Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 66

Thread: It's official! Women drivers ARE more dangerous behind the wheel, scientists discover

  1. #51
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: It's official! Women drivers ARE more dangerous behind the wheel, scientists disc

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Seriously? I'm EXTRA cautious and careful while my children are in the car with me And my husband drives the kids places all the time - it's not like it's a 'woman-only' thing to do. Seems extremely tragic if you're suggestion is accurate - geesh.

    But I can only speak for myself - in many ways I apparently don't represent the average female.

    But things I can tell you are found to be a hazard while driving: driving in flip flops or stilettos and other shoes that inhibit foot-control.

    Differences between my husband and I while driving? He's more 'cop-aware' - I swear he can see these suckers from 10 miles away. I rarely speed knowing that I won't be able to avoid a ticket since I lack the good looks His visual acuteness to detail has spared him many accidents. But still - he scares the crap out of me when he drives eventhough he's never had an accident because he's an aggressive driver and is always riding on people's tail.
    I said ON THE WAY late to picking up the kids

  2. #52
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: It's official! Women drivers ARE more dangerous behind the wheel, scientists disc

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Apples and oranges. This is not even close to the same thing.



    Why do you take something so silly personal?
    I could say the same thing about you.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  3. #53
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: It's official! Women drivers ARE more dangerous behind the wheel, scientists disc

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    When I was in middle school in the early 90s one my teachers told me to report on a news article. So I chose one that said women are lousy drivers,I think it was from the Sun or some other tabloid. Luckily my teacher was a man and had a sense of humor. I bet if he is reading this article he must be getting a good laugh right now.
    My drivers ed instructor used to say how women are worse drivers than men. One time he was talking about the necessities of keeping collected while behind the wheel and said something to the effect of "it's another reason why men are better drivers. If they're driving and a rabbit runs out into the road, BAM, a little road kill. But if a woman is driving, well that's a cute bunny and all of a sudden she's on the brakes and cranking the wheel, next thing you know she's through someone's fence and in their backyard."

    Hahah...that guy was funny.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #54
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: It's official! Women drivers ARE more dangerous behind the wheel, scientists disc

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    This is hard to believe. I always heard that insurance companies charge the most for policies that involving young, teenage boys... and they do seem to be the ones most often involved in traffic accidents. When I was in high school, a lot more boys were in car accidents than females, and one boy I knew crashed three different cars and totaled them... and I believe he was in a very serious accident since high school. I also went to school with more boys killed in car crashes than girls.
    It's changing a bit. I think boys were once well more likely to crash due to penchant to race others and such. Took bigger risks and dumber mistakes. My buddy in highschool bottomed out his brother's car going over camelback bridge. Pretty funny stuff. But I also knew a chick who didn't believe in blindspots until she wrecked the **** out of another driver.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #55
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,552

    Re: It's official! Women drivers ARE more dangerous behind the wheel, scientists disc

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I could say the same thing about you.
    How? I don't care that the women are getting upset because of a stupid study. So please point out how I am taking this personal?

    So no you couldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #56
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: It's official! Women drivers ARE more dangerous behind the wheel, scientists disc

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    A ridicules stereotype I see every day here in South Florida. Which makes it not so ridiculous after all.
    More anecdotal "evidence."


    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Peer review scientific study. Sorry your argument has no real merit because in some states it is no longer true.
    Which states?
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  7. #57
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,552

    Re: It's official! Women drivers ARE more dangerous behind the wheel, scientists disc

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    More anecdotal "evidence."
    So what? It's true.

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    Which states?
    Go read the article with the attached study.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #58
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: It's official! Women drivers ARE more dangerous behind the wheel, scientists disc

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    How? I don't care that the women are getting upset because of a stupid study. So please point out how I am taking this personal?

    So no you couldn't.
    You've been taking my responses seriously when none of them have. I could care less about some stupid study from the Mail, which is a tabloid at best. All of my responses so far have been sarcastic in nature.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  9. #59
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: It's official! Women drivers ARE more dangerous behind the wheel, scientists disc

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So what? It's true.
    According to you. That means nothing.


    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Go read the article with the attached study.
    I read the article posted in the OP.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  10. #60
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    07-15-12 @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    255

    Re: It's official! Women drivers ARE more dangerous behind the wheel, scientists disc

    Alright, so I clicked on the study and I scanned (Not very well so feel free to tell me I'm an idiot if I missed something obvious)

    If you look at table III: Involvement of male and female drivers in the examined crash scenarios. For every type of crash there was there was a lower percentage of female-female than male-male crashes. Wouldn't that mean women get in fewer crashes?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •