Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 261

Thread: Pregnant #OccupySeattle Protester Miscarries After Being Kicked, Pepper Sprayed

  1. #71
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    Re: Pregnant #OccupySeattle Protester Miscarries After Being Kicked, Pepper Sprayed

    IF this story is true (and at this point it is just hearsay), has it occurred to anybody that
    1. Lots of women at 3 mos pregnant do not look obviously pregnant
    2. Yelling in the middle of a riot, quite likely nobody will hear and understand you in the midst of the chaos

    Ergo, it seems very improbable that even IF this actually happened, that the police had any idea she was pregnant in the midst of the melee...

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Pregnant #OccupySeattle Protester Miscarries After Being Kicked, Pepper Sprayed

    Forgive me OWS, but pregnant women should not be at protest rallies, especially if there is even a slight chance of things getting ugly.

    I blaim the woman for her very very poor choice.

  3. #73
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Pregnant #OccupySeattle Protester Miscarries After Being Kicked, Pepper Sprayed

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Forgive me OWS, but pregnant women should not be at protest rallies, especially if there is even a slight chance of things getting ugly.

    I blaim the woman for her very very poor choice.
    The woman made a poor choice. The police made a poorer choice.

  4. #74
    Sidewalk Inspector
    Utility Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,100

    Re: Pregnant #OccupySeattle Protester Miscarries After Being Kicked, Pepper Sprayed

    People think she should have remained homeless with her unborn child and stayed away from OWS for safety?

    IMO society doesn't want to see or hear from her or her unborn child and some seem to think she probably should have stuck to living in alleys and or eating out of garbage cans to properly protect and nurturer that child! We all know some folks hate having to look at the homeless, its a real turnoff ,they should stay out of sight for their own good before the rich get really mad. Too bad she came out of that dark alley and tried to rise up.

    As sad as it seems she would probably have been safer living in the shadows where she wouldn't be much of a burden to anyone.

    Note to the homeless pregnant women, stay near your trash receptacles(homes)and keep quiet.
    Last edited by Utility Man; 11-22-11 at 06:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    There were, by most estimates, 500 Nazis in Charlottesville. One of them went homicidal. Not all Nazis are violent extremists. You are trying to rationalize your hatred and it's simply not rational.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    as I noted, its better that 10 nutjobs get guns than one good person be wrongly disarmed.

  5. #75
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,147

    Re: Pregnant #OccupySeattle Protester Miscarries After Being Kicked, Pepper Sprayed

    Quote Originally Posted by mattillac View Post
    People think she should have remained homeless with her unborn child and stayed away from OWS for safety?

    IMO society doesn't want to see or hear from her or her unborn child and some seem to think she probably should have stuck to living in alleys and or eating out of garbage cans to properly protect and nurturer that child! We all know some folks hate having to look at the homeless, its a real turnoff ,they should stay out of sight for their own good before the rich get really mad. Too bad she came out of that dark alley and tried to rise up.

    As sad as it seems she would probably have been safer living in the shadows where she wouldn't be much of a burden to anyone.

    Note to the homeless pregnant women, stay near your trash receptacles(homes)and keep quiet.
    'Like" was inadequate to express what a great post that is
    THANKS for a very legitimate perspective. one that needed to be said
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  6. #76
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Pregnant #OccupySeattle Protester Miscarries After Being Kicked, Pepper Sprayed

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    IF this story is true (and at this point it is just hearsay), has it occurred to anybody that
    1. Lots of women at 3 mos pregnant do not look obviously pregnant
    2. Yelling in the middle of a riot, quite likely nobody will hear and understand you in the midst of the chaos

    Ergo, it seems very improbable that even IF this actually happened, that the police had any idea she was pregnant in the midst of the melee...
    Do you emphasize "IF" so much when reports of OWS members committing crimes hit the news? Because if I remember correctly, you tend to accept that stuff pretty easily. It's funny what you are and aren't willing to accept readily.

  7. #77
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Pregnant #OccupySeattle Protester Miscarries After Being Kicked, Pepper Sprayed

    Quote Originally Posted by mattillac View Post
    People think she should have remained homeless with her unborn child and stayed away from OWS for safety?

    IMO society doesn't want to see or hear from her or her unborn child and some seem to think she probably should have stuck to living in alleys and or eating out of garbage cans to properly protect and nurturer that child! We all know some folks hate having to look at the homeless, its a real turnoff ,they should stay out of sight for their own good before the rich get really mad. Too bad she came out of that dark alley and tried to rise up.

    As sad as it seems she would probably have been safer living in the shadows where she wouldn't be much of a burden to anyone.

    Note to the homeless pregnant women, stay near your trash receptacles(homes)and keep quiet.
    Really?
    She can't go to a homeless shelter or take advantage of social services?
    Her only choice was to go to an OWS rally?

    What world does your hyperbolic rant live in?
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  8. #78
    Sidewalk Inspector
    Utility Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,100

    Re: Pregnant #OccupySeattle Protester Miscarries After Being Kicked, Pepper Sprayed

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    'Like" was inadequate to express what a great post that is
    THANKS for a very legitimate perspective. one that needed to be said
    Thank you Bubba for the kind words, this whole thing really makes me sad to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    There were, by most estimates, 500 Nazis in Charlottesville. One of them went homicidal. Not all Nazis are violent extremists. You are trying to rationalize your hatred and it's simply not rational.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    as I noted, its better that 10 nutjobs get guns than one good person be wrongly disarmed.

  9. #79
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Pregnant #OccupySeattle Protester Miscarries After Being Kicked, Pepper Sprayed

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Really?
    She can't go to a homeless shelter or take advantage of social services?
    Her only choice was to go to an OWS rally?

    What world does your hyperbolic rant live in?
    I could be wrong, but from everything I am aware of you don't just "walk in" to a homeless shelter. They have ​long lines. I am guessing you could probably get access to food and shelter just as easily at that protest, which is probably why the homeless were so attracted to it.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  10. #80
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Pregnant #OccupySeattle Protester Miscarries After Being Kicked, Pepper Sprayed

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I could be wrong, but from everything I am aware of you don't just "walk in" to a homeless shelter. They have ​long lines. I am guessing you could probably get access to food and shelter just as easily at that protest, which is probably why the homeless were so attracted to it.
    There are specific social services, just for pregnant women and there are specific homeless shelters, just for women and children.

    To say she had to live in a trash can is hyperbolic, emotionalism that is only true in a fictional universe.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •