Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 70

Thread: Study: 30 top firms paid no federal income taxes

  1. #41
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,292

    Re: Study: 30 top firms paid no federal income taxes

    "the parasitic left believes corporations only use is to provide tax dollars that liberals use to buy the votes of their minions."


    The parasitic right believes Corporations only use is to procure tax dollars that were paid by liberals to finance Corporate agendas.

  2. #42
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Study: 30 top firms paid no federal income taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    "the parasitic left believes corporations only use is to provide tax dollars that liberals use to buy the votes of their minions."


    The parasitic right believes Corporations only use is to procure tax dollars that were paid by liberals to finance Corporate agendas.
    that is beyond stupid. we aren't the ones demanding that others pay are way in life. and when I see someone whine about corporations I see someone who really is on the fringe of reality



  3. #43
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,077

    Re: Study: 30 top firms paid no federal income taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    If I lost a large source of my income, I would have to find another source of income to make up for it. I think the "rest of us" would too.
    BofA exists today in large part because of taxpayers. anyone in that organization who assumed that the money would come without any strings attached is too stupid to be an executive. they got off cheaply.

  4. #44
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Study: 30 top firms paid no federal income taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    BofA exists today in large part because of taxpayers. anyone in that organization who assumed that the money would come without any strings attached is too stupid to be an executive. they got off cheaply.
    So? They will still recover the lost revenue. They'll just have to do it through less obvious means.

  5. #45
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,077

    Re: Study: 30 top firms paid no federal income taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    So? They will still recover the lost revenue. They'll just have to do it through less obvious means.
    and if they nickel and dime the customer to death, people will return to stuffing their money in mattresses. you can't squeeze blood from a turnip.

    maybe once wealth finally trickles down, the average consumer will be able to afford new bank fees that offer no additional value, though.

  6. #46
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Study: 30 top firms paid no federal income taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    and if they nickel and dime the customer to death, people will return to stuffing their money in mattresses. you can't squeeze blood from a turnip.

    maybe once wealth finally trickles down, the average consumer will be able to afford new bank fees that offer no additional value, though.
    There was actually value from the bank fees, but you are free to think otherwise. Consumers were paying the fees before (they probably totaled more then just $5.00/month) without any issues. Consumers will do it again. It just has to be less obvious.

  7. #47
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,077

    Re: Study: 30 top firms paid no federal income taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    There was actually value from the bank fees, but you are free to think otherwise. Consumers were paying the fees before (they probably totaled more then just $5.00/month) without any issues. Consumers will do it again. It just has to be less obvious.
    there was value from the banks jacking up debit charges to the point where stores were demanding a minimum purchase to even let you use a card?

    ok. i don't need that value. i can write a check or pay cash.

    luckily, my bank doesn't do that, and it eliminated minimum balance BS in the 90s.

  8. #48
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Study: 30 top firms paid no federal income taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    there was value from the banks jacking up debit charges to the point where stores were demanding a minimum purchase to even let you use a card?
    Yes. They were using those fees to subsidze other business and (some) was used to pay for the infrastructure and of course profit.

    ok. i don't need that value. i can write a check or pay cash.
    The banks will be happy. I would fully expect them to attempt to push people from debit cards to more profitable products. Either a new product they come up with, credit card, checking account fees or whatever.

  9. #49
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    ATL
    Last Seen
    07-07-12 @ 09:00 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,172

    Re: Study: 30 top firms paid no federal income taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    and if they nickel and dime the customer to death, people will return to stuffing their money in mattresses. you can't squeeze blood from a turnip.

    maybe once wealth finally trickles down, the average consumer will be able to afford new bank fees that offer no additional value, though.
    You have absolutely no idea how the debit card industry functions. Who do you think used to pay for privilege millions enjoyed by using a debit card? Banks have invested billions in transaction infrastructure to make the debit cards available to everyone. They recouped those expenses by charging a tiny fee on retailers that accepted the cards to complete transactions. Along come the populist morons in congress to save the day. They take their cues from their crony capitalism buddies (VISA, Mastercard, etc) and pass a law that deprives the banks of making a return on the billions of invested infrastructure. Banks tried to raise the lost revenue by directly charging the consumer for the convenience of the card. Given the current political environment, as well as the growing number of whiny ass beggars taking to the streets, the banks have balked and are not going to charge the fee. When providing debit card services becomes unprofitable, you can expect one thing to happen.......banks will get out of the business. All the idiots that cried about the fees will now have to carry around fat wads of cash (you will pay a fee to withdraw money from an account) or write personal checks (checks are rarely free of charges). At the end of the day the blind and stupid masses will declare victory while paying more fees and/or being more inconvenienced ..... but at least they will have the shallow victory of saying "we stuck it to the man"......when in fact they are "the man" that got boned.
    I love the smell of burning moonbat in the morning.

  10. #50
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,077

    Re: Study: 30 top firms paid no federal income taxes

    weird. i thought the banks made a lot of money by paying me next to no interest on the money that i store there while they invest it and make lots of money loaning it out to other people with interest. seems that letting me spend it where i want in the amounts that i want is about the least that they could do.

    if the pauper banks are really hurting because they are constrained by the government, let them charge a bunch of extra fees and see who plays ball. i won't be one of those people. i'd prefer to have an account to pay bills from, but i'm not giving them any more than they already get from having my savings and paying me almost no interest.

    perhaps if the banks are really hurting as much as conservatives argue and it's all because of the fee restrictions that they themselves signed up for when they demanded a bailout, they might considering paying their executives a bit less. those salaries are becoming less and less sustainable. i'm even more unwilling to pay them a monthly fee than the CEO is unwilling to take a pay cut.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •