Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 66

Thread: It's official! Women drivers ARE more dangerous behind the wheel, scientists discover

  1. #11
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: It's official! Women drivers ARE more dangerous behind the wheel, scientists disc

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    My insurance is still cheaper
    Assuming this study is true, it won't be for long.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  2. #12
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: It's official! Women drivers ARE more dangerous behind the wheel, scientists disc

    Quote Originally Posted by molten_dragon View Post
    Assuming this study is true, it won't be for long.
    They'll get legislation passed to outlaw gender discriminatory pricing.
    Watch.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  3. #13
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: It's official! Women drivers ARE more dangerous behind the wheel, scientists disc

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    That's only because young men are riskier than young women, but after that things change and as the scientific report shows so does driving, lol. I mean lets face it women do make up while driving as well as doing hair etc. Add in cell phone and eating and you can see why females have more accidents, more distracted driving. Not like it is a secret.
    I still believe the insurance companies over this study you have posted. They have a financial obligation to know for sure.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  4. #14
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,470

    Re: It's official! Women drivers ARE more dangerous behind the wheel, scientists disc

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Women drivers are more likely to be involved in an accident, according to scientists.
    Researchers looked at 6.5million car crashes and found a higher than expected number of accidents between two female drivers.
    They also discovered that women have a tough time negotiating crossroads, T-junctions and slip roads.
    - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2012188/Women-drivers-ARE-dangerous-wheel-scientists-discover.html#ixzz1dQ5WuZ2T


    What can you say? Women's lib just got set back 50 years, lol.
    This is hard to believe. I always heard that insurance companies charge the most for policies that involving young, teenage boys... and they do seem to be the ones most often involved in traffic accidents. When I was in high school, a lot more boys were in car accidents than females, and one boy I knew crashed three different cars and totaled them... and I believe he was in a very serious accident since high school. I also went to school with more boys killed in car crashes than girls.
    Last edited by SheWolf; 11-11-11 at 07:42 PM.

  5. #15
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,470

    Re: It's official! Women drivers ARE more dangerous behind the wheel, scientists disc

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    That's only because young men are riskier than young women, but after that things change and as the scientific report shows so does driving, lol. I mean lets face it women do make up while driving as well as doing hair etc. Add in cell phone and eating and you can see why females have more accidents, more distracted driving. Not like it is a secret.
    I really don't do my makeup and hair when I drive, and neither do most of the females I know. However, my brother in law did crash his car and flip it over multiple times when he was younger, because he was brushing his hair.

  6. #16
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,889

    Re: It's official! Women drivers ARE more dangerous behind the wheel, scientists disc

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    They'll get legislation passed to outlaw gender discriminatory pricing.
    Watch.
    Besides being confident that insurance companies will always make whatever risk-management decisions benefit them, not policyholders, I think texting as an accident cause will be a great gender neutralizer.

  7. #17
    200M yrs of experience
    Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southeastern USA
    Last Seen
    05-07-12 @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,166

    Re: It's official! Women drivers ARE more dangerous behind the wheel, scientists disc

    I can't speak for today's young women (fewer kids these days), but every at-fault accident I've had involved a car full of misbehaving youngsters or a youngster barfing on the floorboard. Since women are still overwhelming the parent who provides most childcare, I have to wonder if this is the reason women have more accidents.

  8. #18
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,470

    Re: It's official! Women drivers ARE more dangerous behind the wheel, scientists disc

    I just reminded this... lol

    When I was younger, my brother was driving us to school and we made a stop and got donuts and other snacks. He nearly wrecked the car because the donut bag was stuck on his hand and he couldn't grasp the steering wheel to turn the car. lol. He was waving his arm around like a manic and donuts were falling out and rolling all over the car.

    He was also hit by a car recently, but he wasn't seriously injured.

    My brother apparently has some issues with paying attention.

  9. #19
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,889

    Re: It's official! Women drivers ARE more dangerous behind the wheel, scientists disc

    Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dinosaurs View Post
    I can't speak for today's young women (fewer kids these days), but every at-fault accident I've had involved a car full of misbehaving youngsters or a youngster barfing on the floorboard. Since women are still overwhelming the parent who provides most childcare, I have to wonder if this is the reason women have more accidents.
    You know, I thought that too.

  10. #20
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: It's official! Women drivers ARE more dangerous behind the wheel, scientists disc

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    What can you say? Women's lib just got set back 50 years, lol.[/LEFT]
    I know you're just joking so I'll ignore that.

    Dr Sivak said this might be due to height difference between the sexes.
    Well - vehicles certainly aren't designed for short-stature individuals like me. But most women are taller than me so I've had 2 accidents and both were because of what the person in front of me did. I've never had issues at intersections and the like so I don't see what's the deal there.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •