Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 152

Thread: Denver Occupy Tries to Storm Capitol - Police use pepper spray, etc.

  1. #21
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Denver Occupy Tries to Storm Capitol - Police use pepper spray, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Proud South Korean View Post
    I wonder why the US doesn't respond more forcefully. Even the Tea Partiers aren't/weren't this violent. I mean, trying to storm the capitol? Assaulting the police? Fights, public indecency, drugs, where's the limit? Armed revolution? WTF?
    Those people are crazy. They intentionally injured the police and ignored repeated warnings by the police, and because of a few bruises and a few "freedoms" gone, they're complaining.
    Worthless ********ing brats. They should be thankful that the US isn't Iran or North Korea or a ROKMC camp.
    People have been killed worldwide for less than these people are complaining about, Tienanmin square for example. I'll also never forget this but it's a perfect example of some of the thinking of the more extreme in these protests: The MTV music awards a while back, Rage Against the Machine who are avowed communists(never stopped them from collecting royalties on their work though) who wrote tons of "talk tough" music were playing, the bassist climbs the rigging and is removed by police and arrested, during the arrest he starts screaming "you're hurting me, you're hurting me!" while he was in a simple, routine armlock. These "communists" who acted tough sure showed a bunch of manliness that day for sure(sarcasm off), but it spoke VOLUMES about the typical "revolutionary". Many of those in the protest think they are revolutionaries but have no clue of the brutality that comes with extreme change.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #22
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,580

    Re: Denver Occupy Tries to Storm Capitol - Police use pepper spray, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    This will have to escalate and continue - more violence or at least, more aggressive actions must be taken to keep these people in the public eye, to continue to claim to be the "victims" and to stay relevant. When Denver gets to -20 degrees, you'll see less and less protestors and this movement will go into hibernation. They MUST do these aggressive actions to stay relevant.
    They want to create a crisis that can be manipulated by the governement. "Never let a crisis go to waste", as some have said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #23
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,580

    Re: Denver Occupy Tries to Storm Capitol - Police use pepper spray, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    Ain't you lucky that it's impossible for them to do that.
    Impossible? Improbable, but not impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #24
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Denver Occupy Tries to Storm Capitol - Police use pepper spray, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Impossible? Improbable, but not impossible.
    I tend to agree, it only takes one instance for a country to think it's way of life is safe and guaranteed to allow us to be blindsided by tyranny. I mean, Venezuela thought they were fine until Hugo Chavez pulled his crap(may he suffer greatly).
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Denver Occupy Tries to Storm Capitol - Police use pepper spray, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    To those dismissing illegal acts from the protesters I will leave you with a reality check: If the police tell you that you have violated a law and vacate the area, you vacate the area. Failure to follow police commands ends in one of three possibilities 1) you get arrested 2) you get your ass kicked by the police 3) all of the above. The police have a job to do, that is enforce the law and it does not allow for whatever the hell you think passes as moral superiority(hint: You probably don't know what the hell is going on anyway or you would have taken a different route to begin with).

    Next, your ideas do not make you immune to getting your ass kicked by the police and it doesn't dismiss charges......if you remain after a police warning you are wrong, you were actually wrong to begin with which is why you were warned to begin with. Pepper/freeze spray hurts, it's supposed to in order to either surpress the very stupid move of charging at or throwing objects towards police.....we'll call it anti-dummy spray. Less than lethal methods of crowd control such as tear gas, bean bag rounds, and rubber bullets are par for the course when you decide to try and riot, they hurt, they injure, they are supposed to but you complain that they hurt and you know what, we don't care because if you had done what you were told to begin with guess what.....they DON'T get used.....gasp.

    Finally, if you had been in a less free country it wouldn't be simple injury you would be complaining about because they would have used real bullets, chlorine gas, or military vehicles to clear you out, that isn't simple injury......that's DEAD. So maybe.....just maybe stop whining because you are wrong, very wrong, and if you hadn't gone over your freedom of speech line you wouldn't be bleeding.

    Have a nice day.
    It isn't always that black and white. We had the story a couple weeks ago where a police officer told a person standing in their own yard to leave the area and quit filming him.

    The person didn't. Yes, they were arrested but the charges were dismissed. My point is to know your rights. Nobody has the right to tell anyone they can not enter a city building. A city official may very well instruct police officers to intervene. They may arrest you but you will have been perfectly within your rights. I agree that being violent is only going to backfire. It's never going to work. Showing the government falsely arresting people will do far more for the arguement.

    Public officials often times forget that they are public officials.

  6. #26
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Denver Occupy Tries to Storm Capitol - Police use pepper spray, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Police Use Pepper Spray, Rubber Bullets on Occupy Denver Protesters Trying to Storm Capitol | Video | TheBlaze.com

    Police used pepper spray and rubber bullets to try to quell an Occupy Denver demonstration Saturday as protesters attempted to occupy the state Capitol building.

    The Denver Post reported seven arrests were made, including two for assault and one for disobedience. Police confirmed pepper spray and either rubber bullets or pepper balls were used to break up the crowd, which may have numbered up to 2,000.
    Lt. Matt Murray with the Denver Police told the Post some protesters received medical treatment at the scene, but no one had been taken to the hospital.
    Police and protesters clash on the steps of the state Capitol building. (Denver Post)


    Murray said one officer was knocked off his motorcycle and others were attacked and kicked by protesters...

    This violence has got to stop. These people need to calm down and do something productive instead of provoking the police.
    This, unlike the other incident, I think is a proper use for things like rubber bullets as people needed protecting.

    Shame on the protestors.

  7. #27
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Denver Occupy Tries to Storm Capitol - Police use pepper spray, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl, replying to the OP View Post
    You have provided no evidence of any violence (except by the police).

    P.R. statements by police spokesmen are not evidence of violence.
    Oh, for God's sake. What do you want? Forensics?
    A rational argument. Keep trying....

  8. #28
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Denver Occupy Tries to Storm Capitol - Police use pepper spray, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    [...] Finally, if you had been in a less free country it wouldn't be simple injury you would be complaining about because they would have used real bullets, chlorine gas, or military vehicles to clear you out, that isn't simple injury......that's DEAD. So maybe.....just maybe stop whining because you are wrong, very wrong, and if you hadn't gone over your freedom of speech line you wouldn't be bleeding.
    Death for non-violent protest.

    Welcome to right wing Amerika, where the police -- not the courts -- determine the limits of your rights.... and your punishment.

  9. #29
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Denver Occupy Tries to Storm Capitol - Police use pepper spray, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Death for non-violent protest.

    Welcome to right wing Amerika, where the police -- not the courts -- determine the limits of your rights.... and your punishment.
    I believe he was pointing out that the system that many of the protesters want to overthrow is the very system that keeps them from being truly "punished", this dramatic victimhood **** is getting annoying.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Denver Occupy Tries to Storm Capitol - Police use pepper spray, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Proud South Korean View Post
    I wonder why the US doesn't respond more forcefully. Even the Tea Partiers aren't/weren't this violent. I mean, trying to storm the capitol?
    There has been no evidence presented here that anyone was trying to "storm" the capital.

    Quote Originally Posted by Proud South Korean View Post
    Assaulting the police?
    There has been no evidence presented here that anyone was assaulting the police.

    Quote Originally Posted by Proud South Korean View Post
    Fights, public indecency, drugs, where's the limit? Armed revolution?
    There has been no evidence presented here of any fights (other than those initiated by police), public indecency, drugs, or armed revolution (well, not with the OWS folks, at least).



    Tea Party protester. Armed. Promoting revolution.


    Quote Originally Posted by Proud South Korean View Post
    Those people are crazy.
    There has been no evidence presented here to support that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Proud South Korean View Post
    They intentionally injured the police [...]
    There has been no evidence presented here that police have even been injured, much less intentionally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Proud South Korean View Post
    Worthless ********ing brats. They should be thankful that the US isn't Iran or North Korea or a ROKMC camp.
    You can always dream, eh?

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •