Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 93

Thread: Adam Carolla: OWS Movement "Self-entitled monsters"

  1. #21
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Adam Carolla: OWS Movement "Self-entitled monsters"

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    That would be a great point except that many of the OWS ARE Communists.
    Yes sense we know there are sooooo many communists in America...


  2. #22
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    Re: Adam Carolla: OWS Movement "Self-entitled monsters"

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    That would be a great point except that many of the OWS ARE Communists.
    No...its a GOOD picture...the democrats in this picture are the ones oppressing blacks...and the democrat politicians are the ones getting their pockets lined with banker cash. So...the 99% must be the minorities...except unlike then, the 99% group ELECTED the recipients of the bank/broker/union cash...so...hmmmm...

  3. #23
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,357

    Re: Adam Carolla: OWS Movement "Self-entitled monsters"

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Yes sense we know there are sooooo many communists in America...
    The Communist Party in the U.S. was/is part of the OWS protests. If you cannot acknowledge that simple fact, then you're just being dishonest.


  4. #24
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Adam Carolla: OWS Movement "Self-entitled monsters"

    Strawman - what happens when you don't take the time to try and understand the other side's position.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  5. #25
    Guru
    ChuckBerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Last Seen
    10-28-13 @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,491

    Re: Adam Carolla: OWS Movement "Self-entitled monsters"

    It's hard to blame Carolla or anyone else who are taking an opportunity to trash the idea behind the OWS movement. It's most public face is in fact kids that ought to be out trying to earn a living rather than talking about raising taxes on those that earn or get the most money in our society.

    Unfortunately OWS's public face isn't the average guy who has, in fact, gone out and worked hard and chose a profession that has been downsized, outsourced or outright eliminated, and can't react to the changes in the market fast enough to find work doing something else.

    And no matter what any defending of the 1% may say, earnings of the 1% have SKYROCKETED in the past few decades while earning of the 99% have stagnated at best. The 1% have all of the leverage to determine how much they get paid and the 99%, due to weakening of unions and an overall pro-corporate/anti-employee culture, have virtually none. It's hard for me to keep a straight face when someone suggests that the people on the lower rungs of the social ladder just need to climb higher. This profound disparity in wages is shameful and immoral.
    The morality of abortion is not a religious belief, any more than the morality of slavery, apartheid, rape, larceny, murder or arson is a religious belief. These are norms of the natural law of mankind and can be legislated even in a completely religionless society.

  6. #26
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Adam Carolla: OWS Movement "Self-entitled monsters"

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    The Communist Party in the U.S. was/is part of the OWS protests. If you cannot acknowledge that simple fact, then you're just being dishonest.
    You said that there were a lot of communists in the occupy movement.
    Then you come and say well the CPUSA is part of the OWS movement.
    Now how many people are in the CPUSA? An estimated 2,000 registered members.... Man that is A LOT OF PEOPLE!


  7. #27
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Adam Carolla: OWS Movement "Self-entitled monsters"

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckBerry View Post
    It's hard to blame Carolla or anyone else who are taking an opportunity to trash the idea behind the OWS movement. It's most public face is in fact kids that ought to be out trying to earn a living rather than talking about raising taxes on those that earn or get the most money in our society.

    Unfortunately OWS's public face isn't the average guy who has, in fact, gone out and worked hard and chose a profession that has been downsized, outsourced or outright eliminated, and can't react to the changes in the market fast enough to find work doing something else.

    And no matter what any defending of the 1% may say, earnings of the 1% have SKYROCKETED in the past few decades while earning of the 99% have stagnated at best. The 1% have all of the leverage to determine how much they get paid and the 99%, due to weakening of unions and an overall pro-corporate/anti-employee culture, have virtually none. It's hard for me to keep a straight face when someone suggests that the people on the lower rungs of the social ladder just need to climb higher. This profound disparity in wages is shameful and immoral.
    Hey, a reasonable non-jerkfest post. I can agree with that. Much appreciated.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  8. #28
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,357

    Re: Adam Carolla: OWS Movement "Self-entitled monsters"

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    You said that there were a lot of communists in the occupy movement.
    Then you come and say well the CPUSA is part of the OWS movement.
    Now how many people are in the CPUSA? An estimated 2,000 registered members.... Man that is A LOT OF PEOPLE!
    You said the civil rights movement and OWS were comparable because people (wrongly, say you) said there were Communists in both. I reminded you that there actually ARE Communists in the OWS movement and now you're backtracking saying, "Well, it isn't very MANY!" Oy.


  9. #29
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Adam Carolla: OWS Movement "Self-entitled monsters"

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I'll have to listen to this when I get home. By and large I enjoy Carolla.

    And now Girls Jumping on Trampolines

    I tried hitting f11 several times to make it work, it almost did, but next time you need to post video of girls on tramps (err trampolines)
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  10. #30
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Adam Carolla: OWS Movement "Self-entitled monsters"

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    You said the civil rights movement and OWS were comparable because people (wrongly, say you) said there were Communists in both.
    No i posted this first saying : "Ending child labor: "self entitled monsters"
    Women can vote: "self entitled monsters"
    Civil rights for blacks: "self entitled monsters" "

    Point being every movement was to some mostly conservatives people who were: "self entitled monsters".

    You then stated: "Comparing OWS to civil rights is moronic."

    I then stated: "Your right... Remember when all the right were talking about how OWS is a bunch of communists? "

    Meaning that pretty much any left wing movement were just a bunch of communist. The OWS movement was once stated as being just a bunch of radical communists that hate America.

    You then said: "That would be a great point except that many of the OWS ARE Communists."

    The Occupy movement is a very very large number of people. And a lot of the OWS are communists?

    I then said: "Yes sense we know there are sooooo many communists in America... "

    You then said: "The Communist Party in the U.S. was/is part of the OWS protests. If you cannot acknowledge that simple fact, then you're just being dishonest."
    Well oh my god the CPUSA was in the occupy movement!? Well how many people are in the CPUSA? 2,000... 2,000.. Now im guessing not all those 2,000 members were at the occupy movement..

    I reminded you that there actually ARE Communists in the OWS movement and now you're backtracking saying, "Well, it isn't very MANY!" Oy.
    No **** there are communists in a movement that want corporate money out of politics. You claimed that there are a lot (many) in the movement. The only proof you had of that is that the CPUSA took part in some marches.....


Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •