Page 18 of 124 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 1236

Thread: Just Plain Wrong

  1. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Yes, if only I had the courage to be intolerant. Because intolerance is so very difficult.
    And I will correct your misapplication of words. Intolerance is the incapacity to endure/refusal to tolerate others' opinions. Do I hear you and understand your opinion? Yes. Do you see me burning people at the stake, like the intolerable Spanish Inquisition? No, you don't. Are you incorrect? Are you misusing words? Yes, quite frankly, you are. This known, your post I am responding to is completely wrong and invalid. Need I quote from an actual dictionary of mine, or more? Maybe give some historical examples of actual intolerance?

  2. #172
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    No, the comparison is good. You just don't like it.
    Your just another homosexual cheerleader ..im done reading your no comparision comparisons...
    Last edited by lpast; 12-08-11 at 09:31 PM.

  3. #173
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    I can only tell you what the law is. The law is that states have the right to not allow one man to marry another man. I don't care about your opinion on the subject.
    Precisely and HE has to live with that...

  4. #174
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Why are you here?
    Mainly for facts. You can show someone facts that they may not be aware of, which could potentially result in a change of opinion or even I may learn a new fact I hadn't otherwise known. However, more times then not, people of differing opinions will just find a way to incorporate that new fact into their belief or ignore the new fact if they cant incorporate it (the theory behind cognitive dissonance). Arguing over an opinion when all facts are known and agreed to - pointless. Do you think there is anythign I can say to convince you that banning gay marriage is constitutional? Likewise, do you think there is any possibility that you will change LPAST's or my opinions that it isn't?Reminds me of a discussion I had with someone on Governor Walker. He was very upset that Walker was allegedly kicked out of college for cheating. This was very concerning to him. How could we have a cheater working in the government? So, I pointed out to him that Walker wasn't really expelled for cheating (basically just a rumor started by far left), but Ted Kennedy was documented to have been exelled for cheating. Think that changed his mind on Walker or Kennedy? No, he still hated Walker (and viewed him as a cheater) and loved Kennedy. With all the facts out there, what's possible to be gained from further discussion on that topic?
    Last edited by buck; 12-08-11 at 10:16 PM.

  5. #175
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,323

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    And I will correct your misapplication of words.
    You're going to have to get up a little earlier and bring your lunch pail if you want to school me.


    Intolerance is the incapacity to endure/refusal to tolerate others' opinions.
    Yes it is. But it is also the following...

    intolerant (ɪnˈtɒlərənt)
    adj (foll by of )
    1. lacking respect for practices and beliefs other than one's own
    2. not able or willing to tolerate or endure: intolerant of noise
    Intolerance | Define Intolerance at Dictionary.com
    Definition of INTOLERANT

    1
    : unable or unwilling to endure

    2
    a : unwilling to grant equal freedom of expression especially in religious mattersb : unwilling to grant or share social, political, or professional rights : bigoted

    3
    : exhibiting physiological intolerance <lactose intolerant>

    in·tol·er·ant·ly adverb
    in·tol·er·ant·ness noun

    Intolerant - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary



    Do I hear you and understand your opinion? Yes.
    Actually you do not. As I just clearly pointed out.

    Do you see me burning people at the stake, like the intolerable Spanish Inquisition? No, you don't.
    Wow, you haven't murdered a homosexual? How noble of you.

    Are you incorrect? Are you misusing words? Yes, quite frankly, you are.
    Ummmm No. Try again.


    This known, your post I am responding to is completely wrong and invalid
    .

    Wrong yet again. You're really good at that.

    Need I quote from an actual dictionary of mine, or more?
    What dictionary would that be? The "Coulter Bachmann" Version? Seriously, you're embarrassing yourself here.
    Last edited by Top Cat; 12-08-11 at 10:40 PM.

  6. #176
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,662

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Your post has the tone of a disgusting bigot homophobe.

    Bachmann was forced to face the children she hurts when she spews vile hateful crap from her ignorant mouth.

    Of course the kid was nervous. He was confronting a monster. I hateful mean women, living in denial about her own life, her own sham marriage to man who is obviously gay.

    Homophobes need to realize that their ignorant bigoted words harm the children of gays. Harm the parents and extended families of gays. Their anti-gay attitude trickles down to their supporters just like the Southern Dems in the 1960s promoted racism. These 'Family First' groups that push for anti-gay legislation is are just watered down KKKs. Every law banning gay marriage needs to be struck down. Laws banning gay couples from adopting need to be struck down.

    This country needs to move forward. We do this by confronting the worst of us, like Bachmann, show them the hurt and pain caused by their ignorant words and actions.

    Come on, Babs, you love kids so much, explain to the little boy whey his mother is a barbarian.

    That loopy bitch is a disgrace to the House of Reps.
    "Your post has the tone" of an ignorant liberal who is void of original and independent thought that has abandoned their common sense for political correctness upon which they have blindly based their entire philosophy of life.

    You are owned by those who think for you___A total waste of a human mind.
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

  7. #177
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Candler Park, ATL
    Last Seen
    12-11-11 @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    69

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    "Your post has the tone" of an ignorant liberal who is void of original and independent thought that has abandoned their common sense for political correctness upon which they have blindly based their entire philosophy of life.

    You are owned by those who think for you___A total waste of a human mind.
    Couldn't agree more. I mean, he was acting like gay people actually deserve the same opportunities as heterosexuals.

    Laughable to say the least.

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Golden City of the Risen Dead
    Last Seen
    10-05-12 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    4,310

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    "Your post has the tone" of an ignorant liberal who is void of original and independent thought that has abandoned their common sense for political correctness upon which they have blindly based their entire philosophy of life.

    You are owned by those who think for you___A total waste of a human mind.
    CLASSIC Empirica. Never a word of explanation or defense. Just attacks, accusations and belittlement in that snobby tone.

  9. #179
    200M yrs of experience
    Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southeastern USA
    Last Seen
    05-07-12 @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,166

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    what's with the half a great-grandkid?
    One in the oven - due in May.

  10. #180
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,202

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    What I'm curious about on this thread is how many of those opining actually have kids.
    I have 2. Of course my kids aren't shy at all. If I told them why I disagree with Bachmann, my son would probably march right up to her and start asking her why she doesn't like other people. Just the way he is. When we were on our way home with them, he walked right up to a guy in the Atlanta airport and started talking to him -- in Russian. (Which this gentleman, being American, didn't really understand too well!)


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •