Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 60

Thread: Sen. Bernie Sanders: U.S. becoming laughing stock of the world

  1. #41
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,602

    Re: Sen. Bernie Sanders: U.S. becoming laughing stock of the world

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Its bad enough to see fit to attack Senator Sanders for trying to help America... but attempting to get in a second cheap shot on me, plus an even worse cheap shots of unions themselves speaks volumes about you and your style.
    How is that a cheap shot at you? You bleat and blather on and on and on and on...ad ****ing nauseum, about unions all you want, but you more than anyone else here knows that this type of legislation is nothing more than a bone to the unions. You talk about these projects...you talk about jobs...you are full of hot air and bull**** and cheap rhetoric. Its not a cheap shot at 'you', but it IS an absolute statement of fact. Your beloved unions have ****ed over American labor absolutely and completely. The labor unions and the irresponsible city and state government contracts and spending have pushed most states budgets to the point that they are all under water. What I suggested with regard to unions is some of that 'hope' and 'change'....a simple opportunity to put up or once and for all shut the **** up. Stop leeching off the taxpayers through the democrat money laundering schemes and start some good and legitimate investments...put those mountains of cash the unions spend on political campaigns into private investment...companies, job PRODUCING ventures instead of the continued sucking and leeching and draining of the taxpayers and industry. Unions have so completely bled the private sector dry that all the industrial jobs are gone. Thank goodness for people like Bernie Sanders and Barrack Obama that continue to toss gold into your coffers, right? Oh...but hey...join the ranks of the '99%' and protest against undue influence on the political process, right? How much union stink do democrats in this country have on them?

    These proposals are all about digging a deeper hole so the unions can get more cash flush...and so they can continue to spray their funk on their political bedpartners.

    Statement of fact...not a cheap shot at you (though you are the biggest union shill on the board). You want to take it personal? Your world...but I think I am usually pretty direct, no?

  2. #42
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,602

    Re: Sen. Bernie Sanders: U.S. becoming laughing stock of the world

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    It's a honest question, but it begs an honest answer.

    Study: $2 trillion needed for U.S. infrastructure - The Washington Post
    How many of those roads are state roads? State sewage and plumbing systems? Where is the requirement for new highway systems? States are responsible to maintain their roads. They have done a dismal job of budgeting and all this talk does is suggests that another two trillion dollars should be heaped on your grandchildren and great grandchildren because people today refuse to responsibly manage their current budgets.

  3. #43
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,602

    Re: Sen. Bernie Sanders: U.S. becoming laughing stock of the world

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    No he didn't, Vance. Watch the video again. He very clearly said "roads and bridges and rail systems."



    I don't believe you. Otherwise, this infrastructure bill would have passed with flying colors.
    WHat he very clearly said was that he wanted to pass the presidents jobs bill to protect union workers and then he listed them. He gave vague reference to roads and bridges but is he talking about state roads? Building federal highways? The only SPECIFIC he mentioned was light rail...the comparison between the US and Europe. Bernie Sanders is an unasheamed and admitted socialist (I actually respect that he is the only liberal in congress willing to admit it) but his defense of this system is designed to dump money into unions...period.

  4. #44
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,707

    Re: Sen. Bernie Sanders: U.S. becoming laughing stock of the world

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    I have often said this about a particular political party (as they are worst of the offenders), but its true of America as a whole. The metaphor involves a 46 year old man who, at 18, WAS the local high school football star. Once upon a time he was the big man on campus, always with a babe under his arm. Now, he is a 46 year old fat, balding man who sells Chevrolet's for a living. Yet, when he looks i hn the mirror, all he sees is the 18 year old stud. Yes, America is (Americans are) arrogant, living in the glory of its past and unable to see the fat slob it has become. Sorry, but you will never get your self into shape until you are terrified by how out of shape and ugly you have become.

    One of the fundamental principals of business is that a successful firm never rests on its laurels. It is constantly challenging itself to offer better products, cheaper; constantly re-inventing itself. You will never get into that mindset until you can be critical of yourself, which Americans can not seem to do.
    OMG, that is SO true.

    It raises the question of who really loves their country: Those that wave flags and constantly proclaim "USA #1!", or those that want to do what it takes to actually make it #1? I thought that actions spoke louder than words.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    How many of those roads are state roads? State sewage and plumbing systems? Where is the requirement for new highway systems? States are responsible to maintain their roads. They have done a dismal job of budgeting and all this talk does is suggests that another two trillion dollars should be heaped on your grandchildren and great grandchildren because people today refuse to responsibly manage their current budgets.
    Red herring.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    WHat he very clearly said was that he wanted to pass the presidents jobs bill to protect union workers and then he listed them. He gave vague reference to roads and bridges but is he talking about state roads? Building federal highways? The only SPECIFIC he mentioned was light rail...the comparison between the US and Europe. Bernie Sanders is an unasheamed and admitted socialist (I actually respect that he is the only liberal in congress willing to admit it) but his defense of this system is designed to dump money into unions...period.
    Go back to the OP, click on the link, and fast-forward the video to the 3:35 mark. He says, AND I QUOTE: "That's roads, and bridges, and rail systems."

    Vance, I'm not convinced your being honest here. You come across as someone who may be so blindly opposed to anything Obama, or anything liberal, that you will attack anything that even remotely sounds connected to them, no matter how good they may be. What is your deal, man? Right now, we have a major interstate highway in Louisville that is shut down because of structural deficiencies, but because of people like you, securing funding for that vital artery is going to be tough. This has never been a political issue! The Republicans are choosing to make infrastructure, of all things, a political issue. Do they not want us to be able to even get to work, turn on the lights, and pour a glass of clean water? Why the hell are we even debating this?
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  5. #45
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: Sen. Bernie Sanders: U.S. becoming laughing stock of the world

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Do they not want us to be able to even get to work, turn on the lights, and pour a glass of clean water? Why the hell are we even debating this?
    Because the government is so hamstrung by ideology and party as to be dysfunctional.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  6. #46
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    11-13-11 @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3

    Re: Sen. Bernie Sanders: U.S. becoming laughing stock of the world

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    Is the headline of the story Bernie Sanders: U.S. senator is a laughingstock?
    No Bernie Sanders js not the laughing stock, It is obvious that you no nothing of the real Bernie Sanders. He and Ron Paul are the only two congressman that run lobbyists out of their offices and do not take corporate money and favors that would eventually control them as it does our other congressman. Both are on the opposite ends of the political spectrum but they are consistent with their votes and stand on their principal, both are representatives of good character and vote their convictions. Both support withdrawal of all troops from these boondoggles and occupations we are involved in, both want America to stop trying to be the policemen of the world, both want all foreign bases closed and all troops brought home. Of course the military/industrial complex doesn't agree. Both believe our failed free trade agreements is creating the decline of America and destroying the greatest middle class the world has ever known. They would renegotiate our failed free trade agreements and make the fair trade agreements. They both would end the failed war on drugs. By keeping drugs illegal we are corrupting every level of law enforcement, prisons are full of drug offenders, those addicted to the drugs have to commit crimes to pay for the drugs due to its being illegal, creates a market with prices no one can afford with normal jobs.America went through this during probation(and came to the realization that it did not work) neither is our war on drugs. From that point on the differ in political ideology. Bernie Sanders is right about our crumbling infrastructure. We had eight years of letting the infrastructure crumble while we involved ourselves in phony wars and occupations to the tune of trillions of unpaid debt. We deregulated the banking,insurance industry and allowed the banksters to rape and pillage the American people along with the war debt,we went broke. Now the tea baggers want to come in and cut/destroy SS/Medicare and all social safety net programs while cutting taxes on the wealthy and corporations. We have reached a turning point with Ohio and repeal of the governors anti union legislation. Next is Wisconsin and the nation. America has woke and will go to the poll in mass in 2012. they sat on their rears and let the far right crazies take control of the House. America is fed up with the debacle in the House created by the my way or the highway, no compromise crowd. We Independents will join with the Dem's and throw out all bible thumping religious fanatics and tea bagging lunatics(commonly known as the flat earth folks). We must vote out these individuals in2012 if we are to survive.

  7. #47
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: Sen. Bernie Sanders: U.S. becoming laughing stock of the world

    Quote Originally Posted by packeryman View Post
    No Bernie Sanders js not the laughing stock, It is obvious that you no nothing of the real Bernie Sanders. He and Ron Paul are the only two congressman that run lobbyists out of their offices and do not take corporate money and favors that would eventually control them as it does our other congressman. Both are on the opposite ends of the political spectrum but they are consistent with their votes and stand on their principal, both are representatives of good character and vote their convictions. Both support withdrawal of all troops from these boondoggles and occupations we are involved in, both want America to stop trying to be the policemen of the world, both want all foreign bases closed and all troops brought home. Of course the military/industrial complex doesn't agree. Both believe our failed free trade agreements is creating the decline of America and destroying the greatest middle class the world has ever known. They would renegotiate our failed free trade agreements and make the fair trade agreements. They both would end the failed war on drugs. By keeping drugs illegal we are corrupting every level of law enforcement, prisons are full of drug offenders, those addicted to the drugs have to commit crimes to pay for the drugs due to its being illegal, creates a market with prices no one can afford with normal jobs.America went through this during probation(and came to the realization that it did not work) neither is our war on drugs. From that point on the differ in political ideology. Bernie Sanders is right about our crumbling infrastructure. We had eight years of letting the infrastructure crumble while we involved ourselves in phony wars and occupations to the tune of trillions of unpaid debt. We deregulated the banking,insurance industry and allowed the banksters to rape and pillage the American people along with the war debt,we went broke. Now the tea baggers want to come in and cut/destroy SS/Medicare and all social safety net programs while cutting taxes on the wealthy and corporations. We have reached a turning point with Ohio and repeal of the governors anti union legislation. Next is Wisconsin and the nation. America has woke and will go to the poll in mass in 2012. they sat on their rears and let the far right crazies take control of the House. America is fed up with the debacle in the House created by the my way or the highway, no compromise crowd. We Independents will join with the Dem's and throw out all bible thumping religious fanatics and tea bagging lunatics(commonly known as the flat earth folks). We must vote out these individuals in2012 if we are to survive.
    It's not Bernie Sanders who is the laughingstock. It is Bernie Sanders who is saying that the US is the laughingstock.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  8. #48
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,602

    Re: Sen. Bernie Sanders: U.S. becoming laughing stock of the world

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    OMG, that is SO true.

    It raises the question of who really loves their country: Those that wave flags and constantly proclaim "USA #1!", or those that want to do what it takes to actually make it #1? I thought that actions spoke louder than words.



    Red herring.



    Go back to the OP, click on the link, and fast-forward the video to the 3:35 mark. He says, AND I QUOTE: "That's roads, and bridges, and rail systems."

    Vance, I'm not convinced your being honest here. You come across as someone who may be so blindly opposed to anything Obama, or anything liberal, that you will attack anything that even remotely sounds connected to them, no matter how good they may be. What is your deal, man? Right now, we have a major interstate highway in Louisville that is shut down because of structural deficiencies, but because of people like you, securing funding for that vital artery is going to be tough. This has never been a political issue! The Republicans are choosing to make infrastructure, of all things, a political issue. Do they not want us to be able to even get to work, turn on the lights, and pour a glass of clean water? Why the hell are we even debating this?
    Who is responsible for maintaining those roads? Who is responsible for maintaining those sewer systems? You honestly BELIEVE dumping another few trillion in debt on your grandkids is going to FIX things? Horse****. Like the last group of 'shovel ready' projects Sanders 'shovel' is only good for the barn. This is about paying off unions. Period. If a state has failing infrastructure then that state should be kicked in the ass, not bailed out yet AGAIN and CERTAINLY not by future generations because this generation is too corrupt and irresponsible to be accountable. I know it is a radical and foreign concept but for the love of GOD...start being responsible.

  9. #49
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Sen. Bernie Sanders: U.S. becoming laughing stock of the world

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Who is responsible for maintaining those roads? Who is responsible for maintaining those sewer systems? You honestly BELIEVE dumping another few trillion in debt on your grandkids is going to FIX things? Horse****. Like the last group of 'shovel ready' projects Sanders 'shovel' is only good for the barn. This is about paying off unions. Period. If a state has failing infrastructure then that state should be kicked in the ass, not bailed out yet AGAIN and CERTAINLY not by future generations because this generation is too corrupt and irresponsible to be accountable. I know it is a radical and foreign concept but for the love of GOD...start being responsible.
    That is why we raise taxes, fix the taxation system, simplify it, and make sure corporations pay taxes as well...


  10. #50
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,602

    Re: Sen. Bernie Sanders: U.S. becoming laughing stock of the world

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    That is why we raise taxes, fix the taxation system, simplify it, and make sure corporations pay taxes as well...
    Curb wasteful spending and you will find my position on raising taxes to pay down the debt is pretty consistent. But it starts at the local and state level. Anyone foolish enough to believe the answer can be found within the fed is blind...or doesnt give a **** about their grandkids or the debt that we are going to dump on them.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •