Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 69

Thread: A Victory for the 99%: Police Refuse to Evict 103 Year Old Woman

  1. #31
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,413

    Re: A Victory for the 99%: Police Refuse to Evict 103 Year Old Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by WhistleBlower View Post
    not at all. i've been associated with the 'movement' since i found myself in the streets in the mid-80's as a result of bloated defense appropriations bills that eliminated the NIH and NSF funds that were paying my salary at utexas in a research lab.
    A defense bill made you homeless?

    there are less than 2,000 out of 7,000,000,000 people who are claiming title to most of the world's resources.
    Nonsense. Governments own the vast majority of mineral and other rights.

    what is happening is what the peace and freedom activists have been advocating for years. the economic injustice has just finally become so obvious that the people are taking to the streets.
    Is that why you took to the streets? Or was it because there was only one (government) job at one place suitable for you.

  2. #32
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    12-07-11 @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    28

    Re: A Victory for the 99%: Police Refuse to Evict 103 Year Old Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    A defense bill made you homeless?



    Nonsense. Governments own the vast majority of mineral and other rights.



    Is that why you took to the streets? Or was it because there was only one (government) job at one place suitable for you.
    it's a very long story but the gist of it is, i'm a life scientist who found himself living in a death culture. i was only in medical research because the navy never expanded the programs i studied for and i declined their most generous offer of making me an NFO and flying off to exotic lands to kill little brown people for control of their mineral rights and strategic agricultural products such as coca, opium and marijuana.

    fisheries, which is my area of specialization, in the early 80's didn't have any jobs and at that time the employment situation was so bad, people with bachelor's degrees couldn't compete with the people with higher degrees. that's what happened with the navy. the few non-combatant billets there were that i was looking for were getting scooped up by people with professional degrees.

    there was money available for medical research and that's what i did until reagan dried up the money in favor of inflating the defense budget. my field didn't have any jobs in the public or private sector and i was sick of the animal torture i was surrounded with in medicine.

    i adapted by practicing the arts and falling in with people i call F-troopers; migrant artisans who work at flea markets, fairs and festivals all over the country. at the moment, i'm living in an artists cooperative house in south austin.

    the statement is not nonsense. those people own the governments and their forebears have controlled governments going back into antiquity. nothing has really changed in the way society runs in the past 5000 years that my ancestors have been recording it. competing church/state empires ruled by the people most willing to lie, cheat, steal and kill to achieve their goals and who are the best at it.

    buckminster fuller calls the people who really run the world, the great pirates. the people who control the trade routes, particularly the sea lanes, are the people who are really the ones dictating to everybody else and fuller paints a clear picture of their game going all the way back to constantine in his book, 'operating manual for spaceship earth'.

  3. #33
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: A Victory for the 99%: Police Refuse to Evict 103 Year Old Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by WhistleBlower View Post
    it's a very long story but the gist of it is, i'm a life scientist who found himself living in a death culture. i was only in medical research because the navy never expanded the programs i studied for and i declined their most generous offer of making me an NFO and flying off to exotic lands to kill little brown people for control of their mineral rights and strategic agricultural products such as coca, opium and marijuana.

    fisheries, which is my area of specialization, in the early 80's didn't have any jobs and at that time the employment situation was so bad, people with bachelor's degrees couldn't compete with the people with higher degrees. that's what happened with the navy. the few non-combatant billets there were that i was looking for were getting scooped up by people with professional degrees.

    there was money available for medical research and that's what i did until reagan dried up the money in favor of inflating the defense budget. my field didn't have any jobs in the public or private sector and i was sick of the animal torture i was surrounded with in medicine.

    i adapted by practicing the arts and falling in with people i call F-troopers; migrant artisans who work at flea markets, fairs and festivals all over the country. at the moment, i'm living in an artists cooperative house in south austin.

    the statement is not nonsense. those people own the governments and their forebears have controlled governments going back into antiquity. nothing has really changed in the way society runs in the past 5000 years that my ancestors have been recording it. competing church/state empires ruled by the people most willing to lie, cheat, steal and kill to achieve their goals and who are the best at it.

    buckminster fuller calls the people who really run the world, the great pirates. the people who control the trade routes, particularly the sea lanes, are the people who are really the ones dictating to everybody else and fuller paints a clear picture of their game going all the way back to constantine in his book, 'operating manual for spaceship earth'.
    This whole story sounds and smells like fish guts, rotting on a wharf.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: A Victory for the 99%: Police Refuse to Evict 103 Year Old Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by WhistleBlower View Post
    it has nothing to do with occupy wall street but everything to do with the 99%, though i would hope that you are right and there would have been compassion even if there were no protests.
    Why? It's that compassion that got us into this mess in the first place.

  5. #35
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: A Victory for the 99%: Police Refuse to Evict 103 Year Old Woman

    I'm sure the LEO's were thinking about #ows when they said "no way".....


    /facepalm
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: A Victory for the 99%: Police Refuse to Evict 103 Year Old Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I'm sure the LEO's were thinking about #ows when they said "no way".....
    What they SHOULD have been thinking about were their JOBS, which they should no longer have because of this.

  7. #37
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,844

    Re: A Victory for the 99%: Police Refuse to Evict 103 Year Old Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I'm sure the LEO's were thinking about #ows when they said "no way".....


    /facepalm
    99%. Not OWS.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #38
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    99%. Not OWS.
    True the #ows doesn't truly represent the "99%".
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #39
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,844

    Re: A Victory for the 99%: Police Refuse to Evict 103 Year Old Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    True the #ows doesn't truly represent the "99%".
    99% of people can't even agree on what color the sky is.

    It's really closer to 95%.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #40
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    99% of people can't even agree on what color the sky is.

    It's really closer to 95%.


    Lol. 95% really? Try again.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •