Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 75

Thread: Georgetown Students Uncover Vast Underground China Nuke Complex

  1. #1
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,662

    Georgetown Students Uncover Vast Underground China Nuke Complex

    Students Uncover China Nuke Tunnels - Fox News Video - Fox News

    A student researh project uncovers a bit more than they probably expected.

    A vast 3000 mile underground chinese nuclear weapons complex that dwarfs the Great Wall.

    They are now being accused of attempting to spark a US/China nuclear arms race.(by the left no doubt)
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

  2. #2
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Georgetown Students Uncover Vast Underground China Nuke Complex

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    Students Uncover China Nuke Tunnels - Fox News Video - Fox News

    A student researh project uncovers a bit more than they probably expected.

    A vast 3000 mile underground chinese nuclear weapons complex that dwarfs the Great Wall.

    They are now being accused of attempting to spark a US/China nuclear arms race.(by the left no doubt)
    by the left? who is questioning their motives?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  3. #3
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Georgetown Students Uncover Vast Underground China Nuke Complex

    Let's see Russia and the US have had the capacity to annihilate the world for 60 years, asteroids and comets are ever a danger, an escaped bio-weapon of unimaginable virility could be exposed, a super solar flare could send us back to the dark ages by frying all electrical-magnetic components of our infrastructure or an economic catastrophe of monumental proportions could cause utter social collapse and the list of "how we go" is continually growing. My bag of "scary, scary" is over flowingly full. I think we're going to become so confused by all the political issues, until we start running down the street, buck naked wearing our undies on our head, singing "I'd like to be an Oscar Meyer weiner!"

  4. #4
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,662

    Re: Georgetown Students Uncover Vast Underground China Nuke Complex

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    by the left? who is questioning their motives?
    The video mentioned that the students were being accused of attempting to incite a nuclear arms race.

    My reference to the accusers being "the left" was an assumption on my part based on past observations.
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

  5. #5
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Georgetown Students Uncover Vast Underground China Nuke Complex

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    The video mentioned that the students were being accused of attempting to incite a nuclear arms race.

    My reference to the accusers being "the left" was an assumption on my part based on past observations.
    the video mentioned no one in particular. so, you threw out a partisan assumption without any basis in fact.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  6. #6
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Georgetown Students Uncover Vast Underground China Nuke Complex

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Let's see Russia and the US have had the capacity to annihilate the world for 60 years, asteroids and comets are ever a danger, an escaped bio-weapon of unimaginable virility could be exposed, a super solar flare could send us back to the dark ages by frying all electrical-magnetic components of our infrastructure or an economic catastrophe of monumental proportions could cause utter social collapse and the list of "how we go" is continually growing. My bag of "scary, scary" is over flowingly full. I think we're going to become so confused by all the political issues, until we start running down the street, buck naked wearing our undies on our head, singing "I'd like to be an Oscar Meyer weiner!"
    welcome, grip. i have to say, this really does not concern me as i can't imagine our gov't didn't already know.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  7. #7
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,733

    Re: Georgetown Students Uncover Vast Underground China Nuke Complex

    Where did by the left come in?

    Being surprised that China has an amazing nuclear arsenal doesn't surprise me. To see them blow off international treaties doesn't surprise me. In whole...not surprised.

    The idea that this would start an arms race when the US is spending more money on its military since WWII doesn't really jive.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  8. #8
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,662

    Re: Georgetown Students Uncover Vast Underground China Nuke Complex

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Let's see Russia and the US have had the capacity to annihilate the world for 60 years, asteroids and comets are ever a danger, an escaped bio-weapon of unimaginable virility could be exposed, a super solar flare could send us back to the dark ages by frying all electrical-magnetic components of our infrastructure or an economic catastrophe of monumental proportions could cause utter social collapse and the list of "how we go" is continually growing. My bag of "scary, scary" is over flowingly full. I think we're going to become so confused by all the political issues, until we start running down the street, buck naked wearing our undies on our head, singing "I'd like to be an Oscar Meyer weiner!"
    Well then, I suppose we should just stop the practice of posting breaking news and all other information regarding world current events and close up shop here at DebatePolitics.

    According to grip, we have apparently amassed enough likely disasters to satisfy our paranoia untill armagedden...Everybody have a nice life, however much is left of it anyway.
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

  9. #9
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Georgetown Students Uncover Vast Underground China Nuke Complex

    Here's more:

    http://defensetech.org/2011/11/30/ch...an-we-thought/

    Well, frankly I think the assertion that they have more nukes than thought, is premature.

    On Georgetown Team's China Claims: More Tunnels, Yes. More Nukes? Not Necessarily. - China Real Time Report - WSJ

    However these tunnels are not without their fundamental flaw. Remember the axiom of General Patton that,

    Fixed fortifications are a monument to the stupidity of man.
    Last edited by American; 12-02-11 at 12:55 PM.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #10
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,662

    Re: Georgetown Students Uncover Vast Underground China Nuke Complex

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    the video mentioned no one in particular. so, you threw out a partisan assumption without any basis in fact.
    Correct, as I clearly stated in my 1st reply, my assumption was "based on past observations", not facts.

    Explaining things to liberals is like explaining things to children...Repeticious!...Why do I waste my time?!
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •