Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: 51% Now Say Allegations Against Cain Likely to Be Serious and True

  1. #1
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    51% Now Say Allegations Against Cain Likely to Be Serious and True

    Most voters now say that the sexual harassment allegations made against Herman Cain may be both serious and true. At the same time, two-thirds believe Cain’s ethics are at least as good as most politicians. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 51% of voters nationwide say it is at least somewhat likely the allegations against Cain are both serious and true.

    51% Now Say Allegations Against Cain Likely to Be Serious and True - Rasmussen Reports™

  2. #2
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: 51% Now Say Allegations Against Cain Likely to Be Serious and True

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Most voters now say that the sexual harassment allegations made against Herman Cain may be both serious and true. At the same time, two-thirds believe Cain’s ethics are at least as good as most politicians. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 51% of voters nationwide say it is at least somewhat likely the allegations against Cain are both serious and true.

    51% Now Say Allegations Against Cain Likely to Be Serious and True - Rasmussen Reports™
    Think what that says about other politicians. That leaves roughly 17% of people that believe the allegations are serious and true (which means they think Cain is lying and besmirhcing innocent women) but still believe that his ethics are at least as good as most politicians.

  3. #3
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: 51% Now Say Allegations Against Cain Likely to Be Serious and True

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Most voters now say that the sexual harassment allegations made against Herman Cain may be both serious and true. At the same time, two-thirds believe Cain’s ethics are at least as good as most politicians. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 51% of voters nationwide say it is at least somewhat likely the allegations against Cain are both serious and true.

    51% Now Say Allegations Against Cain Likely to Be Serious and True - Rasmussen Reports™
    Cain may or may not be guilty, I don't know. I just find it silly that they're polling people on this issue. Most people in the country don't personally know Herman Cain. What position are they in to make any type of judgment about him and his private life? A poll like this has about as much validity to it as a poll of non-sports fans as to who is likely to win the SuperBowl or NBA championship.

    That's why all my posts involving my criticism of Cain don't involve the sexual harassment charges. It's a stupid point to argue over; none of us knows what happened yet. Let's just focus on issues and policy. There's plenty of material there already.
    Last edited by StillBallin75; 11-09-11 at 02:01 PM.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  4. #4
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: 51% Now Say Allegations Against Cain Likely to Be Serious and True

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Cain may or may not be guilty, I don't know. I just find it silly that they're polling people on this issue. Most people in the country don't personally know Herman Cain. What position are they in to make any type of judgment about him and his private life? A poll like this has about as much validity to it as a poll of non-sports fans as to who will win the SuperBowl of NBA championship.

    That's why all my posts involving my criticism of Cain don't involve the sexual harassment charges. It's a stupid point to argue over; none of us knows what happened yet. Let's just focus on issues and policy.
    People judge herman cain the way we all judge everyone...what they hear him say..what he stands for...
    Still...one accuser ok...two accusers ok....4-5 accusers somethings stinks...period.....I cannot remember not one politician accused of sexual harrassment who didnt say ITS BASELESS....TOTALLY UNTRUE....I NEVER MET HER...then we have the clintons the anthony weiners...and this one and that one ...
    I think this poll is starting to reflect a trend towards ok herman we gave you a couple of pass's now its too much

  5. #5
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: 51% Now Say Allegations Against Cain Likely to Be Serious and True

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    People judge herman cain the way we all judge everyone...what they hear him say..what he stands for...
    Still...one accuser ok...two accusers ok....4-5 accusers somethings stinks...period.....I cannot remember not one politician accused of sexual harrassment who didnt say ITS BASELESS....TOTALLY UNTRUE....I NEVER MET HER...then we have the clintons the anthony weiners...and this one and that one ...
    I think this poll is starting to reflect a trend towards ok herman we gave you a couple of pass's now its too much
    Well, personally I will reserve judgment if or when the facts come out. Until then, it's all speculation and irrelevant to the real issues, which I believe are his policies and politics.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  6. #6
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: 51% Now Say Allegations Against Cain Likely to Be Serious and True

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Well, personally I will reserve judgment if or when the facts come out. Until then, it's all speculation and irrelevant to the real issues, which I believe are his policies and politics.
    Thats the point they all rely on...the facts rarely come out because its he said she said...like I said 1vs1 ok...its a push...5 vs1 something stinks

  7. #7
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: 51% Now Say Allegations Against Cain Likely to Be Serious and True

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Thats the point they all rely on...the facts rarely come out because its he said she said...like I said 1vs1 ok...its a push...5 vs1 something stinks
    Maybe you're right. I just think this is kind of beating a dead horse when there are more substantive issues about Cain to discuss.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  8. #8
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: 51% Now Say Allegations Against Cain Likely to Be Serious and True

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Most voters now say that the sexual harassment allegations made against Herman Cain may be both serious and true. At the same time, two-thirds believe Cain’s ethics are at least as good as most politicians. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 51% of voters nationwide say it is at least somewhat likely the allegations against Cain are both serious and true.

    51% Now Say Allegations Against Cain Likely to Be Serious and True - Rasmussen Reports™
    Five accusers is a lot so I'm not surprised people are thinking this way. But it's too early too tell how much of it is true at this point. It still needs to all play out because neither side is backing down. Eventually someone is going to sue, so whoever puts their money where their mouth is will be the clear truth teller.

    Nonetheless, none of this has any effect on my opinion of him as a candidate. I think he's ridiculous as a politician without the allegations.

  9. #9
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: 51% Now Say Allegations Against Cain Likely to Be Serious and True

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Five accusers is a lot so I'm not surprised people are thinking this way. But it's too early too tell how much of it is true at this point. It still needs to all play out because neither side is backing down. Eventually someone is going to sue, so whoever puts their money where their mouth is will be the clear truth teller.

    Nonetheless, none of this has any effect on my opinion of him as a candidate. I think he's ridiculous as a politician without the allegations.
    Pretty much the same way I see it.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  10. #10
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: 51% Now Say Allegations Against Cain Likely to Be Serious and True

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Maybe you're right. I just think this is kind of beating a dead horse when there are more substantive issues about Cain to discuss.
    Meh, I think whether or not he forced a woman's face down to his crotch and put his hand up her skirt is kind of relevant when discussing who will be the president of the United States.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •