we were arguing minutia, because I was adding facts to the conversation. I simply summarized your statement.
    So now you didn't say facts=minutia and you are the one adding facts?

    I'm done with you.

  2. #322
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    That particular point is just a carry-over from when the party did care.
    Oh, come on. What an even lamer excuse.

    Additionally, if no candidate is running on that point or chose that point as one of their 10, then those “evil righty Christians” just aren’t forcing everyone to live by the bible.
    Sure, but the Texas GOP officially wants them to.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  3. #323
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    So now you didn't say facts=minutia and you are the one adding facts?

    I'm done with you.
    I added facts to the conversation. And in response to the facts, you indicated we were arguing minutia. So, I summarized your point by saying facts = minutia. To make my point better, I should have said "to you facts = minutia", I just left out the "to you" part.

  4. #324
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Oh, come on. What an even lamer excuse.
    The official TX GOP position is that it is just a carry-over. They have stated this on record. They are not actively pursuing it.

    Sure, but the Texas GOP officially wants them to.
    Don't you find it odd that very few, and probably no, TX GOP candidates are running on the item that the Texas GOP "officially" wants?

  5. #325
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    The official TX GOP position is that it is just a carry-over. They have stated this on record. They are not actively pursuing it.
    That's an even bigger load of horse****. If they aren't "actively pursuing it" they should remove it. It's pathetic political weaseling, and you're participating in it too.

    Don't you find it odd that very few, and probably no, TX GOP candidates are running on the item that the Texas GOP "officially" wants?
    I don't care. The TX GOP is on record. So the point about the party is made, and undeniable, about the party.

    I'd like to see each candidate confronted with their views on it though. Not choosing it on a list isn't the same thing as disavowing it.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  6. #326
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    That's an even bigger load of horse****. If they aren't "actively pursuing it" they should remove it. It's pathetic political weaseling, and you're participating in it too.



    I don't care. The TX GOP is on record. So the point about the party is made, and undeniable, about the party.

    I'd like to see each candidate confronted with their views on it though. Not choosing it on a list isn't the same thing as disavowing it.
    Regardless of your opinion on it, the fact is that no candidate is running on it and no legislation has been introduced or is pending, so the "evil right wing christians" aren't attempting to force anti-sodom on everyone. Society has moved on. Just as it will, eventually, move on regarding the issue of marriage.

  7. #327
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    This was plastered at the top of the Yahoo web page when I clicked on___It made me angry when I watched it, which is an emotion I rarely experience.
    LOL. You display anger in nearly every post.

    It's quite obvious this timid little boy is very uncomfortable with the situation his selfish and insensitive mother has forced upon him and possibly even embarrassed by her lifestyle.
    So you disapprove of this too?



    Raised to Hate: Kids of Westboro Baptist Church - ABC News

    And you don't know that he's "embarrassed by her lifestyle."
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  8. #328
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Regardless of your opinion on it, the fact is that no candidate is running on it and no legislation has been introduced or is pending, so the "evil right wing christians" aren't attempting to force anti-sodom on everyone. Society has moved on. Just as it will, eventually, move on regarding the issue of marriage.
    You're still doing it.

    The Texas GOP is still on record as supporting making it illegal. You can't deny that. Just move on.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  9. #329
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    You're still doing it.

    The Texas GOP is still on record as supporting making it illegal. You can't deny that. Just move on.
    There is zero legislative action in that direction. So, I can deny it. Just being in the platform, when no one is working for it to happen is meaningless. It's difficult to remove items from the platform, which is the reason it's still there and the reason that the TX GOP has indicated it's simply carryover from before the SC ruled on the issue.
    Last edited by buck; 12-12-11 at 11:48 AM.

  10. #330
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,662

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Depends how you define "decent people", "morally corrupt", "sick perversions", and "demand acceptance and legitimacy".

    Also, "brainwashed", "political correctness", "independent thought", and "common sense".

    Many people, I would guess (based on this post), disagree with your definitions.
    No doubt you are correct___Those who are owned by Political Correctness strongly disagree with me.

    Disagreeing with morality, common decency and common sense is part of PC programming and indoctrination.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    Honestly, it sounds like you really could care a whole lot less.
    Honestly, I couldn't__As a matter of fact, I believe discussing this non-issue is a huge waste of time considering the serious problems the United States and the world is now facing.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    As soon as you used the term, "decent people" your entire post became a logical fallacy and irrelevant.
    Had I agreed with your PC programmed position, you would have thought it logical and relevant.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Bull****. You care deeply, as the rest of your post shows.

    Mind your own damn business. Get out of the sex lives of other people.
    It would be easier done than said if 'those people' would stop injecting their immorality into society.

    If legitamcy is given to homosexuals, it will open the door to all manor of perversions from marrying children to farm animals and pets, for which political correctness will take up their cause.
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

Page 33 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •