Page 100 of 124 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1236

Thread: Just Plain Wrong

  1. #991
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    You forgot to add "nana nana boo boo".
    nanana booboo bah fongool... ...I have to hand it to all you special interests and cheerleaders...you really beat up the ONE person that disagrees with you in this thread...you ALL have really made an impression on me...IM MORE AGAINST HOMOSEXUAL MARRIAGE now then my first post and im certainly absolutely positive its abnormal and unnatural...all your sarcasm and weak attempts at badgering me have been so effective...LMAO.....pffffffffffft..
    You clowns are too used to starting numerous repetitive homosexual cheerleading threads and having a big circle jerk of slobbering gloating over how normal and wonderful it is and how loving it is and how the big bad homophobic wolves are trying deny US OUR CONSTITUTIONAL rights...without any opposition....then when you do get a little opposition you swish down and attack those who dare OPPOSE WHAT YOU WANT maliciously and relentlessly until they slink away...then you can gloat some more....Lololol
    Kiss my ass...

  2. #992
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    nanana booboo bah fongool... ...I have to hand it to all you special interests and cheerleaders...you really beat up the ONE person that disagrees with you in this thread...you ALL have really made an impression on me...IM MORE AGAINST HOMOSEXUAL MARRIAGE now then my first post and im certainly absolutely positive its abnormal and unnatural...all your sarcasm and weak attempts at badgering me have been so effective...LMAO.....pffffffffffft..
    You clowns are too used to starting numerous repetitive homosexual cheerleading threads and having a big circle jerk of slobbering gloating over how normal and wonderful it is and how loving it is and how the big bad homophobic wolves are trying deny US OUR CONSTITUTIONAL rights...without any opposition....then when you do get a little opposition you swish down and attack those who dare OPPOSE WHAT YOU WANT maliciously and relentlessly until they slink away...then you can gloat some more....Lololol
    Kiss my ass...
    Who cares? What are you going to vote against SSM harder then you normally do or something?

    Face it you dont have an actual argument against SSM.

  3. #993
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    Who cares? What are you going to vote against SSM harder then you normally do or something?

    Face it you dont have an actual argument against SSM.
    I dont have to be against it any harder, its a simple either or... Some people take offense to being badgered and harden up....I personally got tired of the personal attacks by the cheerleaders because I didnt agree with them, I watched the gang up and badger them into submission routine on here more than a couple of times.....If people stay civil with me I am more than civil with them..but I dont take chit from anyone. The piling up doesnt work with me...because I wont engage every post or person..I ignore them...so the piling doesnt work with me...and if the conversation turns stupid, with accusations like Im a liar...or they start putting words in my mouth and saying I meant what I never said...then I get even more stupid in return.....lol...The intimidation by numbers thingy doesnt work with me......Actually I would have avoided these threads like most heterosexuals that arent for homosexual marriage do...but I got pissed off at myself getting some abuse and watching others that didnt agree get abused...so now you gotta live with me whenever I decide to jump in one of these threads and give my opinion ad nauseum...just like you all do

  4. #994
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    I dont have to be against it any harder, its a simple either or... Some people take offense to being badgered and harden up....I personally got tired of the personal attacks by the cheerleaders because I didnt agree with them, I watched the gang up and badger them into submission routine on here more than a couple of times.....If people stay civil with me I am more than civil with them..but I dont take chit from anyone. The piling up doesnt work with me...because I wont engage every post or person..I ignore them...so the piling doesnt work with me...and if the conversation turns stupid, with accusations like Im a liar...or they start putting words in my mouth and saying I meant what I never said...then I get even more stupid in return.....lol...The intimidation by numbers thingy doesnt work with me......Actually I would have avoided these threads like most heterosexuals that arent for homosexual marriage do...but I got pissed off at myself getting some abuse and watching others that didnt agree get abused...so now you gotta live with me whenever I decide to jump in one of these threads and give my opinion ad nauseum...just like you all do
    I didnt start with the personal attacks. You did. And you may say we are ganging up on you but this is a debate site. People are here to debate. Either do it or go somewhere else. So please actually respond to my posts 985 and 986.

  5. #995
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    nanana booboo bah fongool... ...I have to hand it to all you special interests and cheerleaders...you really beat up the ONE person that disagrees with you in this thread...you ALL have really made an impression on me...IM MORE AGAINST HOMOSEXUAL MARRIAGE now then my first post and im certainly absolutely positive its abnormal and unnatural...all your sarcasm and weak attempts at badgering me have been so effective...LMAO.....pffffffffffft..
    You clowns are too used to starting numerous repetitive homosexual cheerleading threads and having a big circle jerk of slobbering gloating over how normal and wonderful it is and how loving it is and how the big bad homophobic wolves are trying deny US OUR CONSTITUTIONAL rights...without any opposition....then when you do get a little opposition you swish down and attack those who dare OPPOSE WHAT YOU WANT maliciously and relentlessly until they slink away...then you can gloat some more....Lololol
    Kiss my ass...
    Stop playing the victim, it's so tacky. You came out of the gates in this thread bragging about how you were never going to change your mind unless you wanted to, logic and reason be damned! I'm not interested in changing your mind since you clearly pointed out that it isn't going to happen. I'm interested in exposing the illogical nature of your arguments because people who can't present a logical argument to support their views are a detriment to a reasonable discussion between people who have not explicitly stated they are closed-minded on the subject.

    Nobody is trying to deny you your constitutional rights. You are free to believe and say whatever you wish. And you can proudly proclaim those beliefs to your heart's content.

    And people will proudly proclaim their views on your positions, too. Rights work both ways. You have a right to say what you want, and people have a right to say what they want about what you have said. If someone wants to call your views disgusting, that is their right. If they want to point out that your views are illogical and irrational, that is their right. You aren't the only person with rights.

    Don't like it? Oh well.

  6. #996
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    I didnt start with the personal attacks. You did. And you may say we are ganging up on you but this is a debate site. People are here to debate. Either do it or go somewhere else. So please actually respond to my posts 985 and 986.
    No..and I dont need you to tell me where I can post and I will not answer your posts..this thread is a 100 pages long..if you think your going to jump in on page 90 something and try to be cute and start the whole debate over again and demand I respond to your same points that Ive answered more than a few times...well your nuts period lol...

  7. #997
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    No..and I dont need you to tell me where I can post and I will not answer your posts..this thread is a 100 pages long..if you think your going to jump in on page 90 something and try to be cute and start the whole debate over again and demand I respond to your same points that Ive answered more than a few times...well your nuts period lol...
    Can you not respond to them? If you cant just say so.

  8. #998
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Stop playing the victim, it's so tacky. You came out of the gates in this thread bragging about how you were never going to change your mind unless you wanted to, logic and reason be damned! I'm not interested in changing your mind since you clearly pointed out that it isn't going to happen. I'm interested in exposing the illogical nature of your arguments because people who can't present a logical argument to support their views are a detriment to a reasonable discussion between people who have not explicitly stated they are closed-minded on the subject.

    Nobody is trying to deny you your constitutional rights. You are free to believe and say whatever you wish. And you can proudly proclaim those beliefs to your heart's content.

    And people will proudly proclaim their views on your positions, too. Rights work both ways. You have a right to say what you want, and people have a right to say what they want about what you have said. If someone wants to call your views disgusting, that is their right. If they want to point out that your views are illogical and irrational, that is their right. You aren't the only person with rights.

    Don't like it? Oh well.
    How many times are you going to say the same thing...yanno tucker I always liked you and thought alot of you...I didnt realize till tonight what your really about..live and learn
    You stated 3 times that I am acting like a victim...your full of ****...you keep saying the same thing over and over and you act like its what meaningful or something ? You keep trying to put words in my mouth and you keep telling me how illogical my arguments are. and I keep telling you politely to kiss my ass...nothings changed...

  9. #999
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,784
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Moderator's Warning:
    Just Plain WrongStop acting like children. Cease with the personal attacks or else.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  10. #1000
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Just Plain Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    How many times are you going to say the same thing...yanno tucker I always liked you and thought alot of you...I didnt realize till tonight what your really about..live and learn
    I've always liked you and I still do. One view that a person holds doesn't change my opinion of them as a person.

    But I'll be the first one to admit that I can be a dick. It's a part of who I am. I'm not afraid to admit that truth.

    You stated 3 times that I am acting like a victim...your full of ****...you keep saying the same thing over and over and you act like its what meaningful or something ?
    It's meaningful, whether or not you want to acknowledge that meaning or not. Your views on how you are being "victimized" are dictating your behavior in this thread.

    You keep trying to put words in my mouth and you keep telling me how illogical my arguments are.
    I'm not putting words into your mouth. I quoted the post where you said you weren't changing your views unless you want to and it's abundantly clear that any attempt to present a logical rebuttal to your stated position will be ignored by you. that people's arguments won't make a lick of difference. I've seen you doing this repeatedly in this thread.

    Your argument is illogical because it is impossible for it to be consistent. First, you have to change the definition of "normal" from one premise to the next in order to make it work.

    Let's look at his quote of yours:

    "If homosexuality was normal...94% of the world would be homosexual and 6% straight..if it was NORMAL for two men or two women to be a MOMMY AND A DADDY there would be no need for both men and women there would be either one or the other"

    In the bolded part, you define normal as being a product of percentages (i.e. normal = common). In the underlined part, you are defining normal as a matter of biology (i.e. normal = natural).

    If we use the same definitions across the entire statement, though, one of the parts would be obviously false. It doesn't matter which one of the definitions we choose.

    This is called the fallacy of equivocation.

    Now, further exacerbating the issue is the fact that normal and abnormal, no matter what definition is used, have no bearing on legality or morality.

    Things that are normal are illegal and are often considered immoral, while things that are abnormal are often legal and can often be consider moral.

    To explain, I will give examples of every type (I am using the two definitions that you have demonstrated n that previous quote). That means my examples will always fit with both definitions):

    Worldwide, unprovoked violence against other people is normal (it is statistically very common, and it is natural). It is also illegal in most instances and most people consider it immoral as well. The "normalness" of it does not prevent it from being illegal or immoral.

    Artificial limbs are abnormal (they are both uncommon and they are not natural). But they are legal and they are certainly not immoral. The fact that they are abnormal does not automatically make them illegal or immoral.

    this demonstrates that the sole criterion that you are using for your arguments plays no discernible role in the things that you are using it to support.

    Now, you might be using "normal" to mean "right or proper". If so, then you are using circular logic to support your position since the premise already contains the conclusion.

    Now, you can go right back to telling me to kiss your ass for explaining that, or you can take a moment to consider your own views critically. Now remember, just because your reasoning is flawed right now doesn't mean your conclusion is automatically flawed. It's hypothetically possible that your conclusion is true, but without valid reasoning to support it, it's totally impossible to make that determination.

    I'm not asking you to change your opinion. I'm asking you to take a serious and objective look at the reasoning you have given for that opinion. I'm asking you to apply that same reasoning to other things besides gay marriage while maintaining a consistent definition of normal (that doesn't mean "moral").

    If you want to believe that homosexuality is unnatural (i.e. that it does not occur in nature), so be it. It's impossible to logically argue that unnatural things are immoral because they are unnatural while typing on a computer, though, because one cannot possibly hold that position while typing on a computer. You can even continue to consider it abnormal. It doesn't matter because whether or not it is abnormal has no bearing on the gay marriage issue, logically speaking.

    As I said, I have no interest in changing your opinion on homosexual marriage. I do want you to take a critical look at your arguments for that opinion, though. But, like I said, you are free to tell me to kiss your ass.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •