Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 74

Thread: UC Davis Studentsí Eerie, Powerful Protest Against Pepper-Spray Chancellor

  1. #41
    Guru
    LuckyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Last Seen
    05-13-13 @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,758

    Re: UC Davis Studentsí Eerie, Powerful Protest Against Pepper-Spray Chancellor

    Kaheli needs to resign.

    She called for the cops to clear the area, then hanged them out to dry after they did so in a way that doesn't photograph well.

    Chicken****. She should have looked at some video of Reagan and Berzerkeley.

  2. #42
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: UC Davis Studentsí Eerie, Powerful Protest Against Pepper-Spray Chancellor

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Only because they're both stupid enough to be UNARMED. Those of us who go ARMED in public would never be intimidated by those sorts of worthless sacks of trash.
    I'm betting you don't carry enough ammunition to shoot 500 people Tig.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: UC Davis Studentsí Eerie, Powerful Protest Against Pepper-Spray Chancellor

    UC Davis' President looked amazed, stunned, and shocked by the incredible commitment of the students sitting by her feet. She almost looked....humbled.

    afraid? I see none of that.

    people in fear walk fast, but this lady took her time, to observe her students. I think she was very proud of them.

  4. #44
    Guru
    LuckyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Last Seen
    05-13-13 @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,758

    Re: UC Davis Studentsí Eerie, Powerful Protest Against Pepper-Spray Chancellor

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    UC Davis' President looked amazed, stunned, and shocked by the incredible commitment of the students sitting by her feet. She almost looked....humbled.

    afraid? I see none of that.

    people in fear walk fast, but this lady took her time, to observe her students. I think she was very proud of them.
    And to think only a day before, she'd sicced the cops on them. What a woman.

  5. #45
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: UC Davis Studentsí Eerie, Powerful Protest Against Pepper-Spray Chancellor

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I disagree with you and agree with most other people here. She looked scared as hell and I can tell from your post to Goshin that you're not a fan of people who claim to be able to read body language, but most animals can read body language and as an animal, all I have to say is that she looked scared as hell.
    Goshin has displayed a clear contempt for me, which is why I react in kind. But your change of heart confuses me since two posts earlier you said:

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty clear that they weren't going for violence.
    She stated flat out that she was not fearful of the students, and even you admit that they didn't pose any threat. I agree she looked shaken, but that doesn't mean fearful (and especially fearful of the students!). How do you know the specific emotion she was feeling?
    Last edited by whysoserious; 11-21-11 at 08:30 PM.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  6. #46
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: UC Davis Studentsí Eerie, Powerful Protest Against Pepper-Spray Chancellor

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Goshin has displayed a clear contempt for me, which is why I react in kind. But your change of heart confuses me since two posts earlier you said:

    She stated flat out that she was not fearful of the students, and even you admit that they didn't pose any threat. I agree she looked shaken, but that doesn't mean fearful. How do you know the specific emotion she was feeling?
    I didn't have a change of heart. It is clear they weren't going for violence. It's also clear that she was scared.

    How do I know? I don't since I'm not her. But I also don't know that when my friend cries she's sad. I just come to educated conclusions based on her tears. I've come to an educated conclusion based on her body language.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: UC Davis Studentsí Eerie, Powerful Protest Against Pepper-Spray Chancellor

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    ...How do I know? I don't since I'm not her. But I also don't know that when my friend cries she's sad. I just come to educated conclusions based on her tears. I've come to an educated conclusion based on her body language.
    if she was frightened by these college-kids, why was she walking soo slowly passed them?

    why did she keep looking at them?

    if I was her and afraid, I would have just looked straight ahead, and walked as fast as I could.

    clearly, this woman was not in fear...but in awe.

  8. #48
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: UC Davis Studentsí Eerie, Powerful Protest Against Pepper-Spray Chancellor

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    if she was frightened by these college-kids, why was she walking soo slowly passed them?

    why did she keep looking at them?

    if I was her and afraid, I would have just looked straight ahead, and walked as fast as I could.

    clearly, this woman was not in fear...but in awe.
    I think she was in both. People can and do walk slowly in fear. People look at things they are afraid of. In fact, people often walk slowly and look at things when they are in haunted houses - when they are afraid. In sum, she looked scared to me and I think she was also in awe too.

  9. #49
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: UC Davis Studentsí Eerie, Powerful Protest Against Pepper-Spray Chancellor

    I figured I would post this here since it's funny:

    PEPPER SPRAYING COP

  10. #50
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: UC Davis Studentsí Eerie, Powerful Protest Against Pepper-Spray Chancellor

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I think she was in both. People can and do walk slowly in fear. People look at things they are afraid of. In fact, people often walk slowly and look at things when they are in haunted houses - when they are afraid. In sum, she looked scared to me and I think she was also in awe too.
    So she lied why asked about that for what reason? Why assume she is crying because she is scared of the protesters and not because she is upset with herself and the fact that her career is now on the ropes (rightfully or not)?
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •