Page 26 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 1236

Thread: Just Plain Wrong

  1. #251
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Suggesting animals do it is not peoples explanation for why its "okay"

    Suggesting animals do it is peoples, correct, counter that its "Unnatural" IE something not existing in nature.

    Its a counter to the notion that being gay is BAD because its unnatural, not stating that it is GOOD because it is natural.
    Animals hump legs and sniff stranger's butts. I assume that we as a society should just start accepting this naturalbehavior from other people. Note: I am not arguing if homo sexuality is natural or unnatural, I am only stating that justifying something by the actions of some frigging dumb ass animals is a nutty thing to do. There are all types of adhorrent behaviours we can find animals doing - attempting to justify humans doing the same thing is not something I would want to do.

  2. #252
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,990

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Animals hump legs and sniff stranger's butts. I assume that we as a society should just start accepting this naturalbehavior from other people.
    Again, this is a strawman.

    No one is suggesting that "Because its natural we should accept it". What people ARE suggesting is that "Because its UNNATURAL we should not accept it" and then people are pointing out "No, you're wrong, it is natural as it does occur in nature".

    Let me explain it another way because you seem to have a SIGNIFICANT problem grasping this.

    One person says "Basketball sucks because its not a sport".
    A second person points out "Actually, basketball is a sport".

    That second person is not saying "Basketball is good because its a sport", he's simply pointing out that the REASON person 1 is saying it sucks ("That its not a sport") is incorrect.

    Same thing here.

    One person says "We shouldn't accept homosexuals, its unnatural"
    Second person says "Actually, it is natural".

    That is not saying "Homosexuality should be accepted because its natural", its simply pointing out the REASON person one is saying it shouldn't be accepted ("because its unnatural") is not correct.

    If YOU want to make the argument that "Homosexuality shouldn't be accepted because [some reason or opinion that is not factually incorrect]" then more power to you. However, pointing out that someone is wrong that its unnatural is not suggesting that all natural things are bad. If you have a problem with people pointing out when someone makes a factually incorrect argument perhaps you should focus more on those that are making said argument.

  3. #253
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Why is it in the most liberal state California all the polls said the majority of people was for gay marriage...and when it came to a vote it was VOTED DOWN...an california if not THEY most populated state with homosexuals its in the top 3.
    Because black people, as a group, tend to be giant homophobes. It's not really a secret in political circles. Black people tend to be socially conservative and politically liberal, unless gay people are involved.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 12-10-11 at 04:38 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #254
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,724

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Oh-oh. Now you're going to have a lot of your pro-GM friends start asking why you are here. They only like to debate opinions, apparently.
    No, most of the better pro-GM posters debate the position using facts and logic, pretty exclusively. The only occasional question comes from the interpretation of those facts.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #255
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,724

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    The sight of hundreds of men gayly parading down a public city street in broad daylight dressed only in ladies pumps, panties and makeup with fluffy boas and colorful feathered head-dress tends to make many people question the seriousness of their oppression.
    It is pretty silly and naive to associate all gays with those who march in parades.

    Not to mention, they are one of the most financially successful groups in America__The homosexual lifestyle is based entirely on unnatural sex acts, which most people have no problem with as long as they are not being forced to accept it as anything but what it is__Sick perversion.
    Unnatural sex acts. Please define natural in the context of this discussion.

    Sick perversion. You do understand that your use of this terminology is nothing but your own subjective value of homosexuality, a subjective opinion that is completely worthless when presenting it masked as a fact.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #256
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,724

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    ahh you didnt disappoint me your favorite topic...and NO you have asked me the same question 20 times and ive answered it 3 and I shall not answer it again...define normal....and sorry Captain but my opinion counts to me alot more than yours does...
    Im going to make this short then take my leave...half of america or more thinks like me...so my opinion is just as right as yours if not more so...bye
    I never said your opinion was valueless. I said it was valueless when you try to pretend it is a fact. And of course you won't/can't answer my question about normal, honestly. If you did, you would have to admit that your position isn't factually based, but based on opinion, morals, or just personal feelings. All fine, but not factual.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #257
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,724

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Oh, and just to let those on the pro-GM side know... using information about other species is pretty irrelevant when discussing human homosexuality and whether or not it is natural. There are FAR better ways to prove that position.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #258
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,913

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Well yes actually it was and still is. How so very right wing of you. Trying to tell me what or how I think.

    There's a huge difference between living one's life according to one's beliefs and supporting legislation so that others live their lives like you. I realize that many righties can't grasp that concept. Clearly you're having a great deal of difficulty. But most righties don't seem to have a problem cashing those religious right checks.

    And yet you so easily tell me what I'm thinking? Priceless.

    I'm sure they will be lining up. Honestly, it's hilarious that you are buying this steamy pile you're shoveling here.
    There is also a huge difference between accepting homosexuality as normal and trying to legislate and redefine "marriage," which liberals seem very eager to do despite the fact that in the history of humankind, gay "marriage" has not been the status quo.

    You seem to think that legislation that supports your POV is okay, so why wouldn't it be okay for those who disagree to oppose said legislation?

  9. #259
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    One person says "We shouldn't accept homosexuals, its unnatural"
    Second person says "Actually, it is natural".
    The overall point that you seemed to miss while trying to be condescending, was that homosexuality as practiced by animals and homosexuality as practiced by humans are not even close to the same. For example, penguins will act as a gay couple when there is not any other opposite sex penguin available. They will often leave their same sex coupling when opposite sexed penguins are introduced. They are not really gay, in the sense that you seem to be arguing. So, your little diatribe, doesn't prove that homosexuality as practiced by humans is natural.
    Last edited by buck; 12-10-11 at 11:25 AM.

  10. #260
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,299

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    There is also a huge difference between accepting homosexuality as normal and trying to legislate and redefine "marriage," which liberals seem very eager to do despite the fact that in the history of humankind, gay "marriage" has not been the status quo.
    For most of history slavery was accepted and legal in most of the world. So please, when you want to drudge up desperate arguments, you'll have to do better. The very idea is that as Americans we are better than that.

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    You seem to think that legislation that supports your POV is okay, so why wouldn't it be okay for those who disagree to oppose said legislation?
    I have made my position clear. I oppose legislation that forces me, or others to behave in a certain way. Gay marriage has no impact on me. I'm not gay. Two people who love each other and want to be married living their lives as legal, law abiding, tax paying citizens impacts me negatively how? What they do in their bedroom impacts me how?

    Or you?

    See that's that's the heart of this. Righties want to prevent two people from getting married. A marriage that has no impact on them. None.

    And for what? To satisfy your religious beliefs?

    No thanks. Keep your religion out of their bedroom. And mine.

    Besides, the term marriage is a joke anyway. Over half fail. So why should we as a society prevent others from the right to be miserable?

Page 26 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •