Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 75

Thread: Georgetown Students Uncover Vast Underground China Nuke Complex

  1. #21
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Georgetown Students Uncover Vast Underground China Nuke Complex

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. The only thing in your post that isn't completely wrong is the point about China's financial influence.
    Here's a link to the article about our new "high speed" bomb. Wrong?

    Hypersonic bomb: One-hour delivery? | Crave - CNET

    And you don't believe that the intelligence agencies have satellites spying on military installations almost continuously, really? And of course I had hoped anybody reading the part about taking a photo and destroying it before it launched would pick up on the "sarcastic exaggeration". Though I seriously doubt you can say with 100% certainty that we don't have computer controlled lasers mounted on satellites ready to obliterate all known missile locations at a moments notice? Unless you're connected to the highest levels of govn? Here's two more News based links for more of my "no idea what I'm talking about."

    U.S. Air Force Debuts Laser-Weapon Aircraft | Fox News

    Is This China's Anti-Satellite Laser Weapon Site? | Danger Room | Wired.com
    Last edited by grip; 12-02-11 at 03:26 PM.

  2. #22
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Georgetown Students Uncover Vast Underground China Nuke Complex

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    They hid it in the 60's from satellite photos but infrared technology has since been created. I doubt they needed 3000 miles of tunnels just for nukes. It was probably to protect the govn officials and some civilians from severe fallout. The main thing is China has no intention on competing with us militarily, only in keeping a contingency force intact, especially for others. There are other controlling factors for sovereign strength, like natural resources (food, coal, oil, gas), commodities, connections, influence, technology, financing, information etc.
    Infrared technology cannot see underground or through walls. It can only detect changes in heat.

    Drives me crazy when people think infrared is like magical x-ray glasses.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  3. #23
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Georgetown Students Uncover Vast Underground China Nuke Complex

    Gill I've seen infrared thermal imaging from a military spy plane and it practically is like x-ray vision. You can make out shapes right thru the walls or ground. Drives me crazy when people talk before they've seen something new.

    Attachment 67118979

  4. #24
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Georgetown Students Uncover Vast Underground China Nuke Complex

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Gill I've seen infrared thermal imaging from a military spy plane and it practically is like x-ray vision. You can make out shapes right thru the walls or ground. Drives me crazy when people talk before they've seen something new.

    Attachment 67118979
    You are 1000 % wrong. Have you ever held an IR camera ??? Obviously not.

    The ONLY way IR could see the bed in your photo is if it was hotter than the outside walls, a highly unlikely scenario.

    Drives me crazy when people read too much science fiction and assume its true.

    AND..... IR absolutely cannot see through glass as shown in your "photo".
    Last edited by Gill; 12-02-11 at 04:29 PM.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  5. #25
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Georgetown Students Uncover Vast Underground China Nuke Complex

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    You are 1000 % wrong. Have you ever held an IR camera ??? Obviously not.

    The ONLY way IR could see the bed in your photo is if it was hotter than the outside walls, a highly unlikely scenario.

    Drives me crazy when people read too much science fiction and assume its true.
    i've looked through an ir lens at night into a sailboat quite far away.....it is like x-ray vision. very cool.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  6. #26
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Georgetown Students Uncover Vast Underground China Nuke Complex

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i've looked through an ir lens at night into a sailboat quite far away.....it is like x-ray vision. very cool.
    As usual, you don't know what the hell you are talking about. You maybe saw the boat, but you didn't see THROUGH the boat. IR is NOT like x-ray vision.

    And..........an IR lens is not the same as an IR camera.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  7. #27
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Georgetown Students Uncover Vast Underground China Nuke Complex

    Look up a Fluke thermal imager. And they're cheap, outdated equipment compared to what the US military has. The old red and green colored blobs you saw with IR camera's was outdated for the govn back in the early 90's. The picture above was taken with an x-ray enhanced thermal imaging device. Even night vision goggles are based on infrared technology.

  8. #28
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Georgetown Students Uncover Vast Underground China Nuke Complex

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Look up a Fluke thermal imager. And they're cheap, outdated equipment compared to what the US military has. The old red and green colored blobs you saw with IR camera's was outdated for the govn back in the early 90's. The picture above was taken with an x-ray enhanced thermal imaging device. Even night vision goggles are based on infrared technology.
    Bwaaa Haaaaa.... a Fluke is a cheap camera by any standard. I haven't seen red and green blobs in an IR camera since I used an old Hughs in 1988.

    A x-ray enhanced thermal imaging device ????? Sorry, there is no such thing.

    One other thing, night vision goggles are NOT based on IR technology. They magnify existing visible light. IR sees only IR wavelengths that are not visible to the human eye.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  9. #29
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Georgetown Students Uncover Vast Underground China Nuke Complex

    I don't care how much you pound your fist and hop and down red faced, I've seen it with my own eyes. I didn't say you could see detail but you can make out human shaped images easily if there's no other heat source near them. Besides that they have sonar based equipment that can also make out shapes underground. You just want to be right.

    A x-ray enhanced thermal imaging device ????? Sorry, there is no such thing.

    Are you absolutely positive? You've checked with every govn and corporate R&D? I doubt it.

    And many night vision goggles have PULSE IR Illumination, so wrong again.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Georgetown Students Uncover Vast Underground China Nuke Complex

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    I don't care how much you pound your fist and hop and down red faced, I've seen it with my own eyes. I didn't say you could see detail but you can make out human shaped images easily if there's no other heat source near them. Besides that they have sonar based equipment that can also make out shapes underground. You just want to be right.

    A x-ray enhanced thermal imaging device ????? Sorry, there is no such thing.

    Are you absolutely positive? You've checked with every govn and corporate R&D? I doubt it.

    And many night vision goggles have PULSE IR Illumination, so wrong again.
    Then feel free to prove me wrong. Post information on this mystical x-ray thermal imager. I've been in the business for 25 years, so I'm not going to hold by breath.

    You've been wrong on so many points, like the night vision goggles, that I'm highly skeptical of any claim you make. My slr digital camera uses an ir light to assist in focusing, but that doesn't make it see infrared wavelengths.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •