Page 17 of 124 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 1236

Thread: Just Plain Wrong

  1. #161
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Are you going to say that having children recite the national anthem is the exact same thing as the woman in this topic, who used her child as a political pawn, is the exact same thing?
    Why does it have to be political? Do you think she would have done this with Governor McGreevy?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  2. #162
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Use a qualifier on those statements or else be deemed guilty of using logical fallacies. Logically, you are not to demonize a group based on the actions of individuals within that group. If that holds for the OWS, then you can be sure that holds for conservatives.
    A qualifier, "from what I've observed, the tone of their political speech seems to indicate..."

    Happy, pappy?

  3. #163
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    So, why come to a political discussion forum?I think that post is very telling.Conservatives don't want to talk about it, they don't want to hear about it, they don't want to be confronted by anything that might challenge their world view. Psychologically, the far-right must be dealing with a lot of fear and insecurity, the way they cling their belief system like a favorite blanket. It almost as if the beliefs give them a sense of self--"I'm with this group, we believe", a sense of belonging to something and finding purpose.
    What is the point about debating opinion? I'll never change yours, just as you'll never change mine. Deal with the facts. The facts are that the states currently have the right to make the decision for themselves. The constitutional question is not set to either side. I think that there have been two posts in this thread that make that fairly clear. Arguing opinion is pointless. Although, I certainly get why liberal would want to do that. Facts are not often on their side so they like to appeal to emotion - such as this gay mother and putting her 8 year old child up to this stunt.
    Last edited by buck; 12-08-11 at 05:25 PM.

  4. #164
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,263

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    Like what?

    the fact she thought the US had an embassy in Iran springs to mind.

  5. #165
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,308

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    First off, I disagree with homosexuality for religious reasons.
    Gotta love the intolerance of religion. How so very pathetic.

  6. #166
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Gotta love the intolerance of religion. How so very pathetic.
    You're entitled to your craven opinion.
    Last edited by Wake; 12-08-11 at 08:10 PM.

  7. #167
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    What is the point about debating opinion?
    Why are you here?
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  8. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    You're entitled to your craven opinion.
    It's a fact. Organized religion can be extremely intolerant... Despite teaching and praising the opposite.
    Last edited by hazlnut; 12-08-11 at 08:21 PM.

  9. #169
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,308

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    You're entitled to your craven opinion.
    Yes, if only I had the courage to be intolerant. Because intolerance is so very difficult.

  10. #170
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    It's a fact. Organized religion can be extremely intolerant... Despite teaching and praising the opposite.
    As long as you use qualifiers, you remain valid. Yes, there are some sects of organized religion, such as the WBC and radicalized Muslims that are extremely intolerant. I fear the meanings you and I place on "intolerance" may be different, though. If I view homosexuality as a sin, and voice my opinion on this website or any other medium of communication, that does not make me intolerant. I tolerate them, and cause them no harm. Intolerance would be killing/harming them. One you have a firm understanding of the word "intolerance," your view corrects itself, and we don't need to have these discussions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •