Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 261

Thread: Pregnant #OccupySeattle Protester Miscarries After Being Kicked, Pepper Sprayed

  1. #141
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Pregnant #OccupySeattle Protester Miscarries After Being Kicked, Pepper Sprayed

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Why would you want to use the term rape not in reference to any type of sexual assault or nonvoluntary sexual contact?

    Thats just disgusting.
    Yes- and then be puzzled as to why people done' get it.

    Geesh!
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  2. #142
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Pregnant #OccupySeattle Protester Miscarries After Being Kicked, Pepper Sprayed

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Obviously if she was pepper sprayed she was doing something the police told her to stop, this = fighting the police. You say she was not, so obviously she was jsut innocently walking along and the police raped her. Raped her, in this context, is the slang from FPS games that denotes "Kicked the **** out of her", rather then a sexual assault as you are suggesting.

    Which was it? Was protesting, refusing to cooperate and got what she had coming to her? Or was she just an innocent teen caught up by police brutality?
    I didn't state my opinion one way or another. I simply asked where it said that she was fighting with police, which you stated as fact. Obviously you can't answer it because it doesn't say that. Perhaps you shouldn't assume things as fact when it says nothing about it in the story.
    From the story, it sounded like she was in the protest and the police were trying to disperse the crowd and she was trying to get out of there and yelling "I'm pregnant!" I wouldn't classify that as "fighting with police".

  3. #143
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Pregnant #OccupySeattle Protester Miscarries After Being Kicked, Pepper Sprayed

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Why would you want to use the term rape not in reference to any type of sexual assault or nonvoluntary sexual contact?

    Thats just disgusting.
    Because it's hyperbole and he thinks it makes his point stronger. I've seen both sides of the political aisle do it, though. I agree, it is disgusting.

  4. #144
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Pregnant #OccupySeattle Protester Miscarries After Being Kicked, Pepper Sprayed

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Yes- and then be puzzled as to why people done' get it.

    Geesh!
    He is just loose with the term it seems.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Markarth SUCKS Markarth SUCKS Markarth SUCKS.


    I'm out bipping around on my lowly 24 mage, whom my wife hates because I face rape most things that mess with me. Trolls? Roast'em. Dragons? Zap'em. Bandits? Put an arrow in their ass and call it a day.


    So I'm wandering this GOSHFORSAKEN SINK HOLE OF A ROTTEN BAG OF ASS CAKES city, and this guy stops me, in front of a house, asks for my help. "Sure, why not?" We go in, and soon are trapped, scary spooky voice demands I kill the man, or he kill me. Either way, death is coming. By the end of that line, I'm now "blessed" with a cursed mace that get's me a negative reaction from NPC's oh, and I'm a Daedric Lord of Submissions BITCH. Joy. Oh and if you snoop around that place? Be naked after you kill some rich guy and head back to your contact. Inescapable prisons tend to eat your gear.

  5. #145
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Pregnant #OccupySeattle Protester Miscarries After Being Kicked, Pepper Sprayed

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Why would you want to use the term rape not in reference to any type of sexual assault or nonvoluntary sexual contact?

    Thats just disgusting.
    Have you ever played an FPS?

    Rape Train: In Zombies, it is an act of luring large groups of zombies into a circle, making the player receive a lot of points when shooting them.
    Call of Duty Wiki:Glossary - The Call of Duty Wiki - Modern Warfare 3, Black Ops, World at War and More!

    The act of destroying or laying seige to an area designated as safe or protected for the opposite team.
    An effective, but sometimes scrutinized tactic in Tribes 2 is base raping the opponent by entering their base with a heavy armor and destroying all defenses, generators, and inventory stations available.
    The act of attacking or laying seige to a base without attempting to capture it. This is often done in a way that the other team cannot fight back before being killed after spawning, usually in a vehicle or sometimes with a sniper rifle from a distance. It is usually done in a deathmatch style First Person Shooter
    base rape

    But my students are only rarely ideologues. Few of them listen to Rush or Glenn Beck; those guys are just too old. The young folks aren’t using rape as the ultimate metaphor for violation. They’re using it like my mom might say, “Oh, heck!”

    So have any of you heard “rape” used as casual slang? “Fag” is problematic enough; as C.J. Pascoe shows in Dude, You’re a Fag: Masculinity and Sexuality in High School, it’s used to harshly police both boys and girls’ expression of their gender and sexuality.

    But “rape”? As slang? I mean, I remember it from The Who’s Tommy (We’re not gonna take it!) but that’s about it.

    An hour after class, one of the young women showed up at my office hours. “I just heard someone say ‘That test raped me.’ I wouldn’t have even noticed it before.”

    What have you noticed? Is this a generational thing? Do I just live in a bubble? I’d be grateful for any clarifications and insights.
    “Rape” as Slang? Kittywampus

    That last one is just for those of you WAAAY behind the times. Rape doesn't just mean sexual assault, come on, if and old man like me is hip to the new slang, why can't you be too?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  6. #146
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Pregnant #OccupySeattle Protester Miscarries After Being Kicked, Pepper Sprayed

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    He is just loose with the term it seems.
    No, it's common slang. Sheesh you people need get with the times. For crying out loud, you'd think I'd committed a crime here.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  7. #147
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Pregnant #OccupySeattle Protester Miscarries After Being Kicked, Pepper Sprayed

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    No, it's common slang. Sheesh you people need get with the times. For crying out loud, you'd think I'd committed a crime here.
    It's not that common. Perhaps amongst gamers, but not everyone is a gamer.

  8. #148
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Pregnant #OccupySeattle Protester Miscarries After Being Kicked, Pepper Sprayed

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    No, it's common slang. Sheesh you people need get with the times. For crying out loud, you'd think I'd committed a crime here.
    Over there = slang. I've used it in a slang-application as well and just did not draw that use out of it in this thread - In a thread about a pregnant homeless teen . . . pregnancy and slang use of the term shouldn't mix . . . *raps your knuckles with a switch - now say 5 hail Mary's and you will be absolved of your sins*

    You clarified the use of the term - that's fine . . . because seriously it just didn't come across like you meant it.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  9. #149
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,137

    Re: Pregnant #OccupySeattle Protester Miscarries After Being Kicked, Pepper Sprayed

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    What she needs is this:

    1) A psych evaluation (that's likely happened already)
    2) Accommodations accordingly and go from there

    I think it's undeniable that there's something wrong with her - pregnant homeless teen. Most homeless people suffer from psychological issues and it's a blaring fact in this nation that we don't do enough to help and keep them off the streets where - as this story highlights - they become a danger to their selves and even others.

    But what is solid fact is that she WAS pregnant and WAS taken to the hospital and WAS determined to be having a miscarriage.



    An involuntary abortion - spontaneous abortion (etc) . . . it's all different terms or the same event
    from my weekly experience operating a soup kitchen feeding approximately 250 per meal i must voice concern about some of what you have expressed

    what causes you to believe this woman is in need of a psych evaluation?

    what causes you to believe there is something wrong with her? being a teen cannot be it as that is a natural state. otherwise one must conclude that all teens are in need of psych evals and have something wrong with them. ditto for those who are pregnant
    thus, i can only conclude that you find her state of homelessness that which is aberrant

    many of the 250 who come for a free meal are homeless. a portion have psych issues and some have chemical dependencies. but many simply have lost their means of support. they tend to be nominally educated and are/were the last hired and first fired. many had homes which were sold in foreclosure once their incomes/jobs were lost. they are the ones on the margins

    others are young adults who are no longer welcome in the homes in which they were brought up. they are often quite vulnerable

    you may sense my alarm by now, that many automatically conclude that those who are homeless are something other than victims of the economy only because they are homeless

    to a lesser degree i am also concerned that you seem to fear the homeless as being a danger to others, based only on their sharing a homeless demographic

    and while your heart is in the right place, many of the homeless remain in that situation by choice. those are the ones most frequently in need of some psych help. and yes, i agree with you, we are NOT doing enough to help them

    many are not getting assistance because the social system is often not prepared to help them and many who qualify for public assistance do not receive it because they are without the life skills to understand and follow the bureaucratic processes required to realize the various forms of assistance that are available

    what i have found over the past three years is that this is not a monolithic group, having the same characteristics. they are individuals. usually citizens. often veterans. we should assess them and help them as individuals
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  10. #150
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,570

    Re: Pregnant #OccupySeattle Protester Miscarries After Being Kicked, Pepper Sprayed

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    yes, and avoid the thanksgiving parades
    never know when a float would run over her
    just as predictable


    That's retarded.


    She shouldn't go on roller coasters
    She shouldn't do tequila shots
    She shouldn't go to protests and anatognize the police.


    Common sense, there chief.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •