Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 261

Thread: Pregnant #OccupySeattle Protester Miscarries After Being Kicked, Pepper Sprayed

  1. #181
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Pregnant #OccupySeattle Protester Miscarries After Being Kicked, Pepper Sprayed

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Did these ceo's lend the dirtbags the money?
    that's not the point.

    the point is, the college is demanding more money from middle-class and lower-class students, while keeping bloated salaries for administration.

  2. #182
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Pregnant #OccupySeattle Protester Miscarries After Being Kicked, Pepper Sprayed

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    And I am sure many in '50s had a similar opinion about the civil right movement itself. Again, if all protests were based off of popular thought, what point would they serve?


    I think the civil rights movement was just, I think the #ows protest is just an excuse to get high.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #183
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    that's not the point.

    the point is, the college is demanding more money from middle-class and lower-class students, while keeping bloated salaries for administration.
    And instead of being pissed at university profs and administrators they protest the banks who gave them the ability to go to college. Morons.

  4. #184
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Pregnant #OccupySeattle Protester Miscarries After Being Kicked, Pepper Sprayed

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    And instead of being pissed at university profs and administrators they protest the banks who gave them the ability to go to college. Morons.
    more naive, i would say.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  5. #185
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Pregnant #OccupySeattle Protester Miscarries After Being Kicked, Pepper Sprayed

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    The protesters were breaking the law in a non-violent manner and so were most civil rights protests. Care to explain the difference?
    Because protesting Wallstreet, by blocking streets and intersections in Seattle, is not the same as protesting people being treated as 2nd class citizens by law.
    Quite frankly any comparison to the civil rights era protests will fall incredibly short.

    You don't have a right to impede other people, in order to protest your pet cause.
    Last edited by Harry Guerrilla; 11-23-11 at 07:45 PM.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  6. #186
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,044

    Re: Pregnant #OccupySeattle Protester Miscarries After Being Kicked, Pepper Sprayed


  7. #187
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,624
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Pregnant #OccupySeattle Protester Miscarries After Being Kicked, Pepper Sprayed

    After having read several other stories on Ms. Fox and her claims, I've discovered:

    1. She has attended several OWS protests in which clashes with the police occurred, and in Sept. gave police a statement claiming that she was 3 months pregnant, during which time she complained about stomach pains and was taken by ambulence to the hospital. She refuses to release hospital records, and claims she told police that she was only 1 month pregnant. She has clearly been camped out with the protesters for a minimum of two months; therefore, any claims that she just wandered into the encampment to see what was going on is baseless.

    2. The man she claims is the father of the baby has been arrested several times during the past weeks of protests, so her claims of being unaware that there could be violence is baseless.

    3. There is no evidence to support her claim that she was kicked in the abdominum or hit by a bicycle, or even that she suffered a miscarriage, since she refuses to release medical records that would indicate abdominal bruising and fetal remains even to the police investigators.

    I've concluded that until evidence to the contrary is released, I believe this woman is an opportunist who has twice tried to put herself in a position to capitalize financially from the chaos and is hoping the city will give her a fat settlement check just to make her go away. If that makes me a bad person instead of an objective, rational one to some of you, then so be it.

  8. #188
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: Pregnant #OccupySeattle Protester Miscarries After Being Kicked, Pepper Sprayed

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    That's retarded.


    She shouldn't go on roller coasters
    She shouldn't do tequila shots
    She shouldn't go to protests and anatognize the police.


    Common sense, there chief.
    Or police should not manhandle women at all, because any woman can potentially be pregnant, and getting violent with a pregnant would could result with murdering innocent children.

  9. #189
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: Pregnant #OccupySeattle Protester Miscarries After Being Kicked, Pepper Sprayed

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Because protesting Wallstreet, by blocking streets and intersections in Seattle, is not the same as protesting people being treated as 2nd class citizens by law.
    Quite frankly any comparison to the civil rights era protests will fall incredibly short.

    You don't have a right to impede other people, in order to protest your pet cause.
    So no civil rights protests ever blocked streets or intersections? They actually held sit ins inside businesses and restaurants, which would result in lost customers and business revenue.

    Yes, these people are very different in some ways, but I really don't think it's honest to try to demonize the individual people in OWS on one hand and defend Civil Rights Movement on the other. People against the Civil Rights Movement then used the same tactics... attack the protesters themselves and not their message.

  10. #190
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: Pregnant #OccupySeattle Protester Miscarries After Being Kicked, Pepper Sprayed

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    After having read several other stories on Ms. Fox and her claims, I've discovered:

    1. She has attended several OWS protests in which clashes with the police occurred, and in Sept. gave police a statement claiming that she was 3 months pregnant, during which time she complained about stomach pains and was taken by ambulence to the hospital. She refuses to release hospital records, and claims she told police that she was only 1 month pregnant. She has clearly been camped out with the protesters for a minimum of two months; therefore, any claims that she just wandered into the encampment to see what was going on is baseless.

    2. The man she claims is the father of the baby has been arrested several times during the past weeks of protests, so her claims of being unaware that there could be violence is baseless.

    3. There is no evidence to support her claim that she was kicked in the abdominum or hit by a bicycle, or even that she suffered a miscarriage, since she refuses to release medical records that would indicate abdominal bruising and fetal remains even to the police investigators.

    I've concluded that until evidence to the contrary is released, I believe this woman is an opportunist who has twice tried to put herself in a position to capitalize financially from the chaos and is hoping the city will give her a fat settlement check just to make her go away. If that makes me a bad person instead of an objective, rational one to some of you, then so be it.
    Another possibility is that she could have a drug problem, because a lot of women struggling with drugs don't necessarily seek medical care for their pregnancies nor seek treatment or report miscarriages.

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •